• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/07/1986

if someone dies and then is brought back to life drunging their time of death should they of either been in Heaven of hell? or does the bible speak on this? i mean if they are not with their body they have to be somewhere right?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't remember scripture talking about that subject, but from several books I've read about people having near death experiences some think they were on their way to heaven and some to hell. It seems that they never really got to either.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

if someone dies and then is brought back to life drunging their time of death should they of either been in Heaven of hell? or does the bible speak on this? i mean if they are not with their body they have to be somewhere right?

Hello autumn8484:

You question reminds me of another question some ask, "did Adam have a navel?" LOL. It doesn't make any difference.

We are to teach/preach the gospel. This is where mankind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Hello autumn8484:

You question reminds me of another question some ask, "did Adam have a navel?" LOL. It doesn't make any difference.

We are to teach/preach the gospel. This is where mankind's hope is.

You can always read secular books on someone dying etc and coming back with all kinds of different testimonies. Stick to the Bible.

Years ago, I had a long talk with a medical doctor (heart surgeon) that had served in the Army for many years. He was very well known here in San Antonio by other doctors for his wisdom and skills. This doctor, Herman R. Levine, told me that over his career he had seen many die and some revived. (Especially during war time). He said "not one" could remember anything during this time of death.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

May He bless you,

Charles

Interesting. In my own limited experience, sometimes the magic works, sometime it doesn't -- to paraphrase from the movie "Little Big Man." I've known a number of people who have had after death experiences, and others who do not have them.

In regards to "[you] have to be somewhere," I don't separate one's sense of self from the body. In other words, no body - no self. To again paraphrase, a Zen master once banged his staff on a coffin and asked his students what happened to the dead person's karma.

So you do not believe you have a soul, Sam?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

There are studies on near death experience. I personally believe that this backs up what the God has said all a long.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1955636,00.html

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

2 Corinthians 12

Paul's Vision

1(A)Boasting is necessary, though it is not profitable; but I will go on to visions and (B)revelations of the Lord.

2I know a man (C)in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, (D)God knows--such a man was (E)caught up to the (F)third heaven.

3And I know how such a man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, (G)God knows--

4was (H)caught up into (I)Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.

5(J)On behalf of such a man I will boast; but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in regard to my (K)weaknesses. 6For if I do wish to boast I will not be (L)foolish, (M)for I will be speaking the truth; but I refrain from this, so that no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Good passage, Candice!

Other than that, I cannot think of anything Scripture says about this.

I have heard testimonies of people who went to Heaven, went to Hell, hadn't left the Earth, were on their way as one person put, and those with no recollection of what happened.

Why do you ask?

Guest -RadicalMan-

There is a difference in terminology...to be legally dead one must not have brain activity or body function....that being the case the scripture speaks for itself.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/07/1986

I JUST ALWAYS WONDER BC PPL CLAIM SO MANY DIFF THINGS.... AND I WONDER IF ANY OF IT IS TRUE? LIKE I THINK ONCE WE DIE IF WE MEET GOD MAYBE IF WE COME BACK HE WIPES OUR MINDS CLEAR OF THAT MEETING THAT WAY WE STILL HAVE TO HAVE FAITH?

WHAT GOT MY THINKING WAS A TV SHOW CALLED MERCY.

AND THEN THIS VERSE

Cor. 5:8