IGNORED

The great danger of being out of Church

bigape

So the context tells us, that tongues has to do, with communicating with people from other nations, who speak different languages.

So unless someone speaks and understands english, your church is of no use to them. You would restrict the truth from someone simply because they don't speak your language. You say there is great danger from not attending church and then you say don't come to mine unless you speak english.

Your message is flawed.

Tongues, is Biblical, but........what is practiced today, is not Biblical tongues.

How do you know that?

Speaking as a casual observer, man.....you have so totally misunderstood what he wrote that my mind is boggled. :blink:

Really?

One example of this, was a dear family that had come from a Pentecostal background, and although they loved the Lord and enjoyed the Biblical preaching here, they knew that we did not allow tongue speaking.

Now I never once, made an issue of it; yet they knew, that they would have to give up this(& some other doctrinal errors), before they could join.

I speak English only.....

So the context tells us, that tongues has to do, with communicating with people from other nations, who speak different languages.

His church doesn't allow the speaking of tongues. He refers to the speaking of tongues as a doctrinal error.

He says tongues has to do with comminicating with people from other countries and that he only speaks english.

How is it mind boggling to conclude that if you don't know english his church will do you no good? Tongues is one of the gifts of the Spirit and if one has this gift they can't be a member of his church.

What's mind boggling is that you aren't able to put all that together.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

For me, my church is my foundation, as are the home groups, prayer meetings, fellowship, missions, courses, outreaches, and church plants that flow from it.

I cannot do without it, but I guess that's just me.....

I actually need to spend more time at my church; with 2 jobs I feel I don't spend as much time or contribute as much as I'd like to.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hello again man

You asked........

You call the gift of speaking in tongues a "doctrinal error". Show me where the Word backs up your claim.

Even though I dont want to derail this thread, I will answer your question.

--------------------------------------------------

Tongues, is Biblical, but........what is practiced today, is not Biblical tongues.

The Biblical gift of tongues is the supernatural ability to speak in a language, that you have not been taught.

I speak English only, but if God chose to, He could give me the ability to speak Spanish, if some Spanish speaking people needed to hear the Gospel.

The Bible says.......

Acts 2:1-13

V.1 ¶ And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

V.2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

V.3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

V.4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

V.5 ¶ And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

V.6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

V.7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

V.8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

V.9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

V.10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

V.11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

V.12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

V.13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

V.4 ....and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And the next verse says.......

V.5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Then V.6 says.......

........that every man heard them speak in his own language.

--------------------------------------------------

Enough said.

sisenor dedaygo fotaylorezinaro demantlorez demartruxfula henzengeezenduks

Nuff said....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

So unless someone speaks and understands english, your church is of no use to them. You would restrict the truth from someone simply because they don't speak your language. You say there is great danger from not attending church and then you say don't come to mine unless you speak english.

Your message is flawed.

How do you know that?

Speaking as a casual observer, man.....you have so totally misunderstood what he wrote that my mind is boggled. :blink:

Really?

One example of this, was a dear family that had come from a Pentecostal background, and although they loved the Lord and enjoyed the Biblical preaching here, they knew that we did not allow tongue speaking.

Now I never once, made an issue of it; yet they knew, that they would have to give up this(& some other doctrinal errors), before they could join.

I speak English only.....

His church doesn't allow the speaking of tongues. He refers to the speaking of tongues as a doctrinal error.

He says tongues has to do with comminicating with people from other countries and that he only speaks english.

How is it mind boggling to conclude that if you don't know english his church will do you no good? Tongues is one of the gifts of the Spirit and if one has this gift they can't be a member of his church.

What's mind boggling is that you aren't able to put all that together.

Man....you simply march to a different drummer; forget the insults, I'm immune. :rolleyes: BigApe is saying they don't do the speaking in tongues at his church......not that if you don't speak English you shouldn't come there. Who is going to attend a church that doesn't speak your language anyway? Speaking in tongues is random; it might be Mandarin Chinese or Farsi, who can tell but God? No one is going to come in just in case someone starts speaking in their language, I'm sure. Anyway, most 'speaking in tongues' is fake. The real thing is very rare from what I've read.....but it does happen.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hello again man

You asked........

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. Mark 9:39

>>>>>()<<<<<

..... real thing.... does happen....

:thumbsup:

Sometimes

And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. Acts 19:6

You Are In The Age Of Power

John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: Luke 3:16

And Sometimes Not Even Within His Own House

But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching. Mark 6:4-6

And Even Within Home Fellowships, Sometimes It's A Yes

And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. Acts 6:8

Although Proud Men May Insist It's A No

Quench not the Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:19

And Cast Stones At The Saints

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

Knowing It Is The WORD That Teaches The Body

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4

And Though Some Will Eat With Joy

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:7-13

Others Will Beat

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

But All Trust

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Or No

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:8-12

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. Mark 9:39

>>>>>()<<<<<

..... real thing.... does happen....

Sometimes

And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. Acts 19:6

You Are In The Age Of Power

John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: Luke 3:16

And Sometimes Not Even Within His Own House

But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching. Mark 6:4-6

And Even Within Home Fellowships, Sometimes It's A Yes

And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. Acts 6:8

Although Proud Men May Insist It's A No

Quench not the Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:19

And Cast Stones At The Saints

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

Knowing It Is The WORD That Teaches The Body

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4

And Though Some Will Eat With Joy

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:7-13

Others Will Beat

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

But All Trust

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Or No

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:8-12

Love, Your Brother Joe

I am serious about it. I do not want to derail this thread.

Therefore all questions about tongues, go to this thread...........

Edited by bigape

• Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Today, more and more Christians are making the decision, that

.... although they loved the Lord and enjoyed the Biblical preaching here, they knew that we did not allow tongue speaking.... This is why Biblical Churches..., Biblical Doctrinal standards are so important....

....I am serious about it. I do not want to derail this thread.....

:)

>>>>>()<<<<<

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hello Axxman

You said.........