• Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

A Holy Life - Can you do it?

If today is any indication - no.

Without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, no one can, but with the indwelling of the Spirit all you mare required to do is to submit and obey. Anyone, and I emphasize that anyone can do it.

Are you saying one can live a life without sinning?

I surely did not. First of all it is essential to understand that I have completely devoted my life to the service of God. That does not mean that I cannot ignore the prompting of the holy Spirit and sin. It does mean that I never plan to sin as I once did and that when I fall under conviction I immediately go into prayer, no matter where I am and repent.

I am not part of the Holiness Movement and I always witness to them with the truth of scripture, every time I encounter one of it's members. After twenty-plus years of continuous daily Bible study I have come to understand that God has more meaning for holiness than the world of English Speakers does. I do not speak nor do I read Hebrew, Aramaic nor Koine Greek but from the past twenty-plus years of study and Teachers that I have been seated under I believe that we have a situation much like the one we have with the English word "love." When Jesus asked Peter the first two times if he loved Him, He used the Greek word "agape." The last time He asked He used the Greek word "phileo." Agape (pronounced ah-gop-a) is the type of love the put Jesus on the cross. Phileo (pronounced fi-lay-oh) is to care for the well being of a person. I have also been instructed that there are other actions that in this revisionist time that are known as love that the Koine Greek used different terms for that do not merit description here.

I hope that helped and God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I surely did not. First of all it is essential to understand that I have completely devoted my life to the service of God. That does not mean that I cannot ignore the prompting of the holy Spirit and sin. It does mean that I never plan to sin as I once did and that when I fall under conviction I immediately go into prayer, no matter where I am and repent.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member

In Matthew 22 you'll find the Verbal Illustration used by Jesus to demonstrate what Heaven is like. Of course the Bride is the Christians that have actually believed and done their very best to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. The guests on the other hand, it would seem, have fallen short of the measure but will still be saved.

Can you quote the full scripture that talks about this in Matthew 22 so we can discuss?

Mat 22:1 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying,

Mat 22:2 "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son.

Mat 22:3 "And he sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come.

Mat 22:4 "Again he sent out other slaves saying, 'Tell those who have been invited, "Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and my fattened livestock are all butchered and everything is ready; come to the wedding feast."'

Mat 22:5 "But they paid no attention and went their way, one to his own farm, another to his business,

Mat 22:6 and the rest seized his slaves and mistreated them and killed them.

Mat 22:7 "But the king was enraged, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire.

Mat 22:8 "Then he *said to his slaves, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.

Mat 22:9 'Go therefore to the main highways, and as many as you find there, invite to the wedding feast.'

Mat 22:10 "Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered together all they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests.

Mat 22:11 "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes,

Mat 22:12 and he *said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless.

Mat 22:13 "Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Mat 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

In Matthew 22 you'll find the Verbal Illustration used by Jesus to demonstrate what Heaven is like. Of course the Bride is the Christians that have actually believed and done their very best to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. The guests on the other hand, it would seem, have fallen short of the measure but will still be saved.

Can you quote the full scripture that talks about this in Matthew 22 so we can discuss?

Mat 22:2 "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son.

Mat 22:3 "And he sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come.

Mat 22:4 "Again he sent out other slaves saying, 'Tell those who have been invited, "Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and my fattened livestock are all butchered and everything is ready; come to the wedding feast."'

Mat 22:5 "But they paid no attention and went their way, one to his own farm, another to his business,

Mat 22:7 "But the king was enraged, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire.

Mat 22:8 "Then he *said to his slaves, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.

Mat 22:9 'Go therefore to the main highways, and as many as you find there, invite to the wedding feast.'

Mat 22:10 "Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered together all they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests.

Mat 22:11 "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes,

Mat 22:12 and he *said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless.

Mat 22:13 "Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Thank you. Can you now point to which verse tells us that those who are not his bride are also saved? It looks like you are misunderstanding this parable.

Thank you. Can you now point to which verse tells us that those who are not his bride are also saved? It looks like you are misunderstanding this parable.

Then, please, explain it to me in the context of the rest of scripture. i have discussed this issue with pastors and missionaries for about five years now and all have agreed with what i have said.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

A Holy Life...

It seems for me to draw nearer to God is to give up my pursuits and take up the ones indicated in Scripture like being a benefit to others at my own self expense... realizing that the supply of needs to maintain life doesn't necessarily come in the conventional ways the world seems to demand. However in this life of self sacrifice one has the tendency to really start thinking highly of ones self- and that is the ugliest of sin! For all that we are is given us by God and self righteousness is the original sin in lucifer "I'm so good because I am good". So with a broken spirit and contrite heart I see the beauty of Christ alone who only did this walk [perfectly] and my stumbling efforts are encouraged by His mercy and grace and the steadfast hope of His making me perfect and bringing me into the oneness of Holy thought with The Father for all eternity... So when I take money or things and use them for the purpose of helping others or bringing attention to the Glory of Christ- He in affect changes that which He intends to burn completely up into something which He will keep with Him for all eternity and will glory in that; this is truly grace of God in goodness and mercy! Me being of sin in my beginnings can take that which is worthless and by belief in Who God is and obeying the teachings of His Son can now have the ability to give unto my Lord Glory that He will receive and keep forever.... It would seem the further I go into the understandings the greater my debt to The Lord Who has made me... Love Steven

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Then, please, explain it to me in the context of the rest of scripture. i have discussed this issue with pastors and missionaries for about five years now and all have agreed with what i have said.

I would be more then happy to. Please point to the scripture that tells us that those who are not his bride are also saved so we can begin.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

What verse in the Bible says there are different levels of punishment in Hell?

Some people believe this passage indicate the possibility....not that it is anything to rejoice about!

Matthew 10:15 Luke 12:47

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Thanks for your replies thus far.:thumbsup:

All I see in this passage is that there was an invitation sent out. Some ignored it and went about their Business. The Lord then turned to those others whom had not yet been invited. They received the invitation and came to the Wedding.

Te pre-requisite for the Wedding Feast is the Invitiation.

Maybe you could exound upon what you believe that invitation to be?

Peace,

Dave

What verse in the Bible says there are different levels of punishment in Hell?

Some people believe this passage indicate the possibility....not that it is anything to rejoice about!

Matthew 10:15 Luke 12:47

Amen. And if I need to lead him through the passage, verse by verse... why did he soeak up, I'm lost.