Guest SDGS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

In Ezekiel, there is a story about this guy who sees this thing come down from the heavens, a wheel within a wheel, with a bunch of arms and heads and eyeballs. am I to actually believe that literally?

Yes, you can though it could mean more that just that. It provides necessary hints for later on people to reconcile what they see. For example, if Paul saw the same/ or similar creature with similar characteristics as Ezekiel described. Paul will know for sure that it is not his dream but he's called by our Lord. A form of prophetic encounter such that even Paul was born, say, 1000 years later than Ezekiel, he still benefits from Ezekiel's experience. :laugh:

They expect me to blindly accept that the planet is 6000 years old. That clearly isn't true. or that Adam and Eve were the first, only people. Yet they had two sons, God got mad and made one leave, and the son said "if I leave, others will kill me". what others. if they were the only people?

To comprehend that correctly is not a requirement to be a Christian. Humans have to admit that they don't (and don't need to) understand everything. It is possible that other species exists, such as the Neanderthals, what do you say. :laugh:

God said the Jews were his chosen people. Why didn't god like everybody else? Then even God got mad and tossed out the Jews and sent Jesus to save the others. That makes no sense to me.

Jews are God's chosen people as a message carrier to bring forward the message of His salvation. I am not surprised that they may have special rewards. And I am not surprised that when the rewards may not reach everyone of them. The bottomline is, the Jews carried forward the message of salvation such that modern people can read the Bible. Quite a success, right. :rolleyes:

God told Moses to ask pharaoh to let the Jews go.. Pharaoh said go, and God said "no, I am hardening his heart" and He did, and threw more bad stuff at them. why?

To harden one's heart simply means God knows everything before hand but decided not to wake up someone when he makes a bad decision.

That story, was it Abraham? where god said to sacrifice his son. where was the mother? because I would have said no to a thing like that.

During that part of history, all other religions (and people other than the Abraham branch) in middle east (surrounding Abraham) were practising the sacrifice of children. God thus tested Abraham's faith by telling him to do the same. He stopped him at last to show him that God actually doesn't like human sacrifice. At the same time, God hinted that His only Son Jesus Christ will be a human sacrifce to save the world.

Some rumors: the fallen angels heard the prophecy that a son will be sacrificed. Thus they spread the rumor all around that God likes children sacrifice till some religions asinfluenced by the evil spirits started to practise the children sacrifice. God simply told Abraham that this is not the case. He only mean that His own son Jesus Christ will be self-sacrificed for saving humans.

if I read it right, Satan tried to take over heaven, was thrown out, long before God created people. Why didn't god just lock Satan into hell before he made people? And then why make them and set them up to fail, with that forbidden tree, and letting Satan test them. I don't understand. If Jesus is coming back to get rid of Satan and the unsaved people and throw them into hell, why didn't God just do that in the first place before He made people?

It says that both angels and humans have the freewill to choose to be with God or not. So God just let it go such that who is who will be fully exposed then eradicated. What left will be those qualified to be with God in eternity.

And all that lambs and blood. God wanted to smell burning lambs and blood. That grosses me out. And communion, I can't do that.. I never have and never will. Drinking blood and body parts? to remember Him? I can't. But it seems to be a requirement.

Such that people later on will know Jesus was sacrificed like a clean lamb. All the Jews' ritual practices are actually acting as a witness for the coming of their Messiah Jesus Christ. The Jews' ritual practices are Christ centered, they failed to realized though.

Why was John the baptist out baptizing people, before Jesus came?

Jesus can thus preach Baptism by example. Nowaday, Christians practise water baptism and realised its importance not because John the baptist baptized anyone, but the fact that Jesus Himself was baptised. We are not greater than our master, Christians thus know that baptism must be something important or else Jesus Christ may not do that by Himself.

Why did Jesus save peter, who denied him, but not Judas?

Peter's case is not a willful betrayal. He denied Jesus because he's afraid. Judas is just for the money. That's the difference. Moreover, personal judgment should be left to our Lord.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have had two ministers quit on me, and I have been banned from two christian sites for asking questions. I am not able to just think "on, okay, they say so, it must be true". I need answers and people seem to always feel that I am playing games. I am going to try one more time. If you think I am playing games, delete it and ban me, but I am being sincere and want answers.

In Ezekiel, there is a story about this guy who sees this thing come down from the heavens, a wheel within a wheel, with a bunch of arms and heads and eyeballs. am I to actually believe that literally?

They expect me to blindly accept that the planet is 6000 years old. That clearly isn't true. or that Adam and Eve were the first, only people. Yet they had two sons, God got mad and made one leave, and the son said "if I leave, others will kill me". what others. if they were the only people?

God said the Jews were his chosen people. Why didn't god like everybody else? Then even God got mad and tossed out the Jews and sent Jesus to save the others. That makes no sense to me.

God told Moses to ask pharaoh to let the Jews go.. Pharaoh said go, and God said "no, I am hardening his heart" and He did, and threw more bad stuff at them. why?

That story, was it Abraham? where god said to sacrifice his son. where was the mother? because I would have said no to a thing like that.

if I read it right, Satan tried to take over heaven, was thrown out, long before God created people. Why didn't god just lock Satan into hell before he made people? And then why make them and set them up to fail, with that forbidden tree, and letting Satan test them. I don't understand. If Jesus is coming back to get rid of Satan and the unsaved people and throw them into hell, why didn't God just do that in the first place before He made people?

And all that lambs and blood. God wanted to smell burning lambs and blood. That grosses me out. And communion, I can't do that.. I never have and never will. Drinking blood and body parts? to remember Him? I can't. But it seems to be a requirement.

Why was John the baptist out baptizing people, before Jesus came?

Why did Jesus save peter, who denied him, but not Judas?

These are just a few of the questions I have.

They told me to read the bible. Now they are mad that I did. and nobody to answer them. left to my own, all I can do is see it as, well, nonsense.

OK. listen close to this answer. Where were you, with all of the knowledge you are using to judge God, when God needed help in Creating and bringing creation about?

The bible is literal. If you can not believe it, there is something wrong with the way you think.

The Word of God is the truth. Every thing else is a Lie.

For instance God created a mature heavens and earth with the light from the suns already lighting the heavens and the earth.

Ask God for His Spirit. When you receive His Spirit He will lead you into all truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Dear Lady,

You may not read this, but I was touched by your post.

What G-d considers really ugly is sin...it is abhorrent to Him.

What G-d finds smelly is the stench of sin in His nostrils.

All of us at some point have been in this state until......

Our sins have been washed away, we have been cleansed, and put on white garments.

Your life may seem one huge disappointment, full of deep regret and much suffering...but the Scriptures promise that if you will turn to Jesus, ask His forgiveness and believe His words, you will be embraced by G-d...and whereas your time left on this earth may continue to be painful and disappointing, you can have full assurance that one day you will have a new body, free of sickness and disease, and you will live forever in the presence of the King.

Get a glimpse of Heaven in your heart.......

11Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12saying with a loud voice,

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

FresnoJoe,

re: "The problem is that the more I read (I started last week) the more difficult I find it to jump into believing."

And since a person cannot consciously CHOOSE to believe things, I wonder what a person is supposed to do?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

... a person cannot consciously CHOOSE to believe things,...

Not 100% true.

I know because when faced with doubts of something I had been believing, I did make choices as to whether I would follow the doubts or stick to what I had been believing. Or I made the choice to adjust what I believe in a more slight measure.

We do have the power and ability to reject or accept.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

FresnoJoe,

re: "The problem is that the more I read (I started last week) the more difficult I find it to jump into believing."

And since a person cannot consciously CHOOSE to believe things, I wonder what a person is supposed to do?

a person can choose to believe if their parents love them or not....alot of teenagers choose to believe their parents dont love them even though that is not true. a person can choose to believe that they really deserved that promotion at work. so that line of thought really does not hold water.

FresnoJoe,

And since a person cannot consciously CHOOSE to believe things, I wonder what a person is supposed to do?....

Pray To See Jesus

The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. John 12:21

And Read It With Respect

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

For To Think Your Creator's Words A Lie

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Is A Rather Unwise Thought

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

You Think?

A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. Isaiah 43:3

Ask

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:13-14

Believe

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

And Be Blessed Beloved

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

Love, Joe

>>>>>>>>>>>>()<<<<<<<<<<<<

The BIBLE contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. It's doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is it's grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God it's end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgement, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From the front of my Gideon Bible

nebula,

I

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have never been able to consciously CHOOSE any of the beliefs that I have and I would like to be able to do that - for example to effect a belief that it is possible for me to become a more compassionate person. Since you say that you can consciously CHOOSE to believe things, I wonder if you might explain how you do it. What do you do at the last moment to instantly change your one state of belief to another? What is it that you do that would allow you to say,

nebula,

re: