wayne0214

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

How sure are you that your church is not a cult?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

My church is not cultic. Everything that is taught there is straight out of the Bible.

It really depends on who is calling who a cult. For example, to the Catholic church, all other faiths are cults but to many evangelical (and many people here) think the Catholic church is a cult. It's so stupid. A waste of time and energy.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't believe that any church can be considered a cult unless they do not teach the scriptures, and with some peculair interpretation of those scriptures,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

A cult generally puts importance on a mediator in front of God. Such as Mohammed, Priests, or Budda. Most churches now days fall under the heading of Apostate, or if you like luke warm. They are more concerned about the money in the basket or making their members feel good than about preaching the gospel. Jesus said in revelations he would spit them out of his mouth. The true church of Jesus Christ is the people who make up his body and are burning with love for him. The more we love Christ the bigger our hearts become and the more love we feel for our fellow man. This gives us the desire to bring others to Christ. Most of the world today is getting caught up in the tolerance movement, even sad to say christians. We cop out on spreading the word of the gospel by saying everyone has a right to believe what they want. This is not what God commanded but the world told us. The world we live in can be viewed as a cult of material Gods. We are slaves to a house payment, car payment, ever increasing insurance, cosmetics, clothing, and all the things we think we have to have. How many people can honestly say they would give it all up and follow Christ. How many people would honestly believe that God would take care of them if they didn't have treasures piled up on earth. We walk blindly through life follow stuff even without realizing it. All of this distracts us from the word of God. The sad thing is even churches do this by setting an example of materialism. Many people go to church on Sunday, put their money in the basket and figure they did their deed for God for the week. Church allows us to put God aside Monday through Saturday and pats us on the back for being a good christian.

The Catholic church by the way originated in Babylon, it had a papacy that was tranfered to Alexander the Great when he made it part of the Roman empire. Alexander, wanting some peace between the christians of his empire and the Babylonians merged the two.(or at least tried to). All of the rituals, like holy water, sprinkling of incense, praying to Mother Mary, purgatory, and setting up an idol. (which by the way is Christ on the cross) The cross is empty Christ is alive, he is not a dead guy on a cross. All of this was brought in from the pagans. When the true christians refused to worship in this manner the inquisitions began. Over 900,000 people were killed in the name of Christ. Even now the Catholic Church supports the death penalty, because they say they have had a long standing tradition of supporting it. They are asking any priests that do not agree with this to resign. This is happening right now. So I would say this is a cult. And yes we need to be aware of these things. For one to stay away from it and two to know who to tell the true Gospel to. If we hold on to this worlds tolerance how many people will miss hearing it.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I would hope that by lovingly telling someone the truth about the Gospel of Jesus Christ would affect their families in a positive way.(Salvation) People do have free will and a right to make their own choices. God is telling us to choose him, to put him first in our lives. And he gives pretty clear instruction on how to do that. Many things are in the way to distract a person from finding Christ. I wish with all my heart there were many paths to heaven. The problem is I don't get to run the show. I am only a participant, and the only way I can participate is by studying scripture, and help to point others in the right direction. I did not set up that direction. I do not call the shots. I work for a Muslim family that I love dearly and have lovingly and patiently told them about Christ over a two year period, they still reject Christ. And I grieve for them. I'm sorry if I offended you in some way.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Here is a test to see, if you serve the true Jesus,

The True Jesus

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

AMEN angels, very well put!!

RW

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Guess what I was told???????  Someone told me that the church that I go to is a cult BECAUSE: "A lot of people "flock" there.  The parking lot is always crammed."

Seriously, folks, this is what I was told!!  I couldn't believe it.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

That's sad, Gator, but I'm laughing.  What kind of church do you go to?  Not trying to see if you're church is a cult, just curious.  BTW, people in my congregation has said people they know have called us a cult.  I've never been told that, but I've been called other things.