• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, have you ever heard of the Hebrides Revival (Scotland)? It is reported that people in the street at the same time fell on their faces crying out for mercy of God without a single word having been spoken to them. Bars emptied for no reason other than the Spirit of God fell on them. This is how it is reported.

So :noidea:

All I can say is, the need or desire had to have been there. Once the heart is open to the possibilty, the Spirit of God can work miracles.

I'm a little confused. Who needs to have the desire? Because in the Hebrides, the people had no sense of need, no desire, their hearts were not open - they just found themselves out of the blue falling on their faces in repentance.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

It seems to me, when I read about the Hebrides, that the Holy Spirit had indeed moved in the people. "Arriving in the village at seven o'clock they found a large bungalow crowded to capacity with many assembled outside." You can read it here http://www.holytrinitynewrochelle.org/yourti19195.html

Revival has to start in the hearts of one person and then move onto another who is open, as what happened in your group. IT is a renewing or a spiritual awakening. What I have been saying, man may of said it better, because a place can not have an awakening or a renewal, people do.

That must of been a real slam to you when you went to a so called bible college and heard a teacher there say that the bible is not Gods word. I can see why your group prayed. May I SUGGEST that when you pray for such, focus on those who carry the weight, as the teacher (which I am sure you did) and refrain from blanket prayers, such as revival for the US. Pray for the individual that leads. If the spark can be ignited in the heart of the leader, those who follow will soon feel the same.

I do not believe the Lord is nit-picky with words and phrases. He looks at the heart.

"College," "campus," "the students attending the college" + "the teachers" + "the people working here" mean the same in this context.

He knows we were crying out for the people when we said "college" and "campus."

It seems to me, when I read about the Hebrides, that the Holy Spirit had indeed moved in the people. "Arriving in the village at seven o'clock they found a large bungalow crowded to capacity with many assembled outside." You can read it here http://www.holytrinitynewrochelle.org/yourti19195.html

They also had stuff like this:

Over 100 young people were at the dance in the parish hall and they weren't thinking of God or eternity. God was not in all of their thoughts. They were there to have a good night when suddenly the power of God fell upon the dance. The music ceased and in a matter of minutes, the hall was empty. They fled from the hall as a man fleeing from a plague. And they made for the church. They are now standing outside. Oh, yes--they saw lights in the church. That was a house of God and they were going to it and they went. Men and women who had gone to bed rose, dressed, and made for the church. Nothing in the way of publicity--no mention of a special effort except and intonation from the pulpit on Sabbath that a certain man was going to be conducting a series of meetings in the parish covering 10 days. But God took the situation in hand--oh, He became His own publicity agent. A hunger and a thirst gripped the people. 600 of them now are at the church standing outside.

and

So we left them there, and just as I was leaving the church, a young man came to me and said, "Mr. Campbell, I would like you to go to the police station." I said, "The police station? What's wrong?" "Oh," he said, "There's nothing wrong but there must be at least 400 people gathered around the police station just now."

Now the sergeant there was a God-fearing man. He was in the meeting. But people knew that this was a house that feared God. And next to the police station was the cottage in which the two old women lived. I believe that that had something to do with the magnet, the power that drew men. There was a coach load at that meeting. A coach load had come over 12 miles to be there. Now if anyone would ask them today, why? How did it happen? Who arranged it? They couldn't tell you. But they found themselves grouping together and someone saying, "What about going to Barvas? I don't know, but I have a hunger in my heart to go there." I can't explain it; they couldn't explain it, but God had the situation in hand.

. . . I went along. I went along to that meeting. As I am walking along that country road-we had to walk about a mile-I heard someone praying by the roadside. I could hear this man crying to God for mercy. I went over and there were four young men on their knees at the roadside. Yes, they were at the dance but they are now there crying to God for mercy. One of them was under the influence of drink, but a young man he wasn't 20 years of age. But that night God saved him and he is today the parish minister, university trained, college trained, a man of God. Converted in the revival with eleven of his office bearers. A wonderful congregation. Well, he was saved that night.

Now when I got to the police station, I saw something that will live with me as long as I live. I didn't preach--there was no need of preaching. We didn't even sing. The people are crying to God for mercy. Oh, the confessions that were made! There was one old man crying out, "Oh, God, hell is too good for me! Hell is too good for me!"

http://www.shilohouse.org/Hebrides_Revival.htm

Well, have you ever heard of the Hebrides Revival (Scotland)? It is reported that people in the street at the same time fell on their faces crying out for mercy of God without a single word having been spoken to them. Bars emptied for no reason other than the Spirit of God fell on them. This is how it is reported.

So :noidea:

All I can say is, the need or desire had to have been there. Once the heart is open to the possibilty, the Spirit of God can work miracles.

I'm a little confused. Who needs to have the desire? Because in the Hebrides, the people had no sense of need, no desire, their hearts were not open - they just found themselves out of the blue falling on their faces in repentance.

I hear ya. I found this article on the Hebrides revival. It's an eyewitness account. Maybe you've already read it. I found it fascinating. I learned something there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just saw your link. It's the same as mine.

Good reading. :thumbsup:

Edited by man

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I like how the writer summed it all up.

"The price for heaven sent revival has never changed. Before the floods of Holy Ghost conviction could sweep across the Isles of The Hebrides, strong men were broken before God, travailing in agony of prayer through the long hours of the night for months. To do this, in spite of the demands of home and work, these men had to make time for waiting before God! This is perhaps the greatest problem besetting us today. We have all the modern luxuries of life to make work easier and yet we cannot make time to pray! "

What stood out for me is that the Holy Spirit first had to move in the lives of those who He used in the revival.

Same link as I provided before.

What you will also see is that the Lord gave a vision for revival to a woman, and this is what led to her and her sister praying for it.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3209372351036432043#

I know youtube video's are not aloud, not sure about google video's if I'm violating anything please delete this post.

This is a sermon I found by Heidi baker, God is using her to lead a revival in South Africa, she has had over 100 people raise from the dead in her ministry, food multiplying, countless healing and miracles, the Lord is moving there. I have been studying revival alot lately, it's something the Lord has put strongly on my heart. The video I posted is a powerful sermon by her. She made an interesting quote too. "All fruitfulness flows from Intimacy" Testing this I have found it extremely true.

Some awesome video's to check out, Finger of God, and Furious love. I believe you can find Finger of God on youtube, powerful video's about Gods love, and how He moves today. Finger of God is focused more on miracles, Furious love is focused more on how Gods love moves through the darkest places.

If we ant revival, we need to die to ourselves and live to Him, We need to surrender our control and let Him move. We need to be more intimate with Him. I am noticing in my personal life that the Lord has been moving a lot more when I give Him the time, and am intimate with Him. He wants us to stay in His presence, not just feel His presence on occasion but to always remain in His presence. Worship, prayer, ect is a powerful way to get in His presence. We need to be hungry and desperate for Him, and allow Him to move through us. We need to love others the same way, When we fail to show love we lost the battle.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

Bible college hunh? that splains it, lol

To revive something means they had to have it then lost it.

I'm soon 50 and have yet to see a revival in this country or of it.

Since it's foundation there's been a steady eroding of Godliness here.

Have you heard about what happened at Asbury College in 1970? Asbury is another Christian Liberal Arts College.

No, we haven't had anything like the Great Awakenings, but there's been pockets of stuff around.

Like the Jesus Movement which primarily reached the Hippies.

Which one of these is about Jesus?

Down with authority, We should be able to have free love where everyone fornicates with whoever they want?

And why would someone who believes Jesus not believe Him when He said go to the Father and ask and He will give it to you.

Have you heard about what happened at Asbury College in 1970? Asbury is another Christian Liberal Arts College.

No, we haven't had anything like the Great Awakenings, but there's been pockets of stuff around.

Like the Jesus Movement which primarily reached the Hippies.

Which one of these is about Jesus?

Down with authority, We should be able to have free love where everyone fornicates with whoever they want?

And why would someone who believes Jesus not believe Him when He said go to the Father and ask and He will give it to you.

:emot-questioned: What are you talking about?

The Jesus Movement wasn't the Hippie movement - the Jesus Movement is what brought many hippies to salvation. Evangelism was the key theme of these new Christians. Many of them would simply play guitars and sing on the sidewalks about Jesus as a means to draw people in. Record labels such as Maranatha! (the forefront praise and worship recording company through the 70's and a bit into the 80's) sprang from the Jesus Movement.

So I am not understanding what you are protesting?