MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I totally support this. One of the arguments against deporting a lot of the illegals is the fact that their children are citizens. Revoking the 14th amendment would close that hole in the Constitution. The amendment was passed to protect black Americans from racist elements who tried to deny them the rights of a citizen; even though they were born here. It was never intended to cradle the 'anchor babies' of illegals from other countries.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110103/us_yblog_thelookout/14-states-may-target-birthright-citizenship

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I support it, too. But it will probably never happen because the party that get's it passed and signed will lose the Hispanic vote for 50 years. Then it will all be forgotten, just as the Blacks have forgotten that it was the Democrats who resisted integration and equal rights for them. The Dems have been successful in deceiving the Blacks into thinking that they have always been their champion when it was really the GOP.

Guest shiloh357

I totally support this. One of the arguments against deporting a lot of the illegals is the fact that their children are citizens. Revoking the 14th amendment would close that hole in the Constitution. The amendment was passed to protect black Americans from racist elements who tried to deny them the rights of a citizen; even though they were born here. It was never intended to cradle the 'anchor babies' of illegals from other countries.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110103/us_yblog_thelookout/14-states-may-target-birthright-citizenship

I agree 100% The context for that ammendment was a very narrow one and has been exploited long enough.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It would take a consititutional ammendment to do this..... I don't think it would take long to get three fourths of the states to vote yes. I think it would be very difficult to get through the senate right now for us to vote on.

The only other way would be to hold a constitutional convention and that would be very dangerous these days.