• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I know that there are some passages that say things like "everlasting torment" and such, but I think those are bad translations and more accurate translations dispel ideas of eternal torment.

Like the "New World Translation" perhaps? :whistling:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

You error in this fact that there are only two types of children! Those of God and those of satan

I don't recall ever talking about how many types of children there are. All I'm saying is that scripture doesn't support people being tortured forever in Hell/Lake of Fire. I know that there are some passages that say things like "everlasting torment" and such, but I think those are bad translations and more accurate translations dispel ideas of eternal torment.

So what Dave is saying to you is if the simple doctrines are causing you to stumble are you born of God! We have no doubt of the doctrine of eternal damnation nor after the sacrifice of Christ Jesus the fact of why it is eternal separation! You see the hope of all who have Christ living in them in the Person of The Holy Spirit is the eternal separation from sin and ungodliness (ALL THAT IS IN THEM AND ALL THAT IS IN THE WORLD).... we do not seek uniqueness in our doctrine but that of the ancient paths of the testaments (His Holy Word) for this is His Will for all who seek Him!

Jer 18:15

15 "Because My people have forgotten Me,

They have burned incense to worthless idols.

And they have caused themselves to stumble in their ways,

From the ancient paths,

To walk in pathways and not on a highway,

NKJV

Love Steven

I'm not sure how you are getting that I'm somehow stumbling because I don't accept your doctrine of Hell. :noidea:

I understand that you have no doubt that eternal torture is real, just as I have no doubt eternal torture is completely false.

If anyone has a different view of a doctrine than yours, are they "stumbling"?

Because God is God He rules over all else... what you see as torture (hell) is in fact the absence of His presence! It is what all who are there have asked for- when they do not wish to obey the Lord of all that is living the only choice remaining is death. They had a better way, thought, translation etc... They literally became their own authority however there is only ONE GOD for all eternity and all the children of God will say

Rev 4:9-11

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:

11 "You are worthy, O Lord,

To receive glory and honor and power;

For You created all things,

And by Your will they exist and were created."

NKJV

satan has wanted to overthrow God's authority and power since the beginning... My Father in Heaven will accomplish all He has said in the Person of His Son. It is He that witnesses that judgment in His Word with the angels!

Rev 14:10b-11

He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

NKJV

I know that there are some passages that say things like "everlasting torment" and such
yes that is God's doctrine!

but I think those are bad translations and more accurate translations dispel ideas of eternal torment.
The truth has already been set before us and is to be accepted (but) as you have stated your thinking and a new translation can fix that.... Love Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Grace to you,

Your misunderstanding is in your misunderstanding of what Christ has accomplished for the child of God.

His victory is complete. He's defeated hell, death, and the grave.:thumbsup:

It is appointed once for every man to die. Right?

Heb 9:27

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

But after this the Judgment.:thumbsup:

Re 20:15

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Every man will physically die. Every man will also be raised from that death. Some to everlasting shame, some to the Righteousness of Christ Jesus and life.:wub:

Because physical death is the consequence of sin, it is not inevitable to the redeemed.

1Co 15:51

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so I'm a christian but I do have my doubts sometimes and lately several questions have been plaguing my mind. Heres one:

Why does God send people to hell? I know that we're all sinners and we dont deserve heaven, but why hell? I also understand that God is a just God and he is eternal and can't stand sin, and that our souls are eternal too, but I don't understand how burning forever and ever and ever is a just punishment.

that's a good question. i ask myself the same thing sometimes and i think we will never get a satisfactory answer, we need to walk by faith and know that god is good and just.

i also think it a matter of perspective......kinda like people sending themselves to hell for rejecting jesus after they here the gospel.

God doesn't send anyone to hell, by not choosing Jesus Christ as their Savior, they eliminate themselves from heaven and there is only one other place to spend eternity........Hell

understand that you have no doubt that eternal torture is real, just as I have no doubt eternal torture is completely false.

You would be in error then.

When the Bible speaks of those in hell being "tormented day and night, forever and ever" as in Revelation 14:9-11 in regard to everyone who accepts the Mark of the Beast, and in Revelation 20:10 in regard to Satan, the Antichrist and the False Prophet,

the Greek words "aionas ton aionon" are used for "forever and ever" which means, "ages of the ages."

It's quite clear in whatever language, or translation you use (with the exception of the Jehovah's Witnesses' "New World Translation") that it means just what it says - that those in the Lake of Fire will be tormented eternally.

The reason God does not annihilate the wicked is because God refuses to snuff out a creature that was made in His image. Hell is actually the recognition that people have intrinsic value - even if they are evil.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Ok so I'm a christian but I do have my doubts sometimes and lately several questions have been plaguing my mind. Heres one:

Why does God send people to hell? I know that we're all sinners and we dont deserve heaven, but why hell? I also understand that God is a just God and he is eternal and can't stand sin, and that our souls are eternal too, but I don't understand how burning forever and ever and ever is a just punishment.

that's a good question. i ask myself the same thing sometimes and i think we will never get a satisfactory answer, we need to walk by faith and know that god is good and just.

i also think it a matter of perspective......kinda like people sending themselves to hell for rejecting jesus after they here the gospel.

God doesn't send anyone to hell, by not choosing Jesus Christ as their Savior, they eliminate themselves from heaven and there is only one other place to spend eternity........Hell

And if you've never heard of Jesus.

People don't go to hell because they've never heard of Jesus - they go to hell because they are liars, thieves, murderers, blasphemers, adulterers, etc.

People don't go to hell because they've never heard of Jesus - they go to hell because they are liars, thieves, murderers, blasphemers, adulterers, etc.

Wyguy, I know that, and you know that, but does K.R. know that. His/her post while on the surface sounds good, that question really turned some of my family away from God..... It's a real sore spot with me.

Wyguy, I know that, and you know that, but does K.R. know that. His/her post while on the surface sounds good, that question really turned some of my family away from God..... It's a real sore spot with me.

Sorry. I did not mean to offend.

Sorry. I did not mean to offend.

No offense taken Wyguy..... actually we don't even disagree.