• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

One Light - when you ask why God did not grant your prayer, do you appreciate someone suggesting it was because you were doing something wrong?

I'm frustrated, too.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

One Light - when you ask why God did not grant your prayer, do you appreciate someone suggesting it was because you were doing something wrong?

I'm frustrated, too.

Neb, I have been corrected many time in my life. That is how I learned a lot of my lessons, through my mistakes. When I was wrong, I was wrong. Sure, at first I had to swallow my pride and secretly examine His word to see if what the person told me was true or not, but when I excepted that God would use people to teach me, it was easier to examine myself. Once my pride was gone, I was open to correction. I also learned that if I took something wrong, most of the time it was me who was wrong. When God moves, He moves in love, but love is not always brought forth in kind words, but stern warnings.

If my prayers are not answered, it has to do with my prayer, not God.

I'm all for godly rebukes, too . . . when they actually hit the mark.

You see, our prayer was first for our college. We had Bible teachers that taught us the Bible is not God's word - and this at a Christian Liberal Arts college that was originally founded as a Bible school. :blink: We had students who were Christian in name only.

"Lord, please send revival to this campus!"

Wrong direction?

:online2long:

Could it be Gods will? When we read the prophecies that pertain to the last days, we read that every nation will turn against God. How can a nation that has gone through a revival for God turn against God?

Our nation went through three recognized revivals for God, you know.

It's only been a mere 30 years since the Jesus Movement, you know. And look at how far the nation has been falling since then.

Revelation 13:6-8 (New King James Version)

Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

There are two groups spoken about here. First are the saints, Gods children, scattered throughout the whole world. Then there are the nations, the governments/tongues and tribes of the world - everyone that is not Gods children. The US as a nation will never turn back to God, but there are many in the US who will if the revival is from one heart to another.

Are you sure these things will take place within the decade? What if the Lord tarries another 20 years? Or 30 years? Or a hundred years? What if the Lord means for one last harvest of souls? Can you set the time for when these things will take place?

It may be that you had the right idea, revival, but were praying for the wrong implementation?

So, what would you suggest the implementation should have been?

As I was reading about the prayer groups/meetings that started the Great Awakenings, I thought about my own prayer group in college - praying for revival. I thought of countless others like that. After the second generation of our prayer group graduated, I've heard nothing of anything that came of what we prayed for.

There has to be something more than just a small group humbling themselves and seeking the Lord. We did that!

There has to be more to the picture that we are not seeing.

I think in order for there to be a revival, there has to be a need, a hunger, a genuine desire for what is right. I don't know if it necessarily needs to be a desire for God, because the Holy Spirit can touch anyones heart, they just need to be pointed in the right direction. Once that direction is established and the hearts and minds are open, they need to be fed.

I don't believe revival came to your campus because there was no desire there. Granted, prayers were taking place, but it is my belief that we can't pray righteousness into anyone. We have to make a conscious effort to let the Lord into our lives. I don't believe He forces Himself on anyone.

I don't believe you and your prayer group did anything wrong. I think the reason nothing happened is because no one was listening. And when I say no one, I'm not referring to God.

Just my opinion.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

Bible college hunh? that splains it, lol

To revive something means they had to have it then lost it.

I'm soon 50 and have yet to see a revival in this country or of it.

Since it's foundation there's been a steady eroding of Godliness here.

I think in order for there to be a revival, there has to be a need, a hunger, a genuine desire for what is right. I don't know if it necessarily needs to be a desire for God, because the Holy Spirit can touch anyones heart, they just need to be pointed in the right direction. Once that direction is established and the hearts and minds are open, they need to be fed.

I don't believe revival came to your campus because there was no desire there. Granted, prayers were taking place, but it is my belief that we can't pray righteousness into anyone. We have to make a conscious effort to let the Lord into our lives. I don't believe He forces Himself on anyone.

I don't believe you and your prayer group did anything wrong. I think the reason nothing happened is because no one was listening. And when I say no one, I'm not referring to God.

Just my opinion.

Thank-you, man.

Well, have you ever heard of the Hebrides Revival (Scotland)? It is reported that people in the street at the same time fell on their faces crying out for mercy of God without a single word having been spoken to them. Bars emptied for no reason other than the Spirit of God fell on them. This is how it is reported.

So :noidea:

Just my opinion.

Thank-you, man.

Well, have you ever heard of the Hebrides Revival (Scotland)? It is reported that people in the street at the same time fell on their faces crying out for mercy of God without a single word having been spoken to them. Bars emptied for no reason other than the Spirit of God fell on them. This is how it is reported.

So :noidea:

All I can say is, the need or desire had to have been there. Once the heart is open to the possibilty, the Spirit of God can work miracles.

Bible college hunh? that splains it, lol

To revive something means they had to have it then lost it.

I'm soon 50 and have yet to see a revival in this country or of it.

Since it's foundation there's been a steady eroding of Godliness here.

Have you heard about what happened at Asbury College in 1970? Asbury is another Christian Liberal Arts College.

No, we haven't had anything like the Great Awakenings, but there's been pockets of stuff around.

Like the Jesus Movement which primarily reached the Hippies.