IGNORED

distinguishing false from real

ayin jade

The bible is clear that the seal is not broken, that one is sealed until the day of redemption. Seals back in biblical times had a much higher meaning than how we view them today. Seals could not be broken back then, not without dire consequences and often not until certain conditions were met. God cannot break His own seal in this case. To do so would make Him a liar.

Do you believe someone who does this can be sealed with the Holy Spirit?

I know people who have His Spirit, but reject His leading because they rather follow their favorite teacher/preacher, no matter how many times it is pointed out that this teacher teaches certain scripture wrong by those who are listening to the Spirit.

Just because one has the Holy Spirit does not mean that they follow Him.

John 15:1 "I am the real vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 Every branch which is part of me but fails to bear fruit, he cuts off; and every branch that does bear fruit, he prunes, so that it may bear more fruit. 3 Right now, because of the word which I have spoken to you, you are pruned. 4 Stay united with me, as I will with you -- for just as the branch can't put forth fruit by itself apart from the vine, so you can't bear fruit apart from me. 5 "I am the vine and you are the branches. Those who stay united with me, and I with them, are the ones who bear much fruit; because apart from me you can't do a thing. 6 Unless a person remains united with me, he is thrown away like a branch and dries up. Such branches are gathered and thrown into the fire, where they are burned up.

Mark 4:14 The sower sows the message. 15 Those alongside the path where the message is sown are people who no sooner hear it than the Adversary comes and takes away the message sown in them. 16 Likewise, those receiving seed on rocky patches are people who hear the message and joyfully accept it at once; but they have no root in themselves. So they hold out for a while, but as 17 soon as some trouble or persecution arises on account of the message, they immediately fall away. 18 Others are those sown among thorns -- they hear the message; 19 but the worries of the world, the deceitful glamor of wealth and all the other kinds of desires push in and choke the message; so that it produces nothing. 20 But those sown on rich soil hear the message, accept it and bear fruit -- thirty, sixty or a hundredfold." 21 He said to them, "A lamp isn't brought in to be put under a bowl or under the bed, is it? Wouldn't you put it on a lampstand?

I believe that if we FOLLOW Jesus, we are sealed. If we Fail to abide in him, and do not bear fruit, He cuts us off.

IF we couldn't be mislead, then why is it so important to be lead? If we cannot be deceived, why is there so many warnings about being deceived? Satan can easily deceive us, but He cannot deceive the Holy Spirit, what are we letting control us?

When we surrender to the Holy Spirit, He takes the lead, If we surrender to our flesh, our flesh takes the lead.

I believe you can have the Holy Spirit, and not live surrender to Him. This is the battle between your flesh and Spirit. God entrusts us with His precious Holy Spirit, to take the lead, how can He take the lead if we do not submit control?

We're on the same page here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Man - what about the Apostle Paul in Romans 7 & 8 (context) specifically Ro 7:15 etc? Paul continued to sin after salvation and I don't read anywhere that the spirit leaves him after each sin. If the HS is a seal, that is removed at each sin, then it's not really a seal.

I never stated that the Holy Spirit leaves everytime a sin is committed.

Here is the post I was addressing.

I know people who have His Spirit, but reject His leading because they rather follow their favorite teacher/preacher, no matter how many times it is pointed out that this teacher teaches certain scripture wrong by those who are listening to the Spirit. How do you approach this type of person? How does one warn them when they do not listen? Just because one has the Holy Spirit does not mean that they follow Him.

If someone who is following the teachings of a false teacher and is considered to be sealed with the Holy Spirit, why do we spend so much time warning them about those false teachings? That doesn't make sense. What does it matter what he's doing or who he's following, he's sealed with the Holy Spirit.

We can pretty much disregard all the warnings about false prophets and teachers because if we're sealed with the Holy Spirit, we're good to go.

I don't understand how someone can say an individual is filled with the Holy Spirit if they are continuing a life of sin. That doesn't make sense to me. If someone rejects the truth, who can honestly say they are sealed with the Holy Spirit?

Jesus said, "If the blind follow the blind, they will both fall into the ditch".

Peter said there will be false prophets who will bring in destructive heresies. If someone is sealed with the Holy Spirit and chooses to accept those heresies, are they truly destructive?

In Paul's letter to Timothy, he said there will those who will have a form of godliness and that we are to stay away from them. Why the warning if we are sealed with the Holy Spirit? They can't hurt us.

I don't deny the seal of the Holy Spirit. The Word states it and I believe it. Another thing I believe is that seal can be broken. If that seal can't be broken, it was never there to begin with.

A Kingdom divided cannot stand.

Scripture also tells us ...

James 5:19-20 (New King James Version)

Bring Back the Erring One

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

If you were in error, would you not want others to try their best to help? Is this not the love Christ spoke of?

Matthew 22:39

And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

man, I can see where you are coming from here...

My POV - just because a false teaching doesn't put you in salvational error, doesn't mean it shouldn't be refuted. There is great benefit from holding our beliefs up to scripture, assessing what is true and tossing the rest. I don't believe being a WOF-er necessarily means you have sought the devil and have no seal [not claiming you are saying this either ;)] so I am happy to call WOF-er's brothers and sisters in Christ, who are sadly mislead.

What is more upsetting is when fellow christians are NOT open at all to being taught or being berean... dogmatic assertiveness to one's one (false) doctrine is pride and causes a lot of division in fellowship.

Man - what about the Apostle Paul in Romans 7 & 8 (context) specifically Ro 7:15 etc? Paul continued to sin after salvation and I don't read anywhere that the spirit leaves him after each sin. If the HS is a seal, that is removed at each sin, then it's not really a seal.

I know people who have His Spirit, but reject His leading because they rather follow their favorite teacher/preacher, no matter how many times it is pointed out that this teacher teaches certain scripture wrong by those who are listening to the Spirit. How do you approach this type of person? How does one warn them when they do not listen? Just because one has the Holy Spirit does not mean that they follow Him.

If someone who is following the teachings of a false teacher and is considered to be sealed with the Holy Spirit, why do we spend so much time warning them about those false teachings? That doesn't make sense. What does it matter what he's doing or who he's following, he's sealed with the Holy Spirit.

We can pretty much disregard all the warnings about false prophets and teachers because if we're sealed with the Holy Spirit, we're good to go.

I don't understand how someone can say an individual is filled with the Holy Spirit if they are continuing a life of sin. That doesn't make sense to me. If someone rejects the truth, who can honestly say they are sealed with the Holy Spirit?

Jesus said, "If the blind follow the blind, they will both fall into the ditch".

Peter said there will be false prophets who will bring in destructive heresies. If someone is sealed with the Holy Spirit and chooses to accept those heresies, are they truly destructive?

In Paul's letter to Timothy, he said there will those who will have a form of godliness and that we are to stay away from them. Why the warning if we are sealed with the Holy Spirit? They can't hurt us.

I don't deny the seal of the Holy Spirit. The Word states it and I believe it. Another thing I believe is that seal can be broken. If that seal can't be broken, it was never there to begin with.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

If you were in error, would you not want others to try their best to help? Is this not the love Christ spoke of?

And the second is like it:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

And the second is like it:

You should know that I don't "avoid" you, brother! ;)

I said my questions, not me. ;)

That's ok. Watching you paint yourself into a corner is entertaining. Plus it keeps me on my toes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

That's ok. Watching you paint yourself into a corner is entertaining. Plus it keeps me on my toes.

I asked for a civil discussion in this thread, not meanness and baiting. Please keep things civil.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I don't know why you would find such a thing to be entertaining.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

I believe alot of what Joshua said.

Also because we have seen and know some of those such as Benny......

who is dangerously close to being seperated with the goats, does not mean that all miracles and healings

are done by those the Lord does not know.

Out of the mouths of babes comes perfect praise.

The people in these churches may be spiritual babes and still have need of meat.

Case by case, and let God's spirit speak through you, whether it be to Benny, or babes.

And may there be peace this day between One Light and man.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

I'm done here and I'm sure you're done with me. I come to a forum of unbelief. Look at the topics

You look at the start of all these topics they are not false and they all came from the heart. From what I get from you guys is you don;t believe the word, you don't have faith in the word. Yes you throw them up on the screen and write all holy but my spirit say that it's not in you. You have people not doing God's commands (church for one). People that have no clue about spiritual realm, people who just like criticizing anything people write. Good signs bad signs, if you can't recognize it your spiritually dead any way. I hope the next time your at a store and you see someone that needs ministering to, that you (come down off your white throne) and pray for them. Faith without works is dead.

James 2:14-16 (New International Version)

Faith and Deeds

14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?