IGNORED

temple of God

Guest heavenbound4u

Guest heavenbound4u

I have a question, if I have piercings does that mean that I am destroying or ruining the temple of God??

My mother always says to be careful what you so to your body because it is a temple of God. She does not aprove of my piercings which are an eyebrow ring and an industrial barbell through my ear and she says that God does not aprove of them either. But if I had normal piercings like my ear lobes it would be a different story, that would be acceptable. I so not see how that makes a difference at all a hole is a hole no matter where you put it. And is it wrong if it is a form of self expression? They are not for any bad purpose, I love them, I feel like they are a part of me and they glorify God. What about people in the tribes of Africa who stick spikes through their noses and stuff, for beauty, are they wrong?

If anyone can provide a little logical truthful insight it would be greatly appreciated.

God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Just my opinion............

The Old testament Law specifically said not to get tattoos and piercings. Usually this was associated with beliefs not of God. We are not under the Law anymore. However, in the New Testament, we are called to live a life pleasing to God. There is a passage that talks about women dressing simply, not wearing gold. The piercings would fall under that. Some of the piercings doesnt glorify God, nor does the way some dress. However, this is something between you and God. He will let you know if it is something He doesnt want from you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

I believe that the body is the temple of the soul, so I'm currently going to the gym every day trying to build the biggest temple possible. :t2:

I have tattoos and my ear is pierced. This is truly displeasing to God?

Guest shiloh357
I believe that the body is the temple of the soul, so I'm currently going to the gym every day trying to build the biggest temple possible. :t2:

I would not sweat it too much. It is your life and conduct that should be the focus. I would just wait and let the Holy Spirit speak to you about it.

The tattoos the Bible speaks against had to do with the worship of false gods. Ancient pagans used to tattoo their bodies with symbols of their gods, and thus getting such body art was actually an act of worship. God did not want the ancient Israelites to mimic the pagans.

If your tattoo promotes something unGodly, and you are convicted about it, go to the Lord about it, and see what He says, and how he leads you. I have known guys who were completely devoted to living Godly lives, and they had tattoos.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Big Steve, there are many who have them. I have pierced ears from before I was saved. Some still get tattoos today. The only thing I would question is the nature of the tattoo. A Christian probably ought to refrain from getting a tattoo with satanic symbols on it. A Christian who has a tattoo from pre-saved days with that kind of imagery maybe should consider fixing that somehow. That is between the Christian individual and God.

When I first saw your photo, I thought man, are you big Steve. Then I tried to figure out what function you were at. I saw the tattoos, but never once thought, sheesh, he shouldnt have those. Tattoos and piercings dont make you less of a Christian Steve. It isnt our works but our heart He looks at. The Lord loves us and wants us to live for Him. I dont look at a Christian and think poorly of them if they have tattoos or piercings. I would hope no one else does either.

As for whether or not it pleases God in your case? The Holy Spirit will let you know Steve. He has a way of letting us know what He wants us to deal with in our walk with Him.

I hope that clears things up..........or did I make it less clear. It is early morning and Im tired.

Guest heavenbound4u

See I do not think having piercings and tatoos is wrong and I feel no guilt or repremand from God for them. I think it is the context in which you do it, which could apply to any area in your life. If some one is to say that having piercings and tatoos are wrong because you are not supposed to defile the temple of God then you have to ask yourself is it a sin to die your hair, wear makeup, buy brand name clothes, get a wig, or any cosmetic surgury?? You are changing your God given image in each situation does that make it sinful?? I think that it is an expression of my God given creativity and intellect and it expresses me the best way I know how. Is that a sin??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I believe that the body is the temple of the soul, so I'm currently going to the gym every day trying to build the biggest temple possible. :laugh:

Nice. :laugh:

From what I hear, when Jesus returns He'll be sporting a "tattoo" of His own:

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice He judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on His head are many crowns. He has a name written on Him that no one knows but He Himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following Him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of His mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron sceptor" He treads the winepress of fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." Revelation 19:11-16

:laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I believe that the body is the temple of the soul, so I'm currently going to the gym every day trying to build the biggest temple possible. thumbsup.gif

good call bro'. under the mindset, that tattoos and piercings are sinful b/c they destroy the temple, then lifting weights is also sinful, b/c tearing muscle fibers is tearing down the body! also, a whole host of other situations also arise, surgery, (i've had three... ouch!), eating fatty foods, etc, etc. i think this scripture has been taken way out of context on a continual basis, the scripture has nothing to do w/ our physical bodies infact! i have eight tattoos and my ears pierced and i still want more tats, i like to get an idea and then wait about four or five months to see if its what i really want.

in Christ

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/28/1986

Pfft. Ive got piercings, I dont regret one.

There are many beautiful religious tattoos that ive seen on people. Many Christians have their ears pierced... I dont see how eyebrow, nose, lip etc. is much different. Its all according on how you personally feel about it.

Chazy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Right on Ayin. :blink:

Fashions change and so does our conscience...and what you thought was cool one year might get on your nerves the next year...therefore if you have tattoos and they are permanent fixtures you might make some choices now that you will later regret and find it impossible or painful to change. Who has the same dress sense now that they had 30 years ago. A possible solution is soluble tattoos that can be easily removed...but I guess that is a weaker statement than most people want to make.

Tess..

From what I hear, when Jesus returns He'll be sporting a "tattoo" of His own:....He treads the winepress of fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." Revelation 19:11-16

:t2: Also various commentators suggest that this may mean the hilt of His sword was exposed on His thigh and on it was the Name...others suggest that His name was on the robe...and even on the garment under the robe/military cloak that flows as He rides. This fits in with the customs of some warrior leaders who had various things written on their garments..and on their weapons as well...sometimes magical symbols used to draw spiritual power from their gods,and put fear into those that saw them.