• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Before the great denominational war of differences can be reconciled, We must ask the question, what is Church? If that question is not the starting point we become a slave to our own theology and polity rather than a servant of God. If the church can be divided from unity through denominational separation, then the denomination is not the church and does not make the church. The Church is a community created by Holy Spirit, not by denomination. As a community and a people of God, we are all one, and called to this oneness with each other, and with God. We are all one and yet individuals, representing our Triune God. "The denomination" is mans creation, not Gods.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Before the great denominational war of differences can be reconciled, We must ask the question, what is Church? If that question is not the starting point we become a slave to our own theology and polity rather than a servant of God. If the church can be divided from unity through denominational separation, then the denomination is not the church and does not make the church. The Church is a community created by Holy Spirit, not by denomination. As a community and a people of God, we are all one, and called to this oneness with each other, and with God. We are all one and yet individuals, representing our Triune God. "The denomination" is mans creation, not Gods.

The lack of unity is mans doing not God's I would agree. However belonging to a denomination is not a sin it is simply an imperfect recognition that we do not agree on what the Bible says and what the Bible means. Every single Christian today is in a denomination. If you worship alone and at home you are in a very small denomination. I wish this were not the case, but the price of freeing the Gospel from a corrupt organization was worth the cost in lack of unity.

The lack of unity is mans doing not God's I would agree. However belonging to a denomination is not a sin it is simply an imperfect recognition that we do not agree on what the Bible says and what the Bible means. Every single Christian today is in a denomination. If you worship alone and at home you are in a very small denomination. I wish this were not the case, but the price of freeing the Gospel from a corrupt organization was worth the cost in lack of unity.

Belonging to a denomination is not a sin I fully agree with that, and it adds personality and style to the presentation. The sin is when that denomination is held above the person of Christ, and Hiis commandment to love one another, then that denomination becomes idolatry. If You view your personal denomination as the right way, and all others is wrong, then that is sin and idolatry. Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life. Though we have differences in our theologies, and lacking in area's of understanding, we also have Holy Spirit living in us and a relationship with Jesus, who will overcome these differences through love if we surrender to Him.

Belonging to a denomination is not a sin I fully agree with that, and it adds personality and style to the presentation. The sin is when that denomination is held above the person of Christ, and Hiis commandment to love one another, then that denomination becomes idolatry. If You view your personal denomination as the right way, and all others is wrong, then that is sin and idolatry. Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life. Though we have differences in our theologies, and lacking in area's of understanding, we also have Holy Spirit living in us and a relationship with Jesus, who will overcome these differences through love if we surrender to Him.

I would agree with most of that. I think that when we replace faith in Christ with our "way" of doing things; our worship style our particular group so to speak, then we do not have faith in Christ alone. Only Christ saves not the group we belong to when we worship Christ. I honestly believe that my congregation is as correct as I am going to find a group of Christians however I do not believe we are the only Christians, not even close, and we may indeed be wrong on some things and we must have the humility to accept that possibility.

I would agree with most of that. I think that when we replace faith in Christ with our "way" of doing things; our worship style our particular group so to speak, then we do not have faith in Christ alone. Only Christ saves not the group we belong to when we worship Christ. I honestly believe that my congregation is as correct as I am going to find a group of Christians however I do not believe we are the only Christians, not even close, and we may indeed be wrong on some things and we must have the humility to accept that possibility.

:thumbsup: Amen Christ must be the head of all things. :) Thats a good attitude to have about your congregation. I'm finding that in every congregation someone will find good things and bad things, but reguardless of the congregation, if Christ is the center head of it, then every congregation makes up One body in the universal church perspective. :) Kind of like family, you may not always agree with your brother or sister, but they are still your brother or sister.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

I feel the church of old was a body of believers gathered together. Paul was the teacher of these churches; he preached and corrected these churches in the word of God. Anything added or subtracted from the Word was rebuked. The denominations of today, teach doctrines that are not in line with scripture ie. Baptism, forgiveness of sin, communion, and spiritual gifts ect

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

What I mean is people are saying we need to get away from denominationalism and return to the way Christ's church (assembly) was in the Bible - but no one can define what that was like.

I'll start the ball rolling once again by going this far ...

1 Corinthians 12:12-14

For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body

:thumbsup: Amen Christ must be the head of all things. :) Thats a good attitude to have about your congregation. I'm finding that in every congregation someone will find good things and bad things, but reguardless of the congregation, if Christ is the center head of it, then every congregation makes up One body in the universal church perspective. :) Kind of like family, you may not always agree with your brother or sister, but they are still your brother or sister.

Yes you know we learn from St. Paul about the Veil that was put between the people and God in the time before Christ. If we focus on the form over the substance we become lost in my opinion. The fact is I know I would disagree with many people here on issues surrounding Baptism and Communion for example.

The thing that is so insane to me is when people say well you know if people only agreed with M and my group about communion or once saved always saved or the priesthood of believers then they would be correct and biblical, but if they don't they are in a "denomination" and away from the truth. I mean people of faith disagree about the plain words of scripture, I don't know why this is, but they do. But what I find is that indeed they do not disagree about the key elements of salvation and faith in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Yes you know we learn from St. Paul about the Veil that was put between the people and God in the time before Christ. If we focus on the form over the substance we become lost in my opinion. The fact is I know I would disagree with many people here on issues surrounding Baptism and Communion for example.

The thing that is so insane to me is when people say well you know if people only agreed with M and my group about communion or once saved always saved or the priesthood of believers then they would be correct and biblical, but if they don't they are in a "denomination" and away from the truth. I mean people of faith disagree about the plain words of scripture, I don't know why this is, but they do. But what I find is that indeed they do not disagree about the key elements of salvation and faith in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

It's about relationship over religion, and about substance over form. Jesus is the head over all things concerning the church, the sacraments mean nothing without a reconciled relatonship to God and each other. Our focus must frst start in love.

What I mean is people are saying we need to get away from denominationalism and return to the way Christ's church (assembly) was in the Bible - but no one can define what that was like.

I'll start the ball rolling once again by going this far ...

1 Corinthians 12:12-14

For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body