• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

The old testament interface between God and Man was to fear him and simply obey. the new testament interface is to love God and want to be like him........ There is a huge difference in the approach God uses to interface with us today.

I have interacted with people, the Holy Spirit and I have set a good deal of hardware and software interfaces but I have never seen nor dealt with an interface for God. I do know that God is King and I am a member of the force that is involved with Kingdom building. And as mentioned, in Mal. 3:6 we are taught that God is never changing. I believe your misunderstanding comes about as most folks has, the lack of study for the entire scriptures.

The Holy Spirit is our interface with the Father....... I'm sorry you don't know that.

My co0mputer has a NIC installed that interfaces with my daughter's AT&T U-Verse, 2Wire Modem that interfaces with the AT&T ISP that interfaces with the net.

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Triune Godhead known as the One God, none of them have any electronic parts, no circuit boards, no wiring and no power applied to make them useful... God is the power that holds the Galaxies in place, quite different, so pull the nose out of the air and let's not rub one another raw and lets remember that we are speaking of the King of Kings. No0t some link to another circuit.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Butero

I always considered myself to be of reasonable intellligence but I haven't a clue what the post is really about.

I agree that one should always write God with an upper case G. That was the only bit I understood. Could anyone explain it in simple language ?

Well, I need to be as gracious as I can but the truth is often seen as rude. On a couple of other forums I have had several conversations with folks of English up-brining and, frankly, I'm not astonished at your inability to grasp the concept of the post. The reasons for this dismay are advanced and well ahead of the US but my people are rushing to fall to the level found in Great Briton.

Okay, for both sides of the pond! There is a great and general disregard for the things of God in all manor and area of life! The m8isspelling of God's name whether it be God, Jehovah, Yahweh or any of the other names for The Father is just a symptom of the cause, a.k.a. te problem. For instance, my reading and writing skill level is that of a fifth grade student o the sixties and today, it might as well be Koine Greek or Ancient Hebrew! We, all peoples, have dumbed ourselves to such a level that the average person has no idea what-so-ever the scriptures have to say about anything.

Today, this is a problem of such magnitude that those calling the name of Christ feel that He should appreciate the sacrifice they offer Him by getting out of bed on Sunday morning, He doesn't appreciate that attitude at all. When the world was ruled by Kings the world had a fair understanding of how to treat and show respect to royalty but that has been lost and now we treat God like our dispossessed, disrespected Royalty. God today, in the minds of men, is the granter of favors, just like the Candy-man in a child's dream.

I trust that you understand now? God bless and may He rant you a glorious tomorrow.

Good points, especially about people feeling like God should appreciate the sacrifice they offer him by getting out of the bed on Sunday morning. It reminded me of a passage in Luke 17:7-10

7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?

8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

"The reasons for this dismay are advanced and well ahead of the US but my people are rushing to fall to the level found in Great Briton"

I haven't a clue what that means apart from the obvious slight on Great BRITAIN.

You make sweeping statements about Christians.........................

"Today, this is a problem of such magnitude that those calling the name of Christ feel that He should appreciate the sacrifice they offer Him by getting out of bed on Sunday morning, He doesn't appreciate that attitude at all"

"God today, in the minds of men, is the granter of favors, just like the Candy-man in a child's dream"

The above certainly doesn't apply to me and it doesn't apply to a great many people who I know.

I would like to hope that God doesn't rant me; tomorrow or any other day.

Well! I see that you, like most better than thou persons are quick to jump to unwarranted and premature conclusions without inquiring first. Not that I have never done the same myself, you see! I did not take a swipe at the Brits, that's your indignant self jumping to unwarranted and nonconstructive ends that are only in your preconception and not fact. The assertions proclaimed in this string, by myself, stand the light of examination because these charges do not single you nor anyone out, they speak to the general condition that I witnessed in Europe, on the mainland and the isles, during my duty there in the early sixties. To clarify myself, what I saw in our society in the mid-nineties was the same depravity I witnessed in the early to mid-sixties, throughout Europe. Having daily communication with people from Germany, England and Ireland I am able to get a Christian European view of the situation there just as I have daily communication with English and American Missionaries in Central America and get an enlightened perspective on the condition of Christianity there. Now, add a couple of Brits that are, first, Calvinists, second Baptists and then College Profs and finally ?Christian? that attack me repeatedly for having the unmitigated and unrepentant gall to believe that God is a God strong and powerful enough to manage the cosmos, guide sinner and saved alike to work His glory and still be able to keep His revelation of Himself undefiled and you can begin to see that I try to keep my perspective Christian, but it's tough. There are folks like you all over the US, South America, Canada and Europe that do not think and ask before accusing.

Just asking and for my info purely, when did you last study the Old Testament and it's driving influence on the New? Between your passionate distaste for my point of view and my, apparent failure to adequately express myself, we seem to be off on a bad footing.

No it is not, please quote it.

When I wrong, I can be so wrong! I meant to include the First Kings passages of David's reign in the OP I was inspired to write last night at about 2:30 am and posted this morning. Now, as David illustrates God's blessed man, for following Him, you'll also need to remember or the reread Pharaoh's hardened heart against the things and the people of God. Between the two the principal is set.

I apologize for being in a hurry to go to lunch with one of my sons this morning but I praise you for your Berean attitude,

God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The old testament interface between God and Man was to fear him and simply obey. the new testament interface is to love God and want to be like him........ There is a huge difference in the approach God uses to interface with us today.

I have interacted with people, the Holy Spirit and I have set a good deal of hardware and software interfaces but I have never seen nor dealt with an interface for God. I do know that God is King and I am a member of the force that is involved with Kingdom building. And as mentioned, in Mal. 3:6 we are taught that God is never changing. I believe your misunderstanding comes about as most folks has, the lack of study for the entire scriptures.

The Holy Spirit is our interface with the Father....... I'm sorry you don't know that.

My co0mputer has a NIC installed that interfaces with my daughter's AT&T U-Verse, 2Wire Modem that interfaces with the AT&T ISP that interfaces with the net.

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Triune Godhead known as the One God, none of them have any electronic parts, no circuit boards, no wiring and no power applied to make them useful... God is the power that holds the Galaxies in place, quite different, so pull the nose out of the air and let's not rub one another raw and lets remember that we are speaking of the King of Kings. No0t some link to another circuit.

You're playing with words..... Jesus plainly told us that when the Holy Spirit comes He will teach us and tell us what is to come. It goes on to say that he will not speak on His own, but only what he hears. The Spirit is sent by the Father in the name of Jesus and will speak to us what he hears........ and that is an interface. The Holy Spirit is going to tell you what the Father tells him to say..... that qualifies as an interface in my vocabulary.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/10/1956

Hello again.

I'm sending this message just to try sort out a couple of things because I really do think that we are talking at cross-purposes.

My first comment re your post was that I couldn't understand it. You have a way of writing that just isn't plain english.

I am fairly intelligent and can understand most things but I hadn't a clue as to what you were actually saying in your post.

Are you simply saying that most Christians do not have the respect for God that they should have? With that I would agree and I would include myself.

You hardly know me so to refer to me as being a "Holier than thou" person was quite unfair. I am in fact quite the opposite. I often say that if Paul considers himself to the the chief of sinners, I come a close second! I am nowhere near to being where I should be with my walk with God. I am quite aware and very ashamed of that fact.

I have studied both the Old and the New Testement with an international study group called "Community Bible Study" which was in fact started in America. Their studies are in-depth. I am not just a person who has had a casual glance at their bible and thinks they know all there is to know.

I shall NEVER know all there is to know.

I don't want to be on a bad-footing with any one, I simply want to be able to express my honest views.

You're playing with words.....

Just the opposite is the truth! I have not taken to redefining terms or words, playing, that is what you are doing. From the Merriam Webster;

Definition of INTERFACE

: a surface forming a common boundary of two bodies, spaces, or phases <an oil-water interface>

a : the place at which independent and often unrelated systems meet and act on or communicate with each other <the man-machine interface> b : the means by which interaction or communication is achieved at an interface

Hello again.

I'm sending this message just to try sort out a couple of things because I really do think that we are talking at cross-purposes.

My first comment re your post was that I couldn't understand it. You have a way of writing that just isn't plain english.

I am fairly intelligent and can understand most things but I hadn't a clue as to what you were actually saying in your post.

Are you simply saying that most Christians do not have the respect for God that they should have? With that I would agree and I would include myself.

That is exactly my point, yes!

You hardly know me so to refer to me as being a "Holier than thou" person was quite unfair. I am in fact quite the opposite. I often say that if Paul considers himself to the the chief of sinners, I come a close second! I am nowhere near to being where I should be with my walk with God. I am quite aware and very ashamed of that fact.

I have studied both the Old and the New Testement with an international study group called "Community Bible Study" which was in fact started in America. Their studies are in-depth. I am not just a person who has had a casual glance at their bible and thinks they know all there is to know.

I shall NEVER know all there is to know.

I don't want to be on a bad-footing with any one, I simply want to be able to express my honest views.

Alright, it is good that you are in a structured study group but what I meant to ask was have you read the Bible, a.k.a. Old Testament as one reads a book?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You're playing with words.....

Just the opposite is the truth! I have not taken to redefining terms or words, playing, that is what you are doing. From the Merriam Webster;

Definition of INTERFACE

: a surface forming a common boundary of two bodies, spaces, or phases <an oil-water interface>

a : the place at which independent and often unrelated systems meet and act on or communicate with each other <the man-machine interface> b : the means by which interaction or communication is achieved at an interface

So you don't consider the Holy Spirit something that communicates the will of the Father to you?????

WOW!!!! Talk about intentional ignorance! Have you, honestly read any of this string? The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three persons of the God Head and they are One! Where did you miss that?

God, tells me His will and I verify that with the Revelation of Himself through the scriptures. I fail to believe that you are as ignorant as you are, imo, presenting yourself to be here!