• Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

YOU HAVE TO
LOVE

THIS!!!

God Said NO!!

I hope that you can get the effects on your computers!

The words are great, but the movements of the faces add a lot....

I asked God to take away my habit...

God said, No.

It is not for me to take away,

but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.

God said, No.

His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;

it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness..

God said, No..

I give you blessings;

Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, No.

Suffering draws you apart from

worldly cares

and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow..

God said, No.

You must grow on your own,

but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things

that I might enjoy life.

God said, No.

I will give you life,

so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.

God said... Ahhhh,

finally you have the idea..

THIS DAY IS YOURS

DON'T THROW IT AWAY

May God Bless You,

'To the world you might be one person,

But to one person you just might be the world'

'May the Lord Bless you and keep you,

May the Lord Make his face shine upon you,

And give you Peace......Forever'

'Good friends are like stars...

You don't always see them, But you know they are always there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  545
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,421
  • Content Per Day:  5.10
  • Days Won:  248
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

AMEN

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,716
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

yes! :blink:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Loved it!!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

"I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, No.

worldly cares

and brings you closer to me."

Thanks for the post.

Been over five months in pain from an injury. New injury tonight is giving me neck/back/head pain.

I've drawn closest to God in times of worship, but also when in prayer alone, or in injury.

I don't want to be spared all pain, but it is OK to ask for healing. I want to serve God to my fullest. I ask for healing for others as well.

In Christ-

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,716
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God said, No.

worldly cares

Thanks for the post.

Been over five months in pain from an injury. New injury tonight is giving me neck/back/head pain.

I've drawn closest to God in times of worship, but also when in prayer alone, or in injury.

I don't want to be spared all pain, but it is OK to ask for healing. I want to serve God to my fullest. I ask for healing for others as well.

In Christ-

For the little while now... No... but for the eternities the freedom from all that would draw attention to ourselves.... that we may fully without reserve attend our Lord! Love Steven

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230

God said, No.

worldly cares

Thanks for the post.

In Christ-

I firmly believe in prayer and answered prayer as I have said in the past. I have seen too many miracle in my family to say otherwise. Why we are made to suffer is something that one day I will ask Jesus. To ask for healing is what God wants. He, just as a loving father does not want to see His children suffer, but it is as you have pointed out, in those times that we are drawn closer to Him. He said ye have not because ye ask not. Then we are told all we need is faith as big as a mustard seed. We put all that together and we wonder why we are not healed.Then we are to ask without ceasing and perhaps that is the key. We ask and when we are not answered we give up. Yet sometimes the pain that we suffer is of our own doing. It can be a puzzle but there is one other thing that we are to do and this we humans sometime find the hardest.

In all things give praise. Praise for the pain it is teaching something. Praise for the relief praise for EVERY LITTLE AND BIG THING that God PERMITS to come our way. I think that both praying withourt ceasing and every minute that we can to give thanks will bring the healing. He wants our love and attention. He just wants to be loved by us His children. So with every pain give thanks that you have the ablilty to walk or feel that pain so many do not. Thank Him for the pain because it draws you closer to Him - you are learning to love Him more each moment of the day. Read 'From prison to praise 'by Merlin Caruthers. I wish I could give each one of you who are in pain that book. It helped my sister, me and so many others to whom we have given the book. And yes one of my best friends who in her 50's has come down with Parkinson's said 'Praise Him for this!!??' After reading the book she said that she is learning to praise Him and it is helping.

God bless you is my prayer. May you learn to praise HIm in all things. Amen.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Yes, I praise Him in all things. Not sure when I'll read that book, but thanks for mentioning it. I will continue in my Bible reading in the meantime.

Even if I die, it's fine, because I will be with Him. Whatever pain/injury happens to me could be worse. I will pray w/o ceasing as much as possible, and love God and others. And labor and serve until I am unable or gone.

Sorry if my post wasn't as fun as the others. Thanks be to God for His Word.

Sorry if my post wasn't as fun as the others.

Don't be. We sometimes open windows and doors without knowing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone notice that Jesus isn't mentioned once in the OP? Why is that?

Phrases like, "Happiness is up to you" and "You must grow on your own" hint of something that is New Age. It leaves no room for the Holy Spirit. The Kingdom of God exists but in order to get there you must do it on your own.

That's not biblical.

"It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up" is another example of doing it on our own. While the words are pretty and there is a touch of wisdom there, that wisdom is not from God.

God would never abandon His children and the OP implies that He has. "Do it for yourself" is not something that can be found in the Word. The Holy Spirit is called a Helper for a reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get these emails all the time. I read'em and delete'em. I share nothing they put forth because most of it's a lie. They sound nice, but when you examine the content and place it next to the Word, you can see that they are in error.

Satan is able to transform himself into an angel of light. He is the father of lies and deception.

We need to remember that, keep our guard up and examine everything.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230

Yes, I praise Him in all things. Not sure when I'll read that book, but thanks for mentioning it. I will continue in my Bible reading in the meantime.

Even if I die, it's fine, because I will be with Him. Whatever pain/injury happens to me could be worse. I will pray w/o ceasing as much as possible, and love God and others. And labor and serve until I am unable or gone.

Sorry if my post wasn't as fun as the others. Thanks be to God for His Word.

I'm glad it was not as much fun as the others were - you spoke out of need and that is much more humbling to me than if you had made comments in jest. I pray that what ever your circumstance God will see a humble and yearning heart and will hear the praises that you lift up to Him and that He will reach out in love and grant you the relief and healing that you ask of Him as I also ask the Father to hear your cry and answer you. God bless you and never ever be afraid to speak what your heart feels even though the others may be speaking in jest.