• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Amen!!

I am saved by grace alone and not by anything I did.

In Christ saved by grace, Angels

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Don't misunderstand the scripture in James ch 2 talking about faith without works is dead.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Works are a result, not a requirement. for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Think on this verse:

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Can that possibly be? All things work together for good?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Works are a result, not a requirement. for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Think on this verse:

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Can that possibly be? All things work together for good?

I'm not sure I'm understandig your question.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

No, I believe it with all my heart. But all things would have to include failures, sins, etc. It is no more up to us to sanctify ourselves than it is to save ourselves. I know that's hard to swallow for many.

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We stutter and we stammer 'til You say us

A symphony of chaos 'til You play us

Phrases on the pages of unknown

'Til You read us into poetry and prose

We are kept and we are captive 'til You free us

Vaguely unimagined 'til You dream us

Aimlessly unguided 'til You lead us home

By Your voice we speak

By Your strength, no longer weak

By Your wounds we are healed

Passed over and passed by until You claim us

Orphaned and abandoned 'til you name us

Hidden and disclosed 'til You expose our hearts

By Your death we live

It is by Your gift that we might give

What kind of love would take your shame

And spill His blood for you

And save us by His wounds?                 N Nordeman

(Ephesians 5:18-19)

I listened to a sermon yesterday on the Reformation and Martin Luther. So many have risked their lives and so many have died to bring that message of grace without works. Satan would do anything in his power to stop that message. But when the Holy Spirit finally reveals it to you, then it is peace like a river and joy unspeakable. And then there are works, sure, but they are God's works. Sometimes He includes me in His works, unworthy as I am.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

AMEN BROTHER!

:inlove:  In His Love.

Peace Be With You! :thumb:

Great post JohnS.

Soon Jesus will come again for His Church and all of those faithful who have steadfastly believed on His Truth alone will be taken....Maranatha!

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

I know that I am coming in a little late on this subject and it has advanced through many rabbit trails, but I would like to address the issue of keeping the feasts, sabbaths and even circumcision. First let me say that I agree that we are "saved by grace alone", "through faith (trust in the finished work of Christ)" and "this not of ourselves, but it is a gift of God." We are then "created unto good works", meaning that our lives will reflect the "glory of God" in them on a daily basis.

These works are not only "the great commission", though that may be a big part of it, but it is the working out of our salvation to emulate Christ and God's grace toward us.

Our Jewish brothers in Christ have something that we as gentiles do not have. Their's is the "law and the prophets" and through whom Jesus came. They were the ones who for 2,000 years were the only ones on this earth through whom God manifested His Kingdom to. They have a very rich and colorful past and I am certainly not ashamed to call them my Brothers of those who also believe in Jesus Christ, who are of the "faith of Abraham". They have very rich traditions, feasts and celebrations upon which we as gentiles can only stand idly by and observe and be appreciative for as they reveal much about our own inheritance in Christ. The Messianic Jews observance of such "traditions" in celebrating "their Messiah" is NEVER condemned in the NT. Only when it impinges upon one simple event and that is "we are saved by grace alone." Traditions and customs are good if they bring into rememberance the heritage any of us have received and therefore the Jews are never condemned for their observations.

Where the BIG problem is, is when Judaizers, whether Jew or Gentile, attempt to push these "traditions" as though they are somehow required for salvation. There are MANY Messianic Gentile groups that do this very thing, even to the requirement of beards and wearing certain clothing. This is so very unfortunate because it gives the Messianic crowd a bad name for those innocent Messianics who have discovered that remembering the traditions of the Jewish "fathers" give us a rich understanding of our place in Christ.

So I do not condemn those, primarily Jews of the family of Jacob, who wish to participate in the cultural traditions of their heritage, and if those "gentiles" who wish to get to understand the Jews better wish to participate in THEIR cultural traditions, then all I can say is AMEN to them. BUT they will be hard pressed by me if they think they can shove their traditions down my throat as a "requirement of my salvation."

Blessings to all,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Ernie,

I hope we are not judging any of Gods people here on this board???

Exuse me here dear friend, I happen to love Gods people and respect very much what they believe, I have never ever heard anybody pushing their opinion on anybody, but do you have somethig against Messianc Jews???

You will have alot to answer for if that is what you are doing.

Judging Gods people who have learned about Salvation and who have accepted Jesus as their Savior???

Nobody here has ever (Messianic Jews) mentioned that Salvation is something we have to earn, all do say that we are saved by Grace!!

God Bless and I hope I understood what you were trying to explain wrong.

I haved never seen anybody as you suggested shoving tradition through somebody's throat as means of Salvation.

God Bless,Angels

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Angels4u,

Sorry if I confused you or anyone else for that matter. Earlier in this thread there seemed to be the idea that Jewish traditions were wrong to celebrate. That to live according to the law on one point means one must live by the law in all things. I was just pointing out that no, it was not wrong to celebrate traditions by Jews or anyone else for that matter. As gentiles we have our own "traditions" and these too certainly have no effect on one's salvation.

No one here has attempted to shove their traditions down my throat for which I am grateful. I have greatly appreciated the postings in this forum on the various traditions and holidays of our Jewish brothers.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie