• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

As a wise man told me. I need to step away. :b:

Post#122?

God will never do anything outside or contrary to His will, is what I meant. WOF mindset, seems you inject things I don't say.

1God get this evil away from me.

2 Come Lord be with meJesus

3. Save Him Lord.

4 Give me peace Lord.

5 Lord meet my needs

I go by what you say, not by what I think you say. When I respond to your posts, this "word of faith" doctrine is the farthest thing from my mind. If you wish to be involved with that, that's your business, I'm not going to bash you for it. I will point out differences in those beliefs -vs- my own. If you wish to discuss them, we can do that, if you don't want too, we don't have to. I'm not here to shove my beliefs down your throat. I don't like it when people do that with me, so I'm not going to do it with you.

False doctrines are a touchy subject here, and for good reason, they're false. I personally don't agree with the word of faith doctrine. There are too many things about it that just don't sit right with me. Am I the final judge.....no. But I take what they preach and compare it to the Word. That's basically all I can do. I let the Word speak for itself, it doesn't need my input. My feelings and emotions don't play into this, I can't let them, they're too volatile.

My advice is to speak your mind and sit back and listen. Step out of your box and see if there's something you can learn here. I know you feel like you're being ganged up on.....it's not a good feeling. I've been there many times. :whistling: But you can't let it get to you.

Sometimes our perception of the truth is not what we think it is. It's a lesson I've come to accept while being here. I don't know everything and neither does anyone else, but if we all work together, maybe, just maybe, we can add alittle wisdom and knowledge to that grey matter we call a brain and add alittle softness to the heart.

The End.

Back to prayer. I'm not going to mention money.:whistling: Did you know you can pray unscripturally? "Lord if it's your will" for me to be healed, prospered, joy. Well if it's in scripture its His will....

:laugh:

Well Yes! I Am In Total Agreement With The "Faith In The Word" Crowd

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. Luke 21:33

And I Try Never To Crush The Growing Faith Of A Dear Brother Or Sister But I Can See You Are In Gentle Hands

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

Who Care Enough To Warn A Brother About The Wolves Circling Around The Beloved

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

You Do Bring Up A Point About Praying "If It's Your Will" Or "Thy Will Be Done"

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Luke 11:2

And I Do Understand Your Meaning Although I've Been Scornfully Chastised While Praying For His Will By Brothers Who I Still Love Dearly But....

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. Matthew 26:42

It's Funny But Since I Was Six And Became A Believer A Major Point Of Attack For Me Often Comes While I Pray With Others

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 1 Peter 4:12-14

But I've Learned To Keep On Keeping On Knowing God Will Hear No Matter What Others May Say

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

For Prayer Is A Precious And A Most Treasured Gift

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

And He'll Teach

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26

Us

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. Psalms 95:6

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Steven - is there any indication that Jesus healed based on the intents and purposes of the people?

Paul is one that I can think of... but at the time of the miracles of Christ all were healed because they just wanted to be free of the malady. That is why I see the miracles of then three fold:

1. Fulfill Scripture as to Prophesy of the Messiah as testified to John the Baptist and those in charge of the Temple (Nicodemus and others).

2. To verify God was among us in the Person of His Son (the amount it happened and the uniqueness of).

3. Those Christ commissioned to confirm the Church and The New testament of His Blood (The Scriptures).

And as far as "loving this place" - I've struggled with suicide most of my life. I'm trying to find reasons to be thankful for being alive here. Not to get personal on you, but that is a sore spot I have to deal with.

You and I have talked of this before! As far as the personal( I Love you in The Person of Christ) and as we progress in Spiritual things both here and when we stand in His presence there will be this truth that all personal about us will be fully revealed to all and we will know just as we are known.... also for the first time we shall know what it is to not have one thought of self but to be fully absorbed in the person before us as to complete importance as the unbounded reality of their value upon their value upon their value... I have often pondered what will keep us from exploding in Joy unspeakable when it never has an end but always increasing in the unbounded nature that is of the eternities! For all things will only add unto the joy that is already obtained and endless are they in their coming to us in Christ...

As for the other: In observing your picture: God has made you attractive and by the skeleton you have humor, I have read and admired your intellect in the diversity of your many post and insights... You admire the awesome beauty God has woven into His creation as to science and with joy I have heard your triumph in exclaiming those truths, I have read how The Holy Spirit speaks His Words out of you to others in need of encouragement and effectively you return the credit to Him when due, there are many here who are attached to your person in ways maybe you do not see but I hear their written words to you of respect and care... Why do you not Thank The Father for these gifts? I do for you! For it is great joy to see loved ones receive Love from others.... Sometime I have seen focus on things we believe to be true that are not for the fruits of these beliefs are not those of His Children's branches! The Father teaches His Children will be thankful for all things (all) for in His Spirit of truth all things work together for Good.... So search out that which steals from you thankfulness examine it in the light of Scriptures and cast it from you for it is not from God who gives abundantly above and beyond all that we ask from Him.... Love Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks, Steven . . . that was very sweet of you to say.

*Happy-cry face*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You have to listen to your Spirit. Praise God! I thought it was spiritual healing also, after looking it up on the internet.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded 2490 for our transgressions 6588, [he was] bruised 1792 for our iniquities 5771: the chastisement 4148 of our peace 7965 [was] upon him; and with his stripes 2250 we are healed 7495 .

You have to read, study and meditate on the word of God. I don't agree with a lot of you, as far as teachers go. There are teachers out there who study the word of God (40& 50 years) and know the Hebrew and Greek tranlation. I hear that the Holy Spirit guides you when reading and that is true, satan can also deceive you!

Do you believe that when someone is seeking guidance from the Holy Spirit that they tune into satan? Come now, greater is He that is in you then he that is in the world!

Over the years I have suggested a couple of Word Study Dictionaries that explain the Greek and Hebrew deeper then what you may find on the internet. The understanding you can gain is well worth the little price you have to pay. The Complete Word Study Old and New Testament Dictionary Set, 2 Volumes and I would also suggest an interlinear bible. The bible is hard to read at first, but once you become use to the formation of how they use to talk, it is rather enlightening.

It's not a matter of tuning into satan he just interjects. I don't think Jesus was tuning in when satan tried to tempt him.

"Tuning in" is another way to say "pay attention to". Guess that phrase shows my age ... :laugh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

Here is an example of Paul talking about God having mercy, not how he used his own faith to heal someone.

PHILLIPIANS Chap 2 verse 25

Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labor,and fellow soldier,

but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that you had heard that he had been sick.

For indeed he was sick nigh unto death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only, but on me also,

lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when you see him again, you may rejoice, and that I may be the

less sorrowful.

Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness, and hold such in reputation:

Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life,to supply your lack of service toward me.

Here is a man who nearly died doing the work of Christ, to make sure Paul would live.

• Group:  Senior Member

Here is an example of Paul talking about God having mercy, not how he used his own faith to heal someone.

PHILLIPIANS Chap 2 verse 25

Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labor,and fellow soldier,

but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that you had heard that he had been sick.

For indeed he was sick nigh unto death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only, but on me also,

lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when you see him again, you may rejoice, and that I may be the

less sorrowful.

Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness, and hold such in reputation:

Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life,to supply your lack of service toward me.

Here is a man who nearly died doing the work of Christ, to make sure Paul would live.

I believe it's always God's mercy and grace when someone is healed thru the prayer of faith.

• Group:  Senior Member

Let me try this again about prayer. Do you think this would be a good prayer? Or is it stupid?

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit" (Ps. 51:10-12).

I used to pray this too.

1God get the devil off my back. ( James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.)

2 Come Lord, or go with us Lord (Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.")

3. God poor out your spirit (Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost)

4 Give me peace Lord. (Eph 2 14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation),

5 Oh heal me lord (1 Peter 2:24 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.)

A lot of what we ask God's done 2000 years ago or we were commanded to do. When we pray contrary to God's word It's unbelief.

And for the prayer above

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us. God created a new heart in us when we were born again (2 Cor. 5:17) and sealed it with His Holy Spirit so it would never be polluted again (Eph. 1:13). He promised He would never leave us nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5), and His love, joy, and peace are now a permanent part of our born-again spirits (Gal. 5:22). Yet multitudes of New Testament Christians pray and sing the exact opposite of this.

This is what I believe.

Edited by Believer112

Let me try this again about prayer. Do you think this would be a good prayer? Or is it stupid?

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit" (Ps. 51:10-12).

I used to pray this too.

1 God get the devil off my back. ( James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.)

2 Come Lord, or go with us Lord (Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.")

3. God poor out your spirit (Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost)

4 Give me peace Lord. (Eph 2 14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation),

5 Oh heal me lord (1 Peter 2:24 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.)

A lot of what we ask God's done 2000 years ago or we were commanded to do. When we pray contrary to God's word It's unbelief.

And for the prayer above

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us. God created a new heart in us when we were born again (2 Cor. 5:17) and sealed it with His Holy Spirit so it would never be polluted again (Eph. 1:13). He promised He would never leave us nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5), and His love, joy, and peace are now a permanent part of our born-again spirits (Gal. 5:22). Yet multitudes of New Testament Christians pray and sing the exact opposite of this.

This is what I believe.

Amen!

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Psalms 51:10-12

I Pray It

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Romans 8:10

Without

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. Deuteronomy 30:6

Shame

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

You See

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

Jesus!

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

>>>>>()<<<<<

Without Shame!

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Psalms 122:6