• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

y

Ephesians 4:3-7; 13-15 Endeavouring to keep the unity of Spirit in the "bond" of peace. vs.4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in the one hope of your calling; vs. 5) One Lord, one Faith, one baptism, vs.6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. vs. 7) But unto everyone of us is given "GRACE" according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

We all are "ONE" no matter where we are in this world coming together to worship at a designated place. I've always have appreciated signs with names on them because you can find places easier that way. No matter where a church is birthed at it can grow to the capacity as the Lord adds to the church. There are ligitimate churches established within the houses of people this pattern can be seen in the bible. Every one of us believers have been given grace and given gifts from God to minister to the body of Christ. The above scriptue is talking to all who have been born again through faith by grace and not to those who have no fellowship with our Lord Jesus Christ. The people of God have these things to share and fellowship with one body, one Spirit, one hope, one LORD, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. God is everywhere.

From these truths have all the people God as they serve the one and true living God whom we have our one faith in, he has become our one hope teaching us to live for the Spirit of God is but one spirit that leads and guides us into all truths we have one God and one Father who is the Heavenly Father who is above all through all and in you all he is every where. These things we have to endeavor or put up resistance in order to keep these truths alive. For it is these that must to taught to the body, new believers there is so much truth and even doctrines that can come from these shared believes for it is Jesus Christ who made this all possible for his one church in which we all have in common and are a part of...............................TILL........

vs. 13) Till we all come in the unity of the Faith,and of the knowledge of the Son of God. unto a perfect man. (those in whom have grown up in the Lord being mature enough to take on the work of the ministry see vs. 15) unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: vs. 14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive: vs. 15) But speaketh the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

As the fellowship of Christ is shared within the church it is these teachings that will cause all to come into the unity of the "faith" and of the knowledge of the Son of God unto a perfect man {grown from a child into a mature adulthood in the Lord able to take on the responsibility of the ministry}

The scripture did not say we are to come into the unity of doctrines but instead we should come in the unity of the faith, and the "knowledge of the Son of God. We should seek to grow up in the Lord according to what measure of grace given to the stature in the fullness of Christ. This is the unity we are to have and keep. The scripture says, that we henceforth

be "NO MORE" children, tossed to and fro and carried away with every wind of doctrine.

There will always be false doctrines and teachings and christians get caught up in all kinds of doctrines for example, for awhile they will believe in the trinity and the next little bit they get mixed up and start to believe Jesus Only doctrine some believe in charasmatic services and others will hear doctrine against and they decide to wipe the dust off their feet. Any christian going through the wind storms of various doctrines will more than likely drive themselves into a state of confusion because their will never be unity in "doctrines" but only in the unity of the faith we can and the knowledge of the Son of God. I hope that that wind of doctrine come to a calm.

Also I want to add that their are churches out there that have started out good and have had church growth but then they start to go down hill and what I mean by that is they didn't endeavour to keep the unity of faith but the false teachers etc, they crept in among them, teachers who wanted to be a teacher but didn't study and taught about thing they even didn't know about and false brethren was there a lot of things began to take over the church and as a result the believers were taken over and things began to be sown among thorns as they allowed themselves to be taken over with other things entering in the cares of this life chock the word where those type of churches becomes unfruitful they have no value or any of the life of God being that the word that was there was choked. There will always be bad among the good light, and darkness but God told us to "Beware" because they would come.

I believe and take much comfort in the words of Jesus, Where two or more are gathered, together in my name there I will be in the midst.

Hebrews 12:18-29 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and burnrd with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, vs. 19) And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; they that heard entreated that the word should not be spoken to them anymore: vs. 20) (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: vs. 21) And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:) vs. 22) But ye are come unto Mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumberable company of angels, vs. 23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, vs. 24) And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better of things than that of Abel. vs. 25) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spoke on earth, much more shall escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: vs. 26) Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. vs. 27) And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that, are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

vs. 28) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: vs. 29) For our God is a consuming fire.

{Deut. 4:11; Ex. 20:19; Deut. 5:5; Ex. 19:13,16; Gal. 4:26: Revelation 3:12; Phil 3:20; Deut. 33:2; Ps. 68:17; and these are only a few scripture regarding this}

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

well said Openly Curious

:emot-highfive:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

y

Ephesians 4:3-7; 13-15 Endeavouring to keep the unity of Spirit in the "bond" of peace. vs.4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in the one hope of your calling; vs. 5) One Lord, one Faith, one baptism, vs.6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. vs. 7) But unto everyone of us is given "GRACE" according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

We all are "ONE" no matter where we are in this world coming together to worship at a designated place. I've always have appreciated signs with names on them because you can find places easier that way. No matter where a church is birthed at it can grow to the capacity as the Lord adds to the church. There are ligitimate churches established within the houses of people this pattern can be seen in the bible. Every one of us believers have been given grace and given gifts from God to minister to the body of Christ. The above scriptue is talking to all who have been born again through faith by grace and not to those who have no fellowship with our Lord Jesus Christ. The people of God have these things to share and fellowship with one body, one Spirit, one hope, one LORD, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. God is everywhere.

From these truths have all the people God as they serve the one and true living God whom we have our one faith in, he has become our one hope teaching us to live for the Spirit of God is but one spirit that leads and guides us into all truths we have one God and one Father who is the Heavenly Father who is above all through all and in you all he is every where. These things we have to endeavor or put up resistance in order to keep these truths alive. For it is these that must to taught to the body, new believers there is so much truth and even doctrines that can come from these shared believes for it is Jesus Christ who made this all possible for his one church in which we all have in common and are a part of...............................TILL........

vs. 13) Till we all come in the unity of the Faith,and of the knowledge of the Son of God. unto a perfect man. (those in whom have grown up in the Lord being mature enough to take on the work of the ministry see vs. 15) unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: vs. 14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive: vs. 15) But speaketh the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

As the fellowship of Christ is shared within the church it is these teachings that will cause all to come into the unity of the "faith" and of the knowledge of the Son of God unto a perfect man {grown from a child into a mature adulthood in the Lord able to take on the responsibility of the ministry}

The scripture did not say we are to come into the unity of doctrines but instead we should come in the unity of the faith, and the "knowledge of the Son of God. We should seek to grow up in the Lord according to what measure of grace given to the stature in the fullness of Christ. This is the unity we are to have and keep. The scripture says, that we henceforth

be "NO MORE" children, tossed to and fro and carried away with every wind of doctrine.

There will always be false doctrines and teachings and christians get caught up in all kinds of doctrines for example, for awhile they will believe in the trinity and the next little bit they get mixed up and start to believe Jesus Only doctrine some believe in charasmatic services and others will hear doctrine against and they decide to wipe the dust off their feet. Any christian going through the wind storms of various doctrines will more than likely drive themselves into a state of confusion because their will never be unity in "doctrines" but only in the unity of the faith we can and the knowledge of the Son of God. I hope that that wind of doctrine come to a calm.

Also I want to add that their are churches out there that have started out good and have had church growth but then they start to go down hill and what I mean by that is they didn't endeavour to keep the unity of faith but the false teachers etc, they crept in among them, teachers who wanted to be a teacher but didn't study and taught about thing they even didn't know about and false brethren was there a lot of things began to take over the church and as a result the believers were taken over and things began to be sown among thorns as they allowed themselves to be taken over with other things entering in the cares of this life chock the word where those type of churches becomes unfruitful they have no value or any of the life of God being that the word that was there was choked. There will always be bad among the good light, and darkness but God told us to "Beware" because they would come.

I believe and take much comfort in the words of Jesus, Where two or more are gathered, together in my name there I will be in the midst.

Hebrews 12:18-29 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and burnrd with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, vs. 19) And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; they that heard entreated that the word should not be spoken to them anymore: vs. 20) (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: vs. 21) And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:) vs. 22) But ye are come unto Mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumberable company of angels, vs. 23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, vs. 24) And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better of things than that of Abel. vs. 25) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spoke on earth, much more shall escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: vs. 26) Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. vs. 27) And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that, are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

vs. 28) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: vs. 29) For our God is a consuming fire.

{Deut. 4:11; Ex. 20:19; Deut. 5:5; Ex. 19:13,16; Gal. 4:26: Revelation 3:12; Phil 3:20; Deut. 33:2; Ps. 68:17; and these are only a few scripture regarding this}

:thumbsup: Awesome stuff. :) I fully agree.

It's not about unity of doctrines, it's about unity of faith. We are all one family as the people of God, brothers may not always agree but they are still brothers.

Thanks for posting this.

Face To Face

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. Genesis 32:30

Hallelujah~!

So Grandpa Moses

And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle. Exodus 33:11

Isn't The Only One Who Will Stand Face To Face With God And Enjoy Communion

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:9

Is God Good

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

Or What

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:11

Amen

y

Excellent post. I found one comment especially thought provoking.

"The scripture did not say we are to come into the unity of doctrines, but instead we should come in the unity of the faith."

Really made me think. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Openly Curious wrote

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I mean is people are saying we need to get away from denominationalism and return to the way Christ's church (assembly) was in the Bible - but no one can define what that was like.

I understand. I'll take the challenge and post a response to that later.

Regards,

Jay

OK. How much more later?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think we need to ask some questions. What is the faith? What is the doctrine? Why are we content doing things the bible does not teach? We need to understand what is spiritual and what is not and to not let these things divide us.

The questions remains -

What were the original Assembly's meetings like?

Is communion to be taken every week, once a month, once a year?

Should we sing with hymns only or modern songs, instruments or no instruments, piano only or electrically hooked-up instruments?

How do you reconcile predestination vs. free will?

How would you have a group of Cessationists pray with Charismatics?

Etc.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Soon Nebula :)

Sorry, it's rare that I go on the internet on weekends, hence the delay.

BBL,

Jay

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I think we need to ask some questions. What is the faith? What is the doctrine? Why are we content doing things the bible does not teach? We need to understand what is spiritual and what is not and to not let these things divide us.

The questions remains -

What were the original Assembly's meetings like?

Is communion to be taken every week, once a month, once a year?

Should we sing with hymns only or modern songs, instruments or no instruments, piano only or electrically hooked-up instruments?

How do you reconcile predestination vs. free will?

How would you have a group of Cessationists pray with Charismatics?

Etc.

:laugh: What a can of worms those questions can open :cool: