CWJ

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Troughout Jesus His life, we see Him saying He came to do the work of his Father.He repeated and repeated and repeated it.

When Jesus said it is finished the plan was completed.

We have all kinds of people running around adding to what the work of His father.

And on the cross He said, "It is finished!"

When somebody is finished with a project , do you take it upon yourself to add to it? If somebody makes a beautiful bench  or a painter paints a picture will you add a few strokes to it?

That would be crazy.

They would tell you that you ruined their work.

Some people  say you have to be baptised or so good works or perform rituels, ect.

But God the God of the universe has said that the work is finished.

Let's take God by His word.

Are you going to heaven?

If it is not by the finished work of Christ on Calgary , His shed blood, his burial and His resurrection, then you are not saved.

If it is that ,plus anything else, you have ruined it.

We can rejoice in the sayings from Christ on the cross, "It is finished!"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Amen and Amen!!!!!!!!!

Don't confuse the "propitiation" for our sins with the terms of the new covenant.

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."

"Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end."

"For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end."

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

(Edited by BlindSeeker at 9:07 pm on Mar. 27, 2002)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

"through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body"

With God's power we do His will. We live by His work in us.

"if we hold fast the confidence"

By doing this we bear the fruit of salvation, evidence of our faith can be seen by our good works. We don't have the power to hold ourselves, nor need to. We are a new creature in Jesus.  Jude 24,25.

"if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end"

A saved person will endure and persevere, God will hold us, the fruit bearing this evidence is so spoken in the quote above. Truly saved means you will never turn back. You are a new creature, steadfastly holding your faith by the power of God..1Cor1:18

Quote: from CWJ on 9:35 pm on Mar. 27, 2002

"through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body"

With God's power we do His will. We live by His work in us.

I would feel your statements would be more correct if they were stated as such, "Because of God's Spirit we have access to the power which enables, or strengthens us to do God's will." And, "Because of His working in us, both to will and to do, we can live."

Examples:

Ac 9:22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

Ro 4:20

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Do you think that God is finished with His plan of Salvation?

Guest Sword N Spirit

IT IS FINISHED!

Don't you know,it's already done!

Don't you know, we cannot do more!

All we need is to just accept the fact that IT'S ALL DONE!

Stand under the shadow of his grace!

Under His umbrella night and day!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Jesus said, "I am the Alpha and the Omega..."

Jesus said, "For whosoever shall do the will of My Father which is in heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother."

Jesus said, "If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.

Jesus said, "Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."

Jesus said, "He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him."

The Beloved John said, "And he that keepeth His commandments dwelleth in Him, and He in him. And hereby we know that He abideth in us, by the Spirit which He hath given us."

Jesus said, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."

• 3 months later...