IGNORED

questions

Guest SDGS

.... What can I say? My full sympathy.

I am also seeking and just started to read the Bible and I know exactly how you feel.

I am afraid we need to first make a leap of faith before we can make any sense of it. The problem I have is

that I do not know how to make this leap of faith if I do not see inspiration from the Bible.

A typical catch-22 I guess.

The problem is that the more I read (I started last week) the more difficult I find it to jump into believing....

Well Dear One The Light Will Shine Into Your Heart

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:9-12

When You Determine To Humble Yourself

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. James 4:10

And Ask God In The Name Of His Son

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:12-16

To Know Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hello SDGS.

It is often in times of affliction that G-d gets our attention... this also applies to Believers.

If you are feeling as if something has been lifted now...just you wait till you know your sins are forgiven and then know and understand you are loved by the Living G-d...there will be no containing you.

May the Holy Spirit direct your heart and guide you into His truth when you visit an assembly of Believers on Sunday.

Enjoy.....Botz :wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Hello SDGS.

It is often in times of affliction that G-d gets our attention... this also applies to Believers.

If you are feeling as if something has been lifted now...just you wait till you know your sins are forgiven and then know and understand you are loved by the Living G-d...there will be no containing you.

May the Holy Spirit direct your heart and guide you into His truth when you visit an assembly of Believers on Sunday.

Enjoy.....Botz :wub:

:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks to all who responded. It is late so I will read them in detail in the morning.

I am not a Christian, but have been searching for God for about a year. But I am not able to just toss out logic, science, anthropology, ect . The bible well, has some strange stuff. I can only say that I have felt I am being drawn, led, and want what I see in Christians. But I cannot make sense of the Bible, and have not been received well in asking, as if they feel I am out to try to say they are wrong. When what I want is to understand, have what they have.

I was asked who Jesus is to me. I cannot answer that question because I don't know. The Bible says He is God's son, but how can I know for sure?

I have been told have faith. But coming from a background of never having had anyone to trust, this does not come easily for me.

I feel like I am being pulled in half. Part of me wants to go forward at a church, accept Jesus, be baptized, while another part of me says no, they aren't real and will hurt you.

I love thinking that Jesus would love me, but as I said, trust is difficult for me, and to trust in what I cannot see or touch, is hard.

Then the churches I tried have all these demands. They have a class and you have to agree and sign a paper saying you will fulfill all these demands. I get overwhelmed, like, this is too new, please don't toss me into the deep end of the pool.

I cannot live up to their expectations. I listen to sermons on line, but it just isn't enough. I want to be there in person. But I cannot be perfect. They make demands, and it scares me because I will fail.

I will read the replies in detail tomorrow. thank you for answering.

eta - I think I read it in Hebrews, how if a person accepts Jesus, then fails, how much worse it will be for them. That scares me because I couldn't break a promise to God.

it looks like you have a very inquisitive mind and that's not a bad thing, and i believe that by prayer and study of the bible god will

answer those questions. but god is first more concerned about a persons spiritual condition that answering questions. i would suggest setting up a time when you can pray and ask god for wisdom and guidance, dont give up on god he will reveal himself to those who sincerely and patiently seek for him.

I apologize for bumping this.

I am not able to be saved. Maybe I listen to too many ministers, but they all cannot be wrong. But my search for God has cost me my only friend irl, it has cost me someone who was supposed to mentor me, it has cost me what little self respect I had, it has cost me too much to list. If that is God, then it is just wrong.

I am guessing that you think that I am young. I am turning 60 on jan. 24, look 80, and have breast cancer, brain cancer, both very slow moving, an untreated shattered ankle that healed wrong, I have had an eating disorder since I was 12, and as a result of many years of that, my metabolism is gone, my teeth as well, and I am disabled on SSI and cannot pay for care. Even if I had the money to pay, medicaid rules don't allow it. My cancer takes more of a toll every day, and my eating disorder, if an nurses/doctors are here, knows what that is about.

I was a runner for many years. Now, I have to use a cane. My memory is gone, I became dyslexic, have osteoporosis, the tumor in my right cerebellum caused a chiari malformation, which in turn is causing scoliosis, and the tumor has migrated ( can't think what the medical term is) to my left cerebellum and is moving forward. I now have simple partial seizure disorder due to the brain tumors. I have to avoid bright flashy lights and certain loud sounds. Churches now use electric guitars, and that forced me out.

But all that is not why I am writing this. I accepted that no care would be given two years ago and stopped all testing because it was just plain moot. I found peace with it and will never go inside a doctors office again.

I am writing this because my bigger issue is me. The eating disorder,,, all my life I was thin. I am 5 ft 1, so short. Because of so many years of the e.d, and my cancer, I was no longer able to be active, and have gained a lot of weight. I try really hard to accept myself at this weight. But it isn't easy when bombarded with this new "it is disgraceful to be overweight" thing happening in this country.

I have not aged well, combined with the weight, I am ashamed. I fear going into public because of my weight and my ugliness. This is not a hint for "oh no, you are not ugly". I am stating a fact. But I cannot deal with my medical, while being called "big fat lazy glutton" every time I step out my door.

It was made clear to me that, at my age, my life is over, and the ones saying it aren't aware of how right they are because they don't know my medical and say it because they mean I threw my life away for not being a christian and now, I have nothing to give God. It is too late.

I was told being overweight is a sin. My smoking, sin. My divorce, sin.

I tried hard to find God, to find meaning in it all, to die right with God. But no, not good enough, too late, too fat, too smelly from smoke, too divorced, too old.

I hate what I became. My only friend, now refuses to even acknowledge me, and I don't know why.

I am done. This has gone on for over a year, yet still no churches/ministers, church members, want me because I am old, fat, smelly, and divorced. But I cannot put it all on them. I cannot stand them to look at me because of how ugly i have become.

I am done.

So, this is the end of my search for God, my story, and I only want some peace now.

I suppose some will now label me troll. I came here in all sincerity, so call me what you wish. Ban me. I am logging out now and won't be back. God and Jesus belong to the good people, families, the wealthy, and the beautiful people.

Bye.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I apologize for bumping this.

I am not able to be saved. Maybe I listen to too many ministers, but they all cannot be wrong. But my search for God has cost me my only friend irl, it has cost me someone who was supposed to mentor me, it has cost me what little self respect I had, it has cost me too much to list. If that is God, then it is just wrong.

I am guessing that you think that I am young. I am turning 60 on jan. 24, look 80, and have breast cancer, brain cancer, both very slow moving, an untreated shattered ankle that healed wrong, I have had an eating disorder since I was 12, and as a result of many years of that, my metabolism is gone, my teeth as well, and I am disabled on SSI and cannot pay for care. Even if I had the money to pay, medicaid rules don't allow it. My cancer takes more of a toll every day, and my eating disorder, if an nurses/doctors are here, knows what that is about.

I was a runner for many years. Now, I have to use a cane. My memory is gone, I became dyslexic, have osteoporosis, the tumor in my right cerebellum caused a chiari malformation, which in turn is causing scoliosis, and the tumor has migrated ( can't think what the medical term is) to my left cerebellum and is moving forward. I now have simple partial seizure disorder due to the brain tumors. I have to avoid bright flashy lights and certain loud sounds. Churches now use electric guitars, and that forced me out.

But all that is not why I am writing this. I accepted that no care would be given two years ago and stopped all testing because it was just plain moot. I found peace with it and will never go inside a doctors office again.

I am writing this because my bigger issue is me. The eating disorder,,, all my life I was thin. I am 5 ft 1, so short. Because of so many years of the e.d, and my cancer, I was no longer able to be active, and have gained a lot of weight. I try really hard to accept myself at this weight. But it isn't easy when bombarded with this new "it is disgraceful to be overweight" thing happening in this country.

I have not aged well, combined with the weight, I am ashamed. I fear going into public because of my weight and my ugliness. This is not a hint for "oh no, you are not ugly". I am stating a fact. But I cannot deal with my medical, while being called "big fat lazy glutton" every time I step out my door.

It was made clear to me that, at my age, my life is over, and the ones saying it aren't aware of how right they are because they don't know my medical and say it because they mean I threw my life away for not being a christian and now, I have nothing to give God. It is too late.

I was told being overweight is a sin. My smoking, sin. My divorce, sin.

I tried hard to find God, to find meaning in it all, to die right with God. But no, not good enough, too late, too fat, too smelly from smoke, too divorced, too old.

I hate what I became. My only friend, now refuses to even acknowledge me, and I don't know why.

I am done. This has gone on for over a year, yet still no churches/ministers, church members, want me because I am old, fat, smelly, and divorced. But I cannot put it all on them. I cannot stand them to look at me because of how ugly i have become.

I am done.

So, this is the end of my search for God, my story, and I only want some peace now.

I suppose some will now label me troll. I came here in all sincerity, so call me what you wish. Ban me. I am logging out now and won't be back. God and Jesus belong to the good people, families, the wealthy, and the beautiful people.

Bye.

it's understandable why you feel they way you do. you have been let down by life in general it seems and let down by the church and even god himself.

I'm reminded in the bible when jesus got mad at the religious leaders for putting alot of rules and regulations for the people to follow. jesus rebuked them and called them sons of the devil because the leaders themselves didnt follow there own rules and they didnt do anything to help out the people who tried to follow their rules. also it was man made rules, not god given rules.

i would suggest to read the bible when you have time to and try to forget what religious and church people have told you is true. it is always good to read it for one's self so you will know if what someone else is preaching is true or not. and be encouraged, people are praying for you.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

mecry.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

I wish you would reconsider.

You have something to give to God. Your heart. He longs for you. Please choose Jesus and be saved. You need Him more than ever now.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

We've got ash trays at my church.

That made me laugh :)

I am so thankful to you all. It is like, there is this wall I could not see around, and you guys broke down the wall. Something certainly happened. I just up and stopped seeing the Bible as nonsense, and now see it as sacred, and how fortunate that I am to have one. I know now, it is true. Yes, many of the stories are, umm, strange,,, but I believe them to be what God wanted to be told.

I am baffled as to why God would just start to want me. Me? Why? Why now? But I have not been able to just let this go, and I tried really hard to make it stop. And failed. I feel like I made a break through somehow. Certainly God led me here. I want what you have. I want that!

God wanted you all along! You just started think about God

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Dear Lady,

You may not read this, but I was touched by your post.

What G-d considers really ugly is sin...it is abhorrent to Him.

What G-d finds smelly is the stench of sin in His nostrils.

All of us at some point have been in this state until......

Our sins have been washed away, we have been cleansed, and put on white garments.

Your life may seem one huge disappointment, full of deep regret and much suffering...but the Scriptures promise that if you will turn to Jesus, ask His forgiveness and believe His words, you will be embraced by G-d...and whereas your time left on this earth may continue to be painful and disappointing, you can have full assurance that one day you will have a new body, free of sickness and disease, and you will live forever in the presence of the King.

Get a glimpse of Heaven in your heart.......

11Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12saying with a loud voice,