• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I have this question about anyone claiming to be a prophet (as in predicting the future.)

Did their predictions come true? Any of them?

If they are not 100% accurate . . . they are not speaking from the God we serve.

Amen! STONE THAT LOUSY JONAH! He prophesied Nineveh would be destroyed in '40 days,' and it didn't happen.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

After re reading the OP article again it became obvious to me that it would be much easier to just deleete both my posts rather than get into a heated argument with myself .... LoL

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Would someone please explain what was off the mark with this word?

Nothing. I am not even sure it is truly a prophecy. May be, may not be. It pretty much is a compilation of scripture with expounding written into it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

There are no longer any prophets. Only the gift of prophecy.

By what Scripture do you base this on?

This is what I disagree with about Mr. Frodsham.

There shall come deceivers among My people in increasing number, who shall speak forth the truth and shall gain the favor of the people, for the people shall examine the Scriptures and say, "What these men say is true." Then when they have gained the hearts of the people, then and then only shall they bring out these wrong doctrines. Therefore, I say that you should not give your hearts to men, nor hold people's persons in admiration. For by these very persons shall Satan enter into My people.

He will speak the words of righteousness and truth and will appear as a minister of light, declaring the Word. The people's hearts shall be won; they will bring out their doctrines, and the people shall be deceived. The people shall say, "Did he not speak thus and thus? And did we not examine it from the Word? Therefore he is a minister of righteousness. That he has now spoken we do not see in the Word, but it must be right, for the other things he spoke were true."

Bottom line is that Frodsham believes the evil ones will come as an angel of light and start out preaching the gospel, and then Satan will enter God's people. I find that repulsive!

The false gospel of the religion of the beast can be found in one word. ISLAM!

I did not read the word given as referring to the ultimate Anti-Christ written about in Revelation. I read this as speaking of general deceivers within the body of Christ.

The outline given makes sense, as many cults begin this way. I found myself ensnared by this method. I was under a Bible study leader who spoke truths and insights that were remarkable. But little by little some strange revelations entered in, but by this time the trust had become strong enough that we doubted our doubts and followed through with the teaching. By the time we separated ourselves from the church we were a part of of and running our own private church, we were too ensnared to get out.

It sounds like this man is saying incidences like this will increase. That's all.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. Seems to line up with scripture.

Thanks for sharing!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I have this question about anyone claiming to be a prophet (as in predicting the future.)

Did their predictions come true? Any of them?

If they are not 100% accurate . . . they are not speaking from the God we serve.

I agree we should all be wary of anyone bringing forth prophecy, but on the other hand we have to examine the prophecy & I think also the person bringing it forth. (We shall know them by their fruit.)

This prophecy is a warning to the church to keep our eyes on Jesus & be seeking Him diligently concerning any teaching we hear. It contains warnings to guard ourselves against false teachers more & more as time goes by. It says many will be deceived by those that start out preaching truth & then get off in false doctrine.

(happening all the time now)

God set up the ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, & teachers to equip & build us up & I believe as we come closer to the end of this age that we will see more activity from each of these offices.We will need the power of the Holy Spirit to discern who speaks the truth. I think our only hope to know when to act on a prophetic word will be the Holy Spirit because there will come a time that we can't sit and wait to see if it comes to pass or not, especially if we are involved in bringing it to pass.

There are no longer any prophets. Only the gift of prophecy. I read the OP and there's a lot of general scriptural declarations that are absolutely true. I just don't agree that the evil ones will come as an angel of light within the church. For several years now my biggest gripe about the church is that most preachers claim that the man of sin and all of his cronies will come from within the church and that's just not true. The sad thing is that's what we've all been taught.

The only people who believe and teach that the man of sinn will emerge from within the church are Protestant's who define the word apostasy as heresy, backslidding, or a defection from truth. That's not the defintion of apostasy. Protestant's have long held the view that the Catholic church is heretical and backslidden. In Strong's where one interpretation for apostasy is "a defection from truth," they warn that those definitions are the opinion of the interpreter. And that definition has since been removed from Strong's. I haven't been able to find it anyway.

The word apostasy in no way implies a defection from truth though the Protestant's would like us to believe it does. Their opinion was influenced by Rome's horrible past. For this reason Christianity has adopted an incorrect definition of apostasy. The word apostasy has the same meaning across all religions today...except Christianity because of these well meaning Protestant's. The Catholic church has influenced Protestant Christians to believe that it's a defection from truth. There's no reason for the word apostasy to have a different meaning when applied to Christians or the church than it does elsewhere. Christian's have been misled to believe these things for so long it's hard for them to break out of it. It's no different than the experts teaching us about a global dictator and one world religion. They've taught it for so long that they just can't believe the "prophecy experts" could be wrong.

This is what I disagree with about Mr. Frodsham.

There shall come deceivers among My people in increasing number, who shall speak forth the truth and shall gain the favor of the people, for the people shall examine the Scriptures and say, "What these men say is true." Then when they have gained the hearts of the people, then and then only shall they bring out these wrong doctrines. Therefore, I say that you should not give your hearts to men, nor hold people's persons in admiration. For by these very persons shall Satan enter into My people.

He will speak the words of righteousness and truth and will appear as a minister of light, declaring the Word. The people's hearts shall be won; they will bring out their doctrines, and the people shall be deceived. The people shall say, "Did he not speak thus and thus? And did we not examine it from the Word? Therefore he is a minister of righteousness. That he has now spoken we do not see in the Word, but it must be right, for the other things he spoke were true."

Bottom line is that Frodsham believes the evil ones will come as an angel of light and start out preaching the gospel, and then Satan will enter God's people. I find that repulsive!

The false gospel of the religion of the beast can be found in one word. ISLAM!

I have to disagree with you when you say there are no more prophets. Now I don't personally know any but in Ephesians 4:11-13 we are told that God set certain ministries for equipping & edifying His saints until we all come to the unity of the faith & grow into a "perfect man". One of these ministry offices is prophet. As it is quite plain that the church has not reached maturity, I have to believe that God still has people in the office of prophet.

The prophecy in the OP is not speaking of the "demonic duo"(as you called them). The fact that evil masquerades as angels of light is repulsive to me too, but I think there are quite a few false teachers & prophets operating in the "church" now & keeping some of God's people from growing from "milk" to "meat".

If you would post scripture to back up your claim that there are no more prophets, I would appreciate it as I have not found any saying God had stopped using these ministries to fulfill His purposes for the Body.