• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

My uncle (my mom's brother) is living with us at the moment. He had bladder cancer but survived it after his bladder was taken out. He lost pretty much everything he had and had a nervous breakdown, but he is better now. He is now drawing unemployment benefits up to $300 a week. My mom and I work for minimum wage and due to inclement weather the past few weeks, our company told us we could not work and would not get paid for it. We have been in a financial hole and my uncle who is living on us, using the power, heat, water, and refrigerator like the rest of us is doing little to contribute. He is also getting about two thousand dollars in taxes soon. Our phone was cut off, our cable was cut off, internet cut off, and now the power is in danger of being cut off. And he is getting thousands per month. I confronted him about it and got into a bad argument with him and he said "Well fine, I'll make sure I get out of here soon."

I can't even afford to get to college and back because I don't have the gas money. He loaned me twenty bucks, but I have to pay him back as soon as I get my puny little excuse for a check. And he said he would not give me any money if I did not pay it back. Why can't he see that he is the one with the most money right now and he doesn't seem to care what happens to his family around him? Am I expecting too much of him? I feel bad that I cannot contribute more! I make a lousy $7.25 an hour working only part time, and most of that goes to gas for traveling 30 miles to school and back EVERYDAY! Our financial situation has been particularly bad the last few weeks, but hopefully things will start looking up. Also, we may be in danger of being evicted. Prayer needed! Thanks guys.

-Daniel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,758
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug: perhaps if your mum had a word with him it may help but the LAST thing that helps in these situations is for you to lose your temper and get into a row with him ... he probably knows he should be contributing more but wont appreciate being told so by someone youger than him ... that is the way things are unfortunatly.

Have you thought he may be saving every penny he can if he has lost everything once he may well be terrified of going down that road again and so is trying to protect himself ??? :noidea:

Praying for you all :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray:

Edited by ladypeartree

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/27/1976

My uncle (my mom's brother) is living with us at the moment. He had bladder cancer but survived it after his bladder was taken out. He lost pretty much everything he had and had a nervous breakdown, but he is better now. He is now drawing unemployment benefits up to $300 a week. My mom and I work for minimum wage and due to inclement weather the past few weeks, our company told us we could not work and would not get paid for it. We have been in a financial hole and my uncle who is living on us, using the power, heat, water, and refrigerator like the rest of us is doing little to contribute. He is also getting about two thousand dollars in taxes soon. Our phone was cut off, our cable was cut off, internet cut off, and now the power is in danger of being cut off. And he is getting thousands per month. I confronted him about it and got into a bad argument with him and he said "Well fine, I'll make sure I get out of here soon."

I can't even afford to get to college and back because I don't have the gas money. He loaned me twenty bucks, but I have to pay him back as soon as I get my puny little excuse for a check. And he said he would not give me any money if I did not pay it back. Why can't he see that he is the one with the most money right now and he doesn't seem to care what happens to his family around him? Am I expecting too much of him? I feel bad that I cannot contribute more! I make a lousy $7.25 an hour working only part time, and most of that goes to gas for traveling 30 miles to school and back EVERYDAY! Our financial situation has been particularly bad the last few weeks, but hopefully things will start looking up. Also, we may be in danger of being evicted. Prayer needed! Thanks guys.

-Daniel

Friend, I am in a sort of similar situation myself, financially. I don't know how He does it, but I do know that God is faithful and never fails, nor is He ever late. My prayers are with you and your family. Don't give up, it is going to get better soon, real soon. Praying.........

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, if he enjoys living without phone, and power I suppose he will stay with you. If he doesn't he will either pay to have them turned back on, or find another place to live.....

May the Lord bring a speedy remedy to your problems. +

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Prayers - blessings, wisdom, hope, love

My mom and I work for minimum wage and due to inclement weather the past few weeks, our company told us we could not work and would not get paid for it.

It would seem to me that you should be able to file for unemployment benefits. I don't know how it is where you're from, but here in Minnesota I know people who have collected for missing 1 day of work. You're unable to work through no fault of your own. You could also check with social services to see if they can help you with your rent. If all else fails, go to your neighborhood church and tell them your story. (minus the uncle)

Don't worry about your uncle, let him be. Greed has a way of sneaking up and turning on a person. Pray for your uncle with an honest heart, forgive him and I guarantee the Lord will look after you and your mom.

My uncle has always been this way with money. Last year he wanted to stay in a hotel room near us and practically begged my mom for $140. He said, "Sis, you know I would not lie to you, and I promise you I will pay you back." My mom caved and gave him the money and he never did pay it back. I remember when I was a kid he would ask me to come stay with him and he would promise to take me to a game or race. Instead, he made me clean his yard all day for about twenty dollars, and when I was done he said, "I'm gonna take you out to eat." So with my twenty bucks I was excited to maybe buy a toy or game, but he told me I had to buy myself a fifteen dollar steak dinner that I did not want. And when he does help financially, he says things like, "There, now I have already given you such and such." Today he sat on the couch with a huge bundle of twenty dollar bills. As he was flipping through them he said, "PFTTT, I hardly have any money now. I guess that's how things go!" I was very irritate at that. Also, he stayed at our house for three months straight. He had no money at the time and pawned cigarettes from my mom and ate our food. We understood that he had no money, and we helped him. I love my uncle because he's my uncle. But he is so manipulative and controlling.

And as far as me being younger and telling him something, I can understand your point, but at the same time I am usually the mediator of this family, and I try to always point the situation in a way that is Biblically sound. So my words should not be canceled because of my age, but if they are true, regardless of my age, they should consider what I am saying. And there is rarely a situation where my family refutes me if it is a word from God. That said, I did lose my temper a little with him and it probably was not pleasing to God. I did ask my uncle forgiveness though. I am praying that God help me not be so annoyed at him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Praying for the Lord to deliver and rise you up and out of this situation.

But I must also ask you to be more thankful and stop belittling your job, many are without.

I understand your frustrations..pray and ask God to anoint you to approach with season words, boldness given to your mom to request that some type of agreement be made/contract for living arrangements (and let that request fall on good soil), and to humble your uncles heart, to see that in many ways its easier and less expense to share than to do it alone. :wub:

It takes a humbled person to go back and apologize and that you are!!

Just that has set into motion... blessings, things will began to change :wub:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,758
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-hug: he sounds a thouroughly sad man :noidea: if he loves money that much or is that afraid of not having more than he actually needs he has MAJOR problems .......praying for you all :emot-hug:

Praying for the Lord to deliver and rise you up and out of this situation.

But I must also ask you to be more thankful and stop belittling your job, many are without.

I understand your frustrations..pray and ask God to anoint you to approach with season words, boldness given to your mom to request that some type of agreement be made/contract for living arrangements (and let that request fall on good soil), and to humble your uncles heart, to see that in many ways its easier and less expense to share than to do it alone. :wub:

It takes a humbled person to go back and apologize and that you are!!

Just that has set into motion... blessings, things will began to change :wub:

Yes, you are right about people not having no job at all. I sometimes let my frustrations get the best of me, but I am thankful for my job. I've had it for three years now and would not have made it without it. Thanks Joyful.