MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The Brits have a good air force. The French? Guess it depends on to what you are comapraing their air force.

The French have awesome planes, many they developed themselves and they also have highly trained pilots. They just haven't been in a conflict in a while. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

We never should've gotten involved over there.

Perhaps your right but since we have got involved, a few well placed 'smart bombs' will get the job done. Very quick.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Perhaps your right but since we have got involved, a few well placed 'smart bombs' will get the job done. Very quick.

yeh but the problem is...... "Then what" smart bombs may find thier mark and rid the world of a tryant, but which or what will take his place. Smart bombs got rid of Saddam, but they are not doing so well in the aftermath.

I'm going to agree to a point; we don't need to get into every conflict on earth but our government has to walk that fine line and show they are against people like Gaddafi. What was it Reagan called him? The Mad Dog of the Middle East? That dog should have been gone forty years ago. Hard to believe the Libyans have put up with him for nearly my whole lifetime. :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

The Brits have a good air force. The French? Guess it depends on to what you are comapraing their air force.

The French have awesome planes, many they developed themselves and they also have highly trained pilots. They just haven't been in a conflict in a while. :rolleyes:

Well there was that massive uproar over who had the best-dressed first lady... that conflict nearly drew some blood. :laugh:

Well there was that massive uproar over who had the best-dressed first lady... that conflict nearly drew some blood. :laugh:

The French DO get fanatical about fashion. I wouldn't want to get in the middle of French vs. American couture.....not that brave. :blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

The french and british? I beg your pardon but isn't Obama the one releasing warnings against Gadaffi?

Each of the current middle easter conflicts have been headed by America who seem to think they can take on just about anybody

I beg to differ.

I strongly disagree about your concept on US forces doing the 'heavy lifting' I was a British soldier, and so first hand experience I can assure you that America has it rather easy in most parts.

The President has called for Gaddafi to go, yes, but it's the French and British who have launched the air strikes and who will be enforcing a 'no-fly' zone. The U.S. is providing logistical support. We CAN take on anybody but why should we always have to do the heavy lifting and the heavy paying? I take it you're not American?

I'm going to agree to a point; we don't need to get into every conflict on earth but our government has to walk that fine line and show they are against people like Gaddafi. What was it Reagan called him? The Mad Dog of the Middle East? That dog should have been gone forty years ago. Hard to believe the Libyans have put up with him for nearly my whole lifetime. :blink:

There's people like Gaddafi scattered all over the world. Kim Jung Il comes to mind. Why aren't we over there blasting him?

All we're doing is helping our enemies subdue their enemies. When it's over, they'll take our show of support and use it against us. Bin Laden is a good example of that. We supported, trained, and supplied him and how did he repay us? Other than Israel, we have no friends in the middle east. Islam shows allegiance to no one except Allah. They've been fighting amongst themselves forever and taking out one their leaders is not going to change that. Once the battle is over, they'll regroup and pick another target.

What's going to happen to us when islam starts organizing protests here in the United States and calling for a new form of government? Are we just going to roll over and give it to them? And if things turn ugly and we have to defend ourselves, how's the world going to see that? Will the world step in and try to remove us just as we're trying to remove Gaddafi?

We have no business over there.

The enemy of our enemy is still our enemy.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Agred. We all ought to sray out of it but the problem is simple. Governments cannot keep thier noses out of other peoples business