Botanist

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a Seventh Day Baptist. In case you didn't see the word it is BAPTIST! I joined this forum because I saw that some had asked about us. I was born to a SDB family but when I got older I did a lot of studying because I wanted to be sure that if I was going to be different from mainstream Christianity, I wanted to know why. We teach that grace through faith in Jesus is the only way to salvation. We observe Saturday as Sabbath because we see no authorization for a day change in the Bible. We believe that what God has made holy cannot be made unholy. We are christians 24-7, but we meet together for formal worship on Saturday.

How you answer these Scriptures?

Rom 14:5-8

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

NKJV

Gal 4:9-11

9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

NKJV

Col 2:16

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

NKJV

Love Steven

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but concerning the Romans passage, if you can ignore the Sabbath commandment without a guilty conscience, that's your decision. The Romans passage is really talking about is relying on works for salvation. The same with your Galations quote. If we are doing something to get or to keep our salvation, then we have forgotten grace.

As for the Colossians passage, I'm not judging you regarding these things. Are you judging me?

Not me. I agree with your grace example. I also believe that because of it, we no longer live under the law, and as you correctly state, if we are doing something to get or keep our salvation, we have forgotten Grace.

So my question to you would be (out of interest, nothing more), Why then observe the sabbath on a Saturday? To mearly assuage our conscience if it has nothing to do with our salvation?

Its really not a matter of my conscience so much as a matter of conviction. You might just as easily ask me why I don't worship idols or why I don't commit adultary.

It is also a matter of love. I choose to obey God, as much as I am humanly able, because I love Him. Realizing that I'm humanly unable to obey Him perfectly, I rely on His grace through the shed blood of His Son.

Its really not a matter of my conscience so much as a matter of conviction. You might just as easily ask me why I don't worship idols or why I don't commit adultary.

So not observing the sabbath on a Saturday is akin to committing the sins of idol worship or adultery?

If we have broken one commandment, we are guilty of breaking the whole law.

So I take it your answer is yes?

Disobedience is disobedience. Rebellion is rebellion. Yes is yes, and no is no.

I'm a Seventh Day Baptist. In case you didn't see the word it is BAPTIST! I joined this forum because I saw that some had asked about us. I was born to a SDB family but when I got older I did a lot of studying because I wanted to be sure that if I was going to be different from mainstream Christianity, I wanted to know why. We teach that grace through faith in Jesus is the only way to salvation. We observe Saturday as Sabbath because we see no authorization for a day change in the Bible. We believe that what God has made holy cannot be made unholy. We are christians 24-7, but we meet together for formal worship on Saturday.

How you answer these Scriptures?

Rom 14:5-8

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

NKJV

Gal 4:9-11

9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

NKJV

Col 2:16

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

NKJV

Love Steven

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but concerning the Romans passage, if you can ignore the Sabbath commandment without a guilty conscience, that's your decision. The Romans passage is really talking about is relying on works for salvation. The same with your Galations quote. If we are doing something to get or to keep our salvation, then we have forgotten grace.

As for the Colossians passage, I'm not judging you regarding these things. Are you judging me?

Not me. I agree with your grace example. I also believe that because of it, we no longer live under the law, and as you correctly state, if we are doing something to get or keep our salvation, we have forgotten Grace.

So my question to you would be (out of interest, nothing more), Why then observe the sabbath on a Saturday? To mearly assuage our conscience if it has nothing to do with our salvation?

It is also a matter of love. I choose to obey God, as much as I am humanly able, because I love Him. Realizing that I'm humanly unable to obey Him perfectly, I rely on His grace through the shed blood of His Son.

So not observing the sabbath on a Saturday is akin to committing the sins of idol worship or adultery?

If we have broken one commandment, we are guilty of breaking the whole law.

Oh my, I really didn't want to go here....

What part of the law promised salvation and eternal life???

:thumbsup: The very question I was leading up to, all be it by a more tortuous route....But SDB is new here and I wanted to get my head around his doctrine

As I said in my introduction, we teach salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Period. We observe Sabbath because we love God. Just as we keep sexually pure because we love Him. Just as we honor our parents because we love them as well as we love God. Just as we respect the property of others out of respect for them and love for God.

Jesus addressed all 10 of the 10 Commandments. He addressed 9 of them directly. He addressed the Sabbath in His life. His only problem with the Sabbath was the burdens that were placed on it by the religious leaders of the day.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

To SDB Deacon[/b]

You have displayed a passion for the Sabbath day on this thread. You have with loving intent called me selfish, for I am one who has abandoned not only the day of rest commanded by Moses, but also abandoned more often than not going to church. However I am one who loves correction and prays for mercy upon my ignorance with much regret. I believe the Sabbath pertains to a place of rest prepared for all who believe as Paul mentions when he quotes God saying "They shall not enter into my rest. I wish to enter into His rest, and if I am convinced it is done by going to church on Saturday I will go. I am not convinced however, because I believe it is a place where in one's consience, a man stops working to prove his self worthy of heaven but rests in the knowledge that trying to prove oneself is only empowering doubt. I believe the rest is where one through faith in Christ becomes pure of heart and above reproach.

While we always are saddened when someone we love leaves our fold, we still love them and wish them God's blessing.

So you would ask them to leave, even if they only came for the fellowship and not as for the Sabbath?

While we always are saddened when someone we love leaves our fold, we still love them and wish them God's blessing.

So you would ask them to leave, even if they only came for the fellowship and not as for the Sabbath?

We probably wouldn't ask them to leave. I was just assuming from your question that they would want to leave us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i have a question and just out of curiosity what would be the reaction of a SDB church if a member said they will practice the sabbath on another day?

what about the verses in the new testament that says not to judge another when it comes to things like people choosing to or not to observe certain days even sabbath? jesus himself said that the sabbath was made for man, not that man was made for the sabbath.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

name='nebula' timestamp='1296927483' post='1646588'

I attend one of those evangelical, interdenominational, charismaniac thingies.

I hear you Neb and understand. :thumbsup::21::21::th_wave:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

He- He!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,377
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

He- He!!

She- She!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

name='sdktlk' timestamp='1297180653' post='1647400'

Here is something that has to do with the myriad of NAMES that the body of Christ has as recorded in Revelation 16:13-14.

Verse 13 - And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet

Again: "...And I saw proceed out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet/religious imposter three foul spirits, like unto frogs..."

This is the literal way in which this verse is written in the Greek. It is important to put it in its proper order as the three foul spirits, like unto frogs are a direct tie-in to verse fourteen. Frogs point to unclean; were part of the judgment of God upon Egypt, and they came forth from waters turned to blood. (Ref: Exo 7:15-25; 8:1-6) We have seen the Dragon go after the beautiful woman (Rev 12:15, 16) and cast out of his mouth water as a flood. That water was, of course, bloody water.

Because of the historical time frame covered in Revelation chapter twelve there did not, at that time, exist a resurrected head beast, that is the fourth manifestation of the Church, the Church in Thyatira, or an image to that beast. Note: the image of the beast is the false prophet, a religious imposter. So, that being the case, there was only the Dragon, and those individuals whom he could entice, to cast out the foul water. Here we see, in this historical time frame, that the Dragon has brought into existence both the beast and the image of the beast. Therefore, these frogs, these unclean spirits, proceed out of the mouth of all three. And, "...The great dragon, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan..." (Rev 12:9) is the originator of this event.

Verse 14 - For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty

Again: "...As they are spirits of demons, making signs, which project over the kings/kingdoms of the earth/earthy, even the entire habitable globe, to assemble them, until that great warfare period of God Almighty..."

"...As they are spirits of demons, making signs, which project over the kings/kingdoms of the earth/earthy, even the entire habitable globe, to assemble them..." These foul spirits have a to the point assignment. They are to cause signs to be made which project over, or above, the kings, the kingdoms, of the three, of the earth/earthy, manifestations of the Church for a very specific purpose. These signs, by instigation of these unclean spirits, are every where upon the habitable globe, and they accomplish exactly what the unclean spirits desire them to do. And, that is to cause the three, of the earth/earthy, to assemble under them. This assembly is not in one specific place on the globe, it is all over the globe.

"...until that great warfare period of God Almighty..." These signs will remain and these assemblies will continue, UNTIL the time when The Lord God Almighty brings them to naught. These signs are everywhere, they are all over the planet, and they are not hidden, if we have eyes to see they are easily recognizable. These signs were caused to come into existence by these foul sign making demons, as they inspired the carnal minds of men in this Harlot, this man of sin system to come up with them. And, we say, "what are these signs?"

Let us remember that a sign is, that which distinguishes a person or thing from others. It is, very simply, the NAME which projects over every Christian assembly and organization that exists on the entire planet. That name, which is over every entity that has been brought forth by this three, of the earth/earthy system, has proceeded forth and came out of the mouth of the Dragon, and the mouth of the beast, and the mouth of the false prophet. The assignment of these three foul spirits has manifest itself through the carnal minds of MAN. And it is under these names of man where the three, of the earth/earthy, assemble. These signs are all registered with secular government and give these three, of the earthy, the authority to ply their trade. And so it will be, until the time of that great warfare period of God Almighty.

Of course in order to see these things clearly one has to understand everything that has been revealed by the Spirit up to this point in the Unveiling. These things are what the Lord has shown me with respect to NAMES. And much more besides.

I believe that your study of names is "far" fechted and has nothing to do with denominationalism in reference to individuals choices in where they go to church at.

There is nothing wrong with calling a church by a name. The temple is suppose to be a place of worship, a sacred or a holy space that's built first or primarily for the national worship of God.

The temples mentioned in the Bible had a name attached to them.

1)The Temple or Tabernacle of Moses although this temple was mobile as God gave Moses specific instructions on the contruction and putting up the temple and taking it down again.--Moses tabernacle or temple was desecrated by Nadab and Abihu. (ex. cpt. 25--30; 35:30--40:38; lev. 10:1-7)

2) Solomon's Temple was planned by David (sam.7:1-29;} Solomon's Temple was constructed by him as David had set back materials so Solomon could use them in building the temple (1 King 8:1-66;) Solomon's temple was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar. (jer. 32:28-44)

3) Zerubbabel's Temple Zerubbabel had envisioned the rebuilding of the temple when Haggai, Zechariah and Zurubbabel himself all prophesied to the Jews at Judah and to the Jews in Jerusalem. After this Zerrubbabel rose up to rebuild the temple along with the sons of Shealtiel, Jeshua, Jozadak, the prophets also pitched in and helped Zerrubbabel rebuild the temple. (Ezra 5; 6-22;) This temple according to the Word had been constructed by Zerubbabel along with the elders of the Jews as the positions of the elders were restored. (Ezra :1-8; 4:1-14;) Zerubbabel's temple had been desecrated by Antiochus Epiphanes.

(matt. 24:15)

4) Herod's Temple Zerubbabel's temple was rebuilt restored by Herod the Great and the Romans destroyed Herod's Temple. (mark 13:2, 14-23; Luke 1:11-20; 2:22-38; 2:42-51; 4:21-24; Acts 21:27-33)

5) The Present Temple which is our earthly vessels of clay. The presence of God is found in the hearts of the believers. The body of the believers is the only "Temple" until the Messiah returns. "You Are The Temple of God" (1 Cor. 6:19, 20; 2 Cor. 6:16-18)

6) The Temple foretold in Revelation 11 This is to be built during the Tribulation period. The Anti-Christ will begin construction on the temple during the tribulation period. This temple also will be desecrated and destoyed. (Dan.9:2; Matt. 24:15; 2 Thess. 2:4; Rev. 17:18)

7) Ezekiel's Temple The prophet Ezekiel had envisioned that the Millennial temple would be built by the Messiah during His millennial reign.

(Ezekiel 40:1-42:20; Zech. 6:12, 13)

8) The Temple of His Eternal Presence This will be the greatest temple of all "The Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are it's temple" It's a Spiritual temple The "Eternal" Kingdom of God where we will last forever in the eternal temple of His presence. (Rev. 21:22; 22:1-21)

IMO there is nothing wrong with having names put on church signs and there is nothing wrong with putting ones name on the roll book, if the Lord in heaven keeps a record of our lives then it cannot be wrong for churches to keep a roll book. I understand that having your name put on a roll book does not in any way save your soul for being saved is only by the shed blood of Christ Jesus. But everyone has a right to their own ideaology on these issues. The temple of God or the Church of God are all the Body of Christ where Jesus is the head. To my knowledge there is no place in the Word where it warns us not to put signs up for our churches nor does it teach putting your name on a roll book is a sinful practice. Instead I see in the Word of God many times over names given to churches at the place where they were located at.