• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ive heard rumors of this planet since the 1970s and I dont mean planet x/niburu.

Pluto was discovered because someone was looking for the "planet" creating a gravitational pull. Pluto just happened to be in the area the man was looking at for this gravitational source.

I don't know if the source of the observed gravitational pull back then ever got resolved. (Obviously, Pluto is not massive enough to have a significant gravitational pull.)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to the irony of it nebula. I honestly wasn't making a sarcastic remark. The truth is that I understand the reasons pluto was reclassified quite well. I followed the story for a while at the time, and it makes sense. Science is constantly reclassifying to make a more understandable system for communicating ideas and information. :)

OK

OK, got an article from a scientific on-line mag source (Universe today) -

[url=http://www.universetoday.com/83363/about-that-giant-planet-possibly-hiding-in-the-outer-solar-system/]About that Giant Planet Possibly Hiding in the Outer Solar System

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

OK, got an article from a scientific on-line mag source (Universe today) -

[url=http://www.universetoday.com/83363/about-that-giant-planet-possibly-hiding-in-the-outer-solar-system/]About that Giant Planet Possibly Hiding in the Outer Solar System

Thanks Neb! It looks like it is really out there, a lot further then I thought they were talking about. Guess I forgot how far far is! :) This will be very interesting to follow.

You're welcome!

I am not sure about it actually being there - they know that something is causing an apparent gravitational shift in the comets, but whether on not it is a planet has yet to be determined.

Along those lines - there's actually a whole debate on what defines a "planet".

I would venture that if NASA knows more than they are saying it would be because of people like this jumping the gun. It is better to have something concrete before opening one's mouth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thanks Neb! It looks like it is really out there, a lot further then I thought they were talking about. Guess I forgot how far far is! :) This will be very interesting to follow.

You're welcome!

I am not sure about it actually being there - they know that something is causing an apparent gravitational shift in the comets, but whether on not it is a planet has yet to be determined.

Along those lines - there's actually a whole debate on what defines a "planet".

I would venture that if NASA knows more than they are saying it would be because of people like this jumping the gun. It is better to have something concrete before opening one's mouth.

If there is a planet out there and they tell us so, the whole world/will buy into all the 2012 stuff (right or wrong) and go nuts...

I would think that even if they know it's there they should keep it to themselves (and I can't believe I'm saying that).