• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Proposition 1 - He has a grudge against liberal media and so makes up stuff to get people to join his bandwagon.

Proposition 2 - He has a grudge against liberal media because of these things he has seen and is making a brief comment on it.

How can you determine it is Proposition 1 rather than 2?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proposition 1 - He has a grudge against liberal media and so makes up stuff to get people to join his bandwagon.

Proposition 2 - He has a grudge against liberal media because of these things he has seen and is making a brief comment on it.

How can you determine it is Proposition 1 rather than 2?

For example, CNN might go to...

He rails on the liberal media, mentions Somalia and how the media is consorting with the evil warlords and then he tugs at our heartstrings with an incident in Lebanon concerning CNN, a baby doll, and a woman crying over the death of child.

And for the record, I never said he makes stuff up. ;)

If you want to hail this man as someone great, go for it. You wanted my opinion.....

and the news media is controlled by a very small number of people...... none of which have our best interests at heart.

It Appears Few Have Their Own Best Interests At Heart

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. Isaiah 11:1-5

Yet The Word Still Calls Out

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Come Sinner, Come

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

So do you, MG, and you, amor, and you, man, believe he is lying? (Bending the truth, being deceptive, spreading false information)

It's my personal opinion that the man is writing what HE believes is true, through the prism of his own prejudices. It's not always easy to separate personal bias from fact. One reason I am skeptical of anything and everything I read or hear.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

Cleaned up.

Now back to topic..... :emot-highfive: You wonderful folks you! :wub:

Thanks, Refuge!

From the responses though, you all are more upset with Mike than the news media?

Do you or do you not believe the news media is doing these things?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

From the responses though, you all are more upset with Mike than the news media?

I fully believe media is a tool that a certain group of people use to present their ideals/ideas. What it presents depends on who is pushing the buttons. Yes, they all have their spin, even the christian news. I don't believe they are responsible for the thoughts of others, though they may plant a seed. I do believe they exploit what is happening by skewing their reporting to represent their ideals. Where is the honest news media? A question with no answer ...

I don't believe anyone here is upset with Mike or the news media. I know I'm not.

Realistically, no.

The Middle East has been a hotbed of unrest since the beginning of time. It is in the Middle East that I believe the last great battle will be fought. The media has absolutely nothing to do with that. When Mike mentioned a spiritual battle, he hit the nail right on the head. That is what's driving the forces of unreast in that region. Is the media playing a part? Of course it is, but it's not the cause. These things would happen regardless of the media's involvement. There are certain things that need to happen before Christ's return and that's what's going on over there right now. The stage is being set for the final confrontation.

As for the article from the OP, it contains no evidence to prove that the media is to blame for what's happening in the Middle East. It pointed out some questionable behavior by jounalists, but nothing that would lead me to believe it's all the media's fault.

It pointed out some questionable behavior by jounalists, but nothing that would lead me to believe it's all the media's fault.

Not even for making matters worse?

Not even for creating the news rather than reporting it?

Not even for choosing whom the world sees as victims and villains?