• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Thanks, yeah the tooth is fine.  It's nerve pain in the roof of the mouth, so it might be something that's untreatable.  Hopefully the company gets funding one of these years so I can get a panaromic X-Ray or something.  Been researching for years, but am avoiding going into debt.

Prayers are so far not resulting in change, so God's plan may involve timing I don't understand yet. 

Edited by jeffnevins

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I've not read through all the post here so I do not know what has been decided at this point.  But I had to have the same thing done to my front tooth. My daughter at the time being 2 years old, head butting me in the tooth when I was lifting her out of the bathtub. I had to have a root canal to fix the tooth or I would lose it. In truth, the thought of a root canal was worst then actually getting the root canal. In other words my fear was all in my head. I really did not feel anything while it was being done and had no issues afterwords.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I am not a dentist, or a Doctor, but I read a report that says root canals can cause significant long-term health problems.  Let me explain, from my own understanding:

http://www.naturalnews.com/025412_root_canals_bacteria_infection.html

-  When a root canal is accomplished, the dentist is pretty much trying to seal it up and isolate it from the rest of the body, while attempting to keep the root/tooth intact.

- Since the tooth is dead and no longer receiving antibodies from the blood stream, an infection is more likely to occur.

- Since the tooth is isolated, there is no way to treat the infection through the bloodstream (vaccines, antibiotics, etc.)

- Over time depending on the type of infection you have, it could become debilitating to your overall health and mobility.

- Some people had lifelong chronic debilitating illnesses that they recovered from after the bad tooth was extracted and their jawbone was treated with antibiotics.

- My advice, if it is a tooth you don't need, get it extracted, otherwise you may encapsulate a  source of a debilitating illness and your quality of life will suffer.  Getting a tooth extracted is much cheaper than a root canal and it gets rid of a potential source of infection from your body.

- When you can afford it, you can get a bridge or prosthetic implant to fill the gap (cosmetic or functional reasons).

Like I said, I am not a dentist and I don't know how much pain you are in, but leaving a dead tooth in your body and trying to isolate it from your bloodstream may not work and could potentially cause long lasting, debilitating illnesses.  As you get older, your immune system becomes less efficient and you may suffer from more illnesses than you would normally otherwise.

Edited by JustinM

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Generally dentists will advise against it because it can result in problems especially if one does not clean very well but having the tooth removed is far cheaper. The expensive part of root canals is generally the crown that is required to protect the tooth after root canal.