IGNORED

Florida shooting a sign of persecution to come for Christians?

Da Servant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

The indirect reference to Satan is dealing with the alligator-type material. The Bible identifies Satan as a dragon of Egypt and Leviathan in Job. Alligators are sometimes mistaken for crocodiles, a type of dragon. One must remember that at least most dragons do not fly nor breathe fire. I put that in there to help people out with studying the Bible.

where in the Bible does it identify satan as a dragon of egypt?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I mean no ill will to the OP - but this entire thread being posted in Prophecy is confusing, misleading and is not, imo, clearly supported by scripture. I think it either needs to be put in Conspiracy theories or simply closed.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The indirect reference to Satan is dealing with the alligator-type material. The Bible identifies Satan as a dragon of Egypt and Leviathan in Job. Alligators are sometimes mistaken for crocodiles, a type of dragon. One must remember that at least most dragons do not fly nor breathe fire. I put that in there to help people out with studying the Bible.

where in the Bible does it identify satan as a dragon of egypt?

Ezekiel 29:3-4, "Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself. But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales."

Even though it is says Pharaoh, you can see that it mentions a dragon. Also, though it says Pharaoh, it refers to Satan as a type of Pharaoh. This has been done before in Ezekiel 28 when speaking of the king of Tyrus. "12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire." Clearly, it is not talking about a mortal. No man is an "anointed cherub that covereth." This refers to Lucifer before his fall.

I mean no ill will to the OP - but this entire thread being posted in Prophecy is confusing, misleading and is not, imo, clearly supported by scripture. I think it either needs to be put in Conspiracy theories or simply closed.

Ask the LORD whether what I am saying is true. I admit that I was off on a couple of details, however, the conclusion that persecution coming to believers in America, is certain. When I made the comparison between the school board shooting and what happened to the KJV translators it was not to cause contention among the body of Christ, but to let us know that dark times are coming upon us, and what we can do about it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ask the LORD whether what I am saying is true. I admit that I was off on a couple of details, however, the conclusion that persecution coming to believers in America, is certain. When I made the comparison between the school board shooting and what happened to the KJV translators it was not to cause contention among the body of Christ, but to let us know that dark times are coming upon us, and what we can do about it.

You strike me as one who looks deep into things to discover .... what does this scripture mean to you?

Luke 22:52-53

52 Then Jesus said to the chief priests, captains of the temple, and the elders who had come to Him, "Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs? 53 When I was with you daily in the temple, you did not try to seize Me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness."

NKJV

Love Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

We are never instructed in the Bible to pray for a revelation of truth. Second, Christians have always been subjected to some form of persecution, right from the beginning of the church. Good times, dark times, happy times, sad times - bring it on, baby, God's in control and it's all going to be okay. We might be a little uncomfortable from time to time but it's all going to turn out alright.

you have GOT to be kidding me. we're not instructed to pray of a revelation of many things specifically, but i'm sure God won't mind. after all, He did say, "Ask Me anything in My Name, and it shall be given unto you."

Jesus' disciples were always asking Him for revelation of His parables, and He even gave them a very long an detailed answer about the end times - warning of a tribulation that was to come at the very end the likes of which has never been seen before it - not to mention:

Proverbs 29:18

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Jeremiah 33:3

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Go and read your Bible, Paul, you've got some brushing up to do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, I do believe persecution is coming. In fact, I believe it's already started in the form of it being PC to desecrate Christ and anything Christian while not OK to do so with other religions and religious figures, and in homosexuality being shoved down our throats (and it becoming illegal to disagree with it).

I'm just not seeing the connections with the school shooting, though.

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, still not seeing the connection with this event, although persecution is coming. That much we agree on. This man was on a personal vendetta, and was not in his right mind. This was not an act of persecution on his part, but an act of crazy revenge. It takes more than a man shooting up a school board meeting to claim that persecution is coming to the Church.

Where to start?This is wrong on so many levels:

Florida shooting a sign of persecution to come for Christians?

Marshall Ramsey II, Worthy News US Correspondent

Panama City, FL - On Tuesday, December 14, 2010, a man named Clay A. Duke opened fire in a school board meeting, not hitting anyone, and killing himself after being wounded by a security guard with whom he exchanged shots.

In a video of the incident, Mr. Duke walked to a podium, spray-painted a red 'V' on the wall surrounded by a red circle as in the movie "'V' for Vendetta," tells women board members to leave the room, leaving only the men in attendance, before opening fire.

While, thankfully, no one but Mr. Duke was killed or injured, it paints a dark picture of the future for Christians in America. The movie "'V' for Vendetta" is about a group of men in the early 17th century who try to blow up the English Parliament building, one of the men being named Guy Fawkes, the 'hero' in the movie.

The futuristic tale unfolds in a Great Britain that's a fascist state. A freedom fighter known as V uses terrorist tactics to fight the oppressive society. He rescues a young woman from the secret police, and she becomes his unlikely ally.(source IMDb)

What you may not know is that Mr. Fawkes, under authorization from the Roman Catholic Church, attempted, along with others, to kill approximately 38 Bible scholars who gathered together to put God's word into a language (English) that the common citizen could read and understand for himself/herself, instead of having it read and interpreted to them by members of the "Holy See."

What is the Bible translation they tried to stop from being? It is known as the King James Version Bible, 1611 edition. Of all the translations of the Bible in existence, it is the only one that fulfills Bible prophecy, specifically Psalms 12:6,7, "6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

Guy Fawkes was commissioned by Robert Catesby and Thomas Wintour to blow up the Parliment building on November 5, 1605 in an attempt to assasinate King James I, his son and the members of the House of Lords. The motive was political, not religious.The committee that produced the KJV had been convened at Hampton Court Palace in January,1604 and were not present for the opening of Parliment.

The misuse of Psalm 12:6,7 violates both context and Hebrew grammar. The passage, in context, refers to people, not words. "Preserve them" in verse 7 refers to the "poor" and "needy" of verse 5, not the "words" of verse 6.

The parallels between the Florida shooting by Mr. Duke and the attempted destruction of the Parliament building are these (there may be others): 1) No women were present in either event. One woman did turn to strike Mr. Duke in the arm with her purse (made from an alligator-type material, which is an indirect reference to Satan, a.k.a. Lucifer). 2) Only men were present. When Guy Fawkes and his co-conspirators attempted to blow up the English Parliament building, King James I and the translators were inside the building at the time. This is what is meant by only men being required to stay behind.

Rubbish. The Florida gunman told the women present to leave. If there were no women present, how could a woman turn and strike the gunman?

Anyone who believes that the Bible says we are nearing the end of this present world and studies persecution of Christians will be aware of an increase in hatred toward Christians, up to and including violence and death. While the Christian need not fear any of these things that come upon us, dark times are ahead. We should pray (1) that our faith fail not, (2) that we be granted the grace to speak the word of God and the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness, even in the face of adversity, and (3) that our enemies might hear our testimony and believe, that their souls might be saved.

www.huffingtonpost.com, www.wikipedia.org, and www.av1611.com contributed to this article.

This writer is dishonest and has no credibility.

(NOTE : THIS IS DA SERVANT'S WIFE COMMENTING HERE. I WOULD HAVE COMMENTED UNDER MY OWN SIGN-IN NAME, BUT I DO NOT HAVE ONE; THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HERE..) To the above person who referred to my husband as dishonest, I want to ask you to please be careful being so hasty to question my husband's( " da servant)'s integrity when there is no need to.. Now, if you want to disagree with "da servant" that is one thing. Shoot, I have been married to the man for 8 years, known him for 34 years, and I will tell you straight up my husband is wrong on quite a few things. HOWEVER, THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO GO AND CALL HIM DISHONEST. NOW, AT TIMES HE MAY OR MAY NOT BE MISGUIDED, MISUNDERSTOOD, MISINFORMED, PERHAPS...HOWEVER, HE IS ALSO A MAN WHO DEARLY LOVES HIS WIFE AND 3 YOUNG CHILDREN, AS WELL AS OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT, ...NOW, IS HE WRONG, ON SEVERAL ITEMS HERE ON " SO MANY LEVELS" YES!! I , EVEN AS HIS WIFE, AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT. BUT JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN HE IS DISHONEST..IT JUST MEANS HE IS WRONG. AND FOR YOU TO GO AND SO QUICKLY AND UNJUSTLY ACCUSE HIM OF BEING DISHONEST, WELL, QUITE FRANKLY MAKES ME QUESTION YOUR INTEGRITY AS WELL.

NOW, THERE WAS ANOTHER, MUCH KINDER READER HERE" BELIEVER 1997" WHOM I AGREE WITH. I DO NOT KNOW IF THERE IS ANY SCRIPTURAL BACKING EITHER FOR THIS, AND IT DOES SEEM LIKE THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE INTO A CONSPIRACY THEORY PIECE PERHAPS...ANYHOW, THANK YOU BELIEVER 1997 FOR AT LEAST YOU WERE RESPECTABLE ENOUGH TO STATE YOUR OPINION WITHOUT NAMECALLING...

You strike me as one who looks deep into things to discover .... what does this scripture mean to you?

Luke 22:52-53

52 Then Jesus said to the chief priests, captains of the temple, and the elders who had come to Him, "Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs? 53 When I was with you daily in the temple, you did not try to seize Me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness."

NKJV

Love Steven

Steven, could you please explain what you meant by using these verses? It would seem that you are saying that I am like the "chief priests, captains of the temple, and elders" who came to take my Lord into captivity. Please respond so that I would not accuse you falsely.