• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I've never been on the site for more than just a few minutes filling out their long questionare. I have no idea what their price structure is, how long it takes to meet someone on there, how long you have to talk via their site before you can meet someone in person, etc. All I know is I keep seeing the commercials advertising how good it is but obviously I don't always trust commercials.

I'll be honest; I'm tired of being alone. I have single friends my age in this area, but they're not Christians so that knocks that in the head. I know friends who have dated/married non-Christians and while it might be okay for some, it's not what I truly want to do. I'm not in any type of financial shape to invest in a long distance relationship at the moment, so that knocks that in the head also.

I joined a Christian dating site called Christian Mingle a few years ago and loved it. I met a lot of wonderful people, some online and some in real life, but nothing lasting. I guess it boils down to the LDR thing again....just don't have the $$$ to invest in a long distance relationship.

I've thought about checking about E Harmony, but just not sure. Has anyone tried it or know someone who has? Is it hype or is it worth the price?

do they have a free trial or a money back thing if you don't meet someone in x amount of time?

one of our local radio stations has a 'dating service' type thing. i can't remember if it's a local christian station or just a local conservative talk station. i think it's the latter. it's not really a dating service as much as a club type thing with events for members to get together and meet and mingle. maybe one of your local stations has something like that?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I don't like online dating services---every guy I've seen on 'em (including Zoosk) looks like a sexual predator...I don't know what the answer is either, Ron...pray for God's leading, I guess....I don't think EHarmony is the answer....they don't really have a free trial period, and I think they are too expensive....

a.

I'll be honest; I'm tired of being alone. I have single friends my age in this area, but they're not Christians so that knocks that in the head. I know friends who have dated/married non-Christians and while it might be okay for some, it's not what I truly want to do. I'm not in any type of financial shape to invest in a long distance relationship at the moment, so that knocks that in the head also.

<snip>

I've thought about checking about E Harmony, but just not sure. Has anyone tried it or know someone who has? Is it hype or is it worth the price?

I feel about the same way, and my main jam ups are no money & no car. I won't waste my time on nonbelievers when it comes to dating type relationships. I've looked into some "dating" services and most in my area have income criteria that I don't meet. I don't like being alone either, but it seems the only option at this point. There's no time or money for anything else at the moment. That's not lack of faith, either. That's fact.

Some things I'm trying are getting around to some other christian type meetings near where I work because getting around is such a hassle for me. Church is in the opposite direction from work, so that's not an option. Neither is being late for work. I'm a druggie that Jesus cleaned up, so I've been trying to track down a Christ centered recovery group or something similar to get involved in.

Sorry I can't offer more . . .

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

Maybe you have to meet an nonbeliver to bring to Christ.

Blessings

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ron, I struggle with recognizing the Lord's direction myself, but even still your best course of action is to ask the Lord for direction and follow His direction. Sometimes silence means do nothing, even though you want to.

I know it's hard to be alone. Even harder when you have children to take care of.

But some of us have to wait on the Lord's timing.

I've heard a lot more scary and failure stories from the dating sites than success stories.

Maybe ask the Lord for a vision (vision can take on different meanings) for the future wife he has for you, and then begin praying the vision?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I had a friend who was part of E Harmony, her thoughts on it was as your first money...

And the people backing out just before the meeting date.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is such a difficult question to answer. Do you interact with people on a daily basis in a recreational, and church manner? Can you meet people that way as well? Sorry, but I have scant info on your situation so I am shooting in the dark here.

God works in amazing ways.

You may not know that South and I met in Worthy chat, and after a year or so, and some long range visits between Columbia and South Africa, we were married.

I was not looking for anyone at all. I was a self contained happy bachelor with a host of interests, and I vaguely thought that one day a woman may cross my path....

I knew she had to be a Christian woman and all the Christian women I knew, were happily married, or like me, happy to be single for the moment.

South on the other hand saw things differently, and as we got to know each other I could see God's hand in our relationship, as she had from the beginning.

She had prayed, I had not, and still God decided for us. Believe me I did a lot of praying when I eventually saw His hand in the situation :cool:

I will pray for you brother, and pray that God answers and places a godly, Christian woman into your life.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Ron, I struggle with recognizing the Lord's direction myself, but even still your best course of action is to ask the Lord for direction and follow His direction. Sometimes silence means do nothing, even though you want to.

I know it's hard to be alone. Even harder when you have children to take care of.

But some of us have to wait on the Lord's timing.

I've heard a lot more scary and failure stories from the dating sites than success stories.

Maybe ask the Lord for a vision (vision can take on different meanings) for the future wife he has for you, and then begin praying the vision?

I know, Neb, and I understand what you're saying. I was in a "thinking" mood and was giving some thought to at least checking it out but really wanted to see what others knew about it.

I fully intend to wait on His timing and I don't want it seem to seem otherwise. I also realize (and I don't think E Harmony is how) God can use various means to bring His will into our lives.

I did join a dating site, Christian Mingle, after I became single. Of course it was a snap decision and in all honesty, I was "determined" I was going to "find" someone. I realize now that was a mistake. Ya know, I've made a lot of great friends from Mingle even having met several people in person after getting to know them over the course of a couple of years. I'm still friends with most of them, but I also found we weren't the ones God intended for each other. One lady has become like a big sister to me; whenever something good (or bad) happens, I usually text her and let her know. Absolutely no interest in her at all; it's something we've tried to make happen and it winds up disastrous every time, so we've learned we are more of a sister/brother combo and when/if she finds someone, I will be the 2nd most happy person for her behind herself.

Would you care to expound on the vision thing? I'm not trying to be cute, I'm just trying to understand what you're meaning. God has given a vision before of something dealing with our church, something that I saw happen and something He used me in. This was a literal vision in which I was an active participant. I've also had just a "vision" of things God has in store for me, but it's not been a physical dream, but rather a "God's going to do this and I know it" type of thing. I'm just simply trying to understand what you're saying.

Thanks!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Would you care to expound on the vision thing? I'm not trying to be cute, I'm just trying to understand what you're meaning. God has given a vision before of something dealing with our church, something that I saw happen and something He used me in. This was a literal vision in which I was an active participant. I've also had just a "vision" of things God has in store for me, but it's not been a physical dream, but rather a "God's going to do this and I know it" type of thing. I'm just simply trying to understand what you're saying.

Basically that - it could be something you see - sleep dream, day dream - or a concept vision (inspiration, thought, etc.)