IGNORED

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

vja4Him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'll speak for myself and say that you're most welcome to use any post I make in any way you wish.

Love In Christ,

Tom

It is The Lord in me that attracts you so to love me this way and to give me such trust and kindness! Because I consider greater what you have just given me than I can return I know this to be true... I also am rejoicing that He will bestow His riches, beyond all we can hope or think, upon you "Tom" in the Last of days.... I will be weeping in joy for this when your time before Him comes--- for then I will consider you have recieved back what you have given to me.... I Praise God for His everlasting bindings of Love one for another and the Hope of this time! Love Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just don't discount all spiritual experiences as "mysticism".

If there were an "Ananias and Saphira" experience in church, how would people perceive it?

OR a "Saul of Tarsus" experience?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I'll speak for myself and say that you're most welcome to use any post I make in any way you wish.

Love In Christ,

Tom

It is The Lord in me that attracts you so to love me this way and to give me such trust and kindness! Because I consider greater what you have just given me than I can return I know this to be true... I also am rejoicing that He will bestow His riches, beyond all we can hope or think, upon you "Tom" in the Last of days.... I will be weeping in joy for this when your time before Him comes--- for then I will consider you have recieved back what you have given to me.... I Praise God for His everlasting bindings of Love one for another and the Hope of this time! Love Steven

You are truly the most articulate witness for the Lord we serve that I have ever read, Steven! I can only envy your eloquence because I, personally, don't possess this gift. :cool:

Love In Christ,

Tom

It is The Lord in me that attracts you so to love me this way and to give me such trust and kindness! Because I consider greater what you have just given me than I can return I know this to be true... I also am rejoicing that He will bestow His riches, beyond all we can hope or think, upon you "Tom" in the Last of days.... I will be weeping in joy for this when your time before Him comes--- for then I will consider you have received back what you have given to me.... I Praise God for His everlasting bindings of Love one for another and the Hope of this time! Love Steven

You are truly the most articulate witness for the Lord we serve that I have ever read, Steven! I can only envy your eloquence because I, personally, don't possess this gift. :cool:

You just did it loved one! You see... what we see in others when esteemed more than what is in ourselves we have living Scripture within us... A witness of His witness within us that He is there!

Phil 2:3-4

3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

NKJV

So without even thinking you have bled out the realities of Him in You and that is the most lovely of all "His Children formed from His Word" it is my treasure that I am giving my life to in service to Him and to others.............. it's a win, win, win, win ......... scenario we all Who Name Him Lord and Love His Word in the doing! I will be so glad to embrace you when the meaning of sex has gone away in the eternities!!! Love Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/18/1957

As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit of God living in our hearts as a guide and comforter. We should already know that we serve a jealous God who does not wish to be supplemented or replaced by any other god or spirit. A host of things these days violate the wishes and will of God, and we would know about such things if we prayed more and submitted ourselves more to the perfect Will of God.

Some things to avoid are more subtle, and others are outrageous. The examples would be numerous: astrology, palm reading, new age garbage of many types, the occult in many forms, magic in many forms, witchcraft in many forms, and generally the consulting or consorting with familiar spirits that are not God. One should easily be able to think of many things that God would not approve of, and I think that's the main purpose for this thread. Some things might seem more innocent, but they aren't if God doesn't approve of it. Shouldn't one of our primary goals in life be to Worship only God in Spirit and in Truth and pleasing Him? Some have a hard time connecting some of the new age stuff with evil, but the evil is there nonetheless if we think about it. I've heard all kinds of buzz-words over the years that are related to new age stuff that can be easily connected to Eastern religions and the occult, so there's nothing innocent about them (i.e. self-actualization, transcendental meditation, out of body experiences, etc.). You can probably find numerous books in the self-improvement area of your local book store that relate to new age garbage. Make things simple and ask yourself: is this God-centered, self-centered, or other-centered? If it isn't God-centered, you should probably say no and leave it alone. At least think about it and pray about it before involving yourself into something questionable that God might not approve of. As Christians, we have better things to do in this short life than to dabble or immerse ourselves into things that are not pleasing to God. We should also be concerned with our living testimony before our families and others. Just two cents worth.

Good words of advice! I've started a document on my own, listing various terms and phrases that are used within Mysticism, New Age, and related practices. While reviewing these terms, I can see clearly the deception that the enemy is using ....

Just a few terms I have listed so far include:

-- center down, emergent church, centering, contemplative prayer, soaking

-- grounding, divine center, quietism, meditation

-- Christ in you (used by Mystics and the cults!), communion with the Divine, Master

-- chanting, visions, dreams, revelation, meditation spiritual exercises

-- contemplation, inner search, unity

-- ancient wisdom, hidden mysteries, secret knowledge

-- breakthrough, deep, presence of God, positive thinking

-- energy, Christ-consciousness, healing, crystals, pyramids

-- guided imagery, holistic, unity, transformation

-- awakening, networking, rebirthing, yoga, trance

-- channeling, therapeutic touch, relaxation, visualization

-- bliss, harmony, God-consciousness, universal love

-- self-realization, the I AM, higher self

-- cosmic Christ, fall of man (not a Christian/Biblical definition)

-- God (unbiblical definition), Jesus (not the Jesus of the Bible)

-- avatar, Kabala, karma, Kundalini (very dangerous!!!)

-- covenant, breath prayers, signs and wonders, contact with ascended masters

-- soul travel, near death experiences, spirit guides

-- positive thinking, possibility thinking, words have power

-- speaking things into existence

-- imaging, visions from Mary, apparitions related to Mary

-- crying statues, slaying in the spirit

-- laughing, strange sounds (related to Kundalini)

With a little discernment, it's easy to see how the enemy can take what seems to be harmless,

and fool people into following after doctrines of demons, and suck people right into the trap ....

As is common with the cults, some terms are familiar with Christians, and seem to be ok, sound good, are enticing, attractive, seem harmless, but remember that these terms can be very deceiving, and lead you into something that is not as it seems ....

The enemy comes as an angel of light, deceiving many ....

May I copy this and keep it for myself? It is good to see them placed together! Love Steven

Sure, go ahead and copy and post wherever you would like. If you want the full version, PM me .... (I'm still working on adding more terms, with definitions, examples, and references, to all the terms and phrases I'm compling).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/18/1957

Keep in mind Steve that words have more then one meaning. Some of what was posted we are instructed to do, God given or acts of an Apostle.

• meditation
    visions
    dreams
    revelation
    contemplation
    unity
    presence of God
    healing
    unit
    harmony
    covenant
    signs and wonders

All these are scriptural.

And herein lies the problem .... The cults use these terms that are biblical to their own advantage, often seemingly harmless, like meditation, for example, which in the realm of Mysticism can easily lead one straight into the occult. Many people think they are entering the presence of God, when in fact, they are opening up doors to the other spiritual realm, with demonic activity instead ....

Even signs and wonders can be from the enemy, deceiving many, as we see with Todd Bentley and associates ......

Edited by vja4Him

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Love In Christ,

Tom

It is The Lord in me that attracts you so to love me this way and to give me such trust and kindness! Because I consider greater what you have just given me than I can return I know this to be true... I also am rejoicing that He will bestow His riches, beyond all we can hope or think, upon you "Tom" in the Last of days.... I will be weeping in joy for this when your time before Him comes--- for then I will consider you have received back what you have given to me.... I Praise God for His everlasting bindings of Love one for another and the Hope of this time! Love Steven

You just did it loved one! You see... what we see in others when esteemed more than what is in ourselves we have living Scripture within us... A witness of His witness within us that He is there!

Phil 2:3-4

3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

NKJV

So without even thinking you have bled out the realities of Him in You and that is the most lovely of all "His Children formed from His Word" it is my treasure that I am giving my life to in service to Him and to others.............. it's a win, win, win, win ......... scenario we all Who Name Him Lord and Love His Word in the doing! I will be so glad to embrace you when the meaning of sex has gone away in the eternities!!! Love Steven

:cool:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I believe you do need to know a persons definition of a word before you can appraise weather they are going into mystisim. For instance

meditate - chew over: reflect deeply on a subject; "I mulled over the events of the afternoon"; "philosophers have speculated on the question of God for thousands of years"; "The scientist must stop to observe and start to excogitate"meditate - study: think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes; "He is meditating in his study"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwnmeditative - brooding: deeply or seriously thoughtful; "Byron lives on not only in his poetry, but also in his creation of the 'Byronic hero' - the persona of a brooding melancholy young man";
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

To do this, especially with the word of God, to chew over a verse to think on the word and reflect on the word, is not mystical. All though some would think it means some eastern religion thing this is what I was taught when meditating on the word of God.

I forgot what of my teachers said this

"All spirit and you blow up, all word and you dry up, you need both"

I have seen this to be true, I have seen, Bible only people tend to become very legalistic and judgmental becoming a lot like Pharisees. Over spiritual people is what we are talking about here they tend to go off the deep end and stray away from the word, becoming open to spiritual darkness.

We need both the spirit and the word, and to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater on either account.

This thread seems to want to throw out all spiritual things. Including in this list several Biblical things as already stated.

So I say take it all be fore the Lord in prayer, and also look at the fruit. As any of this that is not of the Lord will bear bad fruit.

And herein lies the problem .... The cults use these terms that are biblical to their own advantage, often seemingly harmless, like meditation, for example, which in the realm of Mysticism can easily lead one straight into the occult. Many people think they are entering the presence of God, when in fact, they are opening up doors to the other spiritual realm, with demonic activity instead ....

Even signs and wonders can be from the enemy, deceiving many, as we see with Todd Bentley and associates ......

I think this just begs the question: If demonic activity can be biblically supported (using the bible to their advantage), confuse believers to think they are in the presence of God when they're in the presence of demons, and can perform signs and miracles, how does one know they haven't been deceived? How does one know that their biblical knowledge isn't founded on half-truths twisted by demonic spirits, how does one know that the presence/guidance/relationship of God isn't really an evil spirit pretending to be benevolent which has snared them into their trap, how does one know that the miracles they witnessed are not of demons and really of God?

Because only Him and the children will comprehend this.....

I will speak it in the personal singular for the unity that is within us all....

He can give this witness that all that has come into His/us is this:

(I) no longer is of importance- He is the everything that His/my heart desires and He in His Word promises His/me- He will be on the throne and be Receiving Glory that is due His name and this is His/my peace, this is His/my joy, this is His/my eternity... fulfilled in Him.... He in His/me shall present His/me in praise and worship for His eternal pleasure... He shall be His/my light, His/my love, His/my that which (I) cannot even dream, know or imagine for it is not from here but is from there-> for He is from there<- and that is His/my seal and His/my stay till then in His/my Spirit.... Love His/Steven Jn 17 fulfilled!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Keep in mind Steve that words have more then one meaning. Some of what was posted we are instructed to do, God given or acts of an Apostle.

• meditation
    visions
    dreams
    revelation
    contemplation
    unity
    presence of God
    healing
    unit
    harmony
    covenant
    signs and wonders

All these are scriptural.

Test the spirits to see if they are of God or not. Don't you just hate it when Satan mocks God that way?