IGNORED

Input desired on idea to get Christians to move with me to Chile...

carlos123

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Hi everyone,

I would very much like to move to Chile. To retire there and get involved with other Christians there in a more intimate, daily fellowship of a kind seen in the New Testament but not readily found in Western culture.

Thing is that, assuming any Christians might be interested in moving there with me, it's not that easy to make a good living down there. So I personally am focused on making a living over the internet. I was thinking this morning that it would be a wonderful thing if I could use my internet marketing experience to train others with what I know such that perhaps a few others might like to go down there with me and would be enabled to do so by likewise starting to make a living over the Internet.

This is not about me making a profit from Christians that I would train. It is all about making it possible for some to make a living over the Internet with me and to join me in moving to Chile where we might be able to start a fellowship more in line with what is seen in the New Testament.

The training I would provide would cost nothing. But it would be behind a login and I would only provide it to committed Christians who would at least be open to the possibility of moving to Chile with me.

This would not just be for them but also for me in that we could encourage each other to succeed in a way that would be difficult for any one of us to succeed by ourselves.

Thoughts anyone?

Carlos

PS. I have no interest in getting into theological discussions about what I see in the New Testament regarding fellowship as it was meant to be, discussions as to why I don't and will not go to a Sunday building as Church, and so on. I am for sure interested in input regarding about whether my idea might be workable, problems wiht it, things to watch out for, that type of stuff. Mind you it's not that I am adverse to discussing these other things but it's been my experience that discussions of that type, when they occur on a Christian forum like this one, accomplish next to nothing and lead nowhere to where Christians just end up butting heads with each other and little more.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hi everyone,

I would very much like to move to Chile. To retire there and get involved with other Christians there in a more intimate, daily fellowship of a kind seen in the New Testament but not readily found in Western culture.

Thing is that, assuming any Christians might be interested in moving there with me, it's not that easy to make a good living down there. So I personally am focused on making a living over the internet. I was thinking this morning that it would be a wonderful thing if I could use my internet marketing experience to train others with what I know such that perhaps a few others might like to go down there with me and would be enabled to do so by likewise starting to make a living over the Internet.

This is not about me making a profit from Christians that I would train. It is all about making it possible for some to make a living over the Internet with me and to join me in moving to Chile where we might be able to start a fellowship more in line with what is seen in the New Testament.

The training I would provide would cost nothing. But it would be behind a login and I would only provide it to committed Christians who would at least be open to the possibility of moving to Chile with me.

This would not just be for them but also for me in that we could encourage each other to succeed in a way that would be difficult for any one of us to succeed by ourselves.

Thoughts anyone?

Carlos

PS. I have no interest in getting into theological discussions about what I see in the New Testament regarding fellowship as it was meant to be, discussions as to why I don't and will not go to a Sunday building as Church, and so on. I am for sure interested in input regarding about whether my idea might be workable, problems wiht it, things to watch out for, that type of stuff. Mind you it's not that I am adverse to discussing these other things but it's been my experience that discussions of that type, when they occur on a Christian forum like this one, accomplish next to nothing and lead nowhere to where Christians just end up butting heads with each other and little more.

One question, and it does not come through in your post.

Where is God in this?

Have you prayed, and have you heard the answer?

Because as one who has done major outreach in another country (and will continue to do so), we don't move without prayer and waiting. Sometimes the answer is long in coming. In one instance that is beginning to bear fruit, ten years now....

His power, and His timing, not ours.

Just some advice......

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Welcome back brother Carlos. :emot-handshake:

Brother, as long as I have known you you've been desiring something similar but have been unable to achieve it.

Can I ask some sincere questions?

What makes you think it's more probable in Chile considering human nature, sin, and all? Even within the Body?

Why aren't you joining God in the work He' s already doing in transforming the Body from within? Isn't that how God does it?

peace,

Dave

Are you profiting from your online enterprise or is it just something you're thinking about doing?

Hi man,

No...I am not profiting at all from this. It's just an idea. I want to help some other Chritians make money online so that hopefully, some would be in a better position to move with me to Chile and start something down there.

For now...it's just an idea I am toying with. I have done nothing as yet to flesh it out or do anything with it other than posting on a couple of forums for input.

Carlos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the welcome bro. Much appreciated.

Brother, as long as I have known you you've been desiring something similar but have been unable to achieve it.

Quite true. My essential desires haven't changed though I did move half way toward my goal of ending in Chile since I was last here. From Edmonton, Canada to San Diego, California so I am making progress I think LOL.

Can I ask some sincere questions?

Absolutely. When I said I didn't want to discuss certain things what I really meant to say is that I don't want to get into any theologically based arguments with Christians who don't take the Word at face value in the simplicity of what it says. But certainly...I am open to anything and everything what anyone wants to sincerely discuss without argument.

What makes you think it's more probable in Chile considering human nature, sin, and all? Even within the Body?

It isn't. There is something I left out of my original post. My mom is in a bad way down there and I have to get down there to help her out or at least feel a need to do that. So moving to Chile is a must for me as fast as I can reasonably do so. That is my main reason for wanting to go down sooner rather than later though of course I also want to be down there for other reasons that have nothing to do with my mom per se.

Added to that is the realization, after I was invited to a Sunday Church service for the umpteenth time, that I need to do something different than I have been doing fellowship wise...which is nothing (I mean what I have been doing). It's one thing to say that I do not wish to go to Sunday Church. That's all well and good in it's own way but I can't just leave that as a void. I have to fill it with something.

I just thought there might be some way to combine my internet marketing and web development skills with helping other Christians who might be interested in moving out of the U.S. to go live elsewhere and more specifically in Chile.

My interest is not in making money from them. My training would be free. It is in helping them be in a position to do something with me in Chile together. If I am going to move there anyway, God willing, I want to take others with me and do something there since...well...I won't be here anymore.

Why aren't you joining God in the work He' s already doing in transforming the Body from within? Isn't that how God does it?

I've tried that Dave. It doesn't work. Leaders are generally set in their ways and the form of Church as we find it in Western culture is way too embedded and set to change readily now (short of some massive change like persecution or otherwise breaking out I guess).

Incidentally look at Jesus. He came on the scene and introduced what were new ways of doing things in His time. He didn't work within existing structures. Rather He went outside them to do what He did with His disciples putting new wine into new wineskins. That is my aim. Put the new wine into new wineskins and stop trying to put new wine into the old way of doing things as they have always been done in our lifetimes. Trying to introduce new wine (new ways of doing things which are really not new but as old as the New Testament) into the existing structures of old wineskins that exist causes conflict big time and leads to the ruin of both the new wine and the old wineskins.

Carlos

One question, and it does not come through in your post.

Where is God in this?

Have you prayed, and have you heard the answer?

Thanks for the input Fez. God is behind the scenes in this. I realize that such may not come across in my original post. I did not describe everything in detail.

About a week ago the Lord opened my eyes to realize that in my own life I am not putting my mouth where my faith is in the sense that I am not doing much of anything for His Kingdom. Oh..I can talk up a storm about how we should be as Christians and right on too but in my own life...where is my faith shown by my works (as James talks of)?

Well...it isn't. That's the truth.

I don't read the Word much these days. I don't fellowship hardly at all since most so-called Christians I have met when push comes to shove are less interested in abiding by what the Word says than living for themselves their way. I am not giving to the poor hardly at all. In short can one see Christ through my life? I mean others say I am the straightest guy they know, others say all kinds of great things about me and my Christian witness to them...and in part they are right when compared to others. But when compared to Christ and the way I ought to be....I am nothing and doing nothing. I don't mean in the sense that we should all say such a thing in the way of...I am nothing apart from Christ, I am sinner without His blood, and so on. I mean really and truly I am nothing and am doing nothing though to unbelievers that I know...many of them think I am nearly a saint of sorts :). Goes to show how incredibly wicked our society is I guess not how godly I am.

Then this morning I got to thinking about what I am doing or not doing regarding fellowship.

I've got to do something different. What I have done is not working. It's going nowhere. I need help to succeed in the Christian life and I have certain gifts and talents that might be able to help others.

It dawned on me this morning as I prayed about things, that I might be able to combine both my internet skills and the desire to see a fellowship of the kind seen in the New Testament and rarely if ever these days into one and thus start doing something rather than my present nothing.

Hope that helps with your question.

Certainly we must wait on God at certain times but I don't think we are always to wait on God when a door opens and we can move. I think a lot has to do with desire. Desires that God births within us. These days I usually don't wait and just move where I can. Trusting God to block me or continue to open doors as I move forward.

We can pray and pray and never act. We can act and never pray or pray enough. Achieving a balance between praying and acting is a never ending struggle for me. I don't think I have arrived yet. I just know what God wants fellowship wise and I am endeavouring to do something about now that I have decided that I need to start putting more faith where my mouth is once again :).

Carlos

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

hi Carlos :emot-handshake: , just a thought but if nothings happening where you are, why not go be with your mum, that would be something. Have you heard of the saying "build the bridge and the people will come", something like that anyway.

If the Lord is prompting you, you might need to go in faith? and believe for doors to open. Its scary i know, but the two starving beggars who went out and found the spoils left by the army God slew, were scared too but reasoned "were going to die if we stay here, so theres nothing to lose".

One thing i will caution is that you will produce whats in your heart. Alot of disgruntled christians have tried the "start a church" or "home church" concept, only to find they dengerated into pettiness and division.

Im not saying thats you, but proverbs says "a man seperates himself off to go his own way" and many get just that.

You seem to have blanketed Sunday Churches as in error? A quick look at those who were used in mighty revivals and soul winning proves that the day of worship is not the issue.

Pm me if you wish.

God bless.

.... Certainly we must wait on God at certain times but I don't think we are always to wait on God when a door opens and we can move. I think a lot has to do with desire. Desires that God births within us. These days I usually don't wait and just move where I can. Trusting God to block me or continue to open doors as I move forward.

We can pray and pray and never act. We can act and never pray or pray enough. Achieving a balance between praying and acting is a never ending struggle for me. I don't think I have arrived yet. I just know what God wants fellowship wise and I am endeavouring to do something about now that I have decided that I need to start putting more faith where my mouth is once again :)....

Welcome Back Beloved

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

God Has Never Had Any Trouble Moving Me

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. Proverbs 21:1

Therefore I Pray He Will Move You As He Desires In His Perfect Timing

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Psalms 27:15

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

Praying!

PS: Dear Carlos, Please Let Us Know How The Move Went

And Send Pictures Of Your New Church Family :)

Howdy JCISGD (don't know what else to call you :)),

hi Carlos :emot-handshake: , just a thought but if nothings happening where you are, why not go be with your mum, that would be something. Have you heard of the saying "build the bridge and the people will come", something like that anyway.

I'd love to but unfortunately at this point in time I don't even have enough for the plane flight not to mention that I would not want to become a burden on my mom while down there if I was to not be able to become self supporting while there. So my goal is to make a minimum of $2000 a month from my internet ventures.

But until and if that point is reached I have to do something fellowship and otherwise in the Kingdom of God than sitting around bemoaning the state of the Church in North America or twiddling my thumbs. That's why I thought of doing something to help other Christians make a living over the Internet so that I could do something constructive while continuing to build my internet income stream not to mention that some might join me in moving to Chile maybe.

If the Lord is prompting you, you might need to go in faith?

I know what that is like. For sure. Coming to San Diego was in faith. Let me tell you. One day I was in front of my storage unit in Edmonton, Canada not having been able to secure housing down here and hadn't the foggiest of where I would go. I had about $1000 but was starting to go through that money quickly and needed to exit my storage unit (that was before I bought a plane ticket).

There I was. Nearly in despair. On the verge of tears. Wondering what in the world I was going to do. My truck had completely broken down and I had sold it to the insurance company of a man who had hit me (that's where I got my $1000 from). I had been living in my truck. Anyway I was down to two suitcases and nowhere to go other than at a friend's house (where I had been paying him half the rent).

God spoke to me. Not audibly but as audibly to my spirit as I have ever heard Him. In the middle of my despair He said "I want you to go to San Diego!". That was it. No explanation. No nothing. I started to cry as there was no way humanly speaking that I could realistically expect to come to San Diego without even confirmed housing, a job, or anything but a couple of suitcases or so I thought. I mean did the Lord really expect me to get on a plane and come down like that?

But His word to me prompted me to start looking again. Within a couple of days I had confirmed housing and a flight opened up for only $225. It was Christmas time and the flights were running around $500.

I came down. I was very nervous but trusted God and things worked out. The ways God provided for me were near miraculous as He has provided for me up to this very day. I could write a book on what all happened.

But...nothing like that for Chile...yet. Not that such is needed but I guess what I am saying is that the Lord is not prompting me to go per se. It is my desire. To go help my mom and to get to know my relatives for the first time in my life. Also to get out of the U.S. while the going is good. In my personal opinion the U.S. is doomed and is going downhill fast.

One thing i will caution is that you will produce whats in your heart. Alot of disgruntled christians have tried the "start a church" or "home church" concept, only to find they dengerated into pettiness and division.

Im not saying thats you, but proverbs says "a man seperates himself off to go his own way" and many get just that.

You seem to have blanketed Sunday Churches as in error? A quick look at those who were used in mighty revivals and soul winning proves that the day of worship is not the issue.

I understand what you are saying and agree with you. I am absolutely 100% fed up with Sunday going churches. I've tried to work within them and it's impossible at least in my experience. I like to think of myself as not being so much against what is as much as wanting to be for what should be. What is just happens to stand out so blatantly to me as being nonsense compared to what should be that I sometimes start veering off into too much negativity. I need to watch that.

Anyway regarding the idea I brought up here I think the best thing might be for me to simply start offering to train Christians somehow and see where that goes with respect to perhaps finding some that will join me in Chile. Perhaps I need to just do it and see what happens. I don't know. Will need to think this through some more and of course bring it before the Lord in prayer.

Thanks for the input you all. Much appreciated.

Carlos