• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

The hardest thing for me to figure out is the difference between no & wait.

No means no forever, I assume? Though I suppose he can change His mind if He wants.

But wait is confusing. One week? Or the day before your death. Somewhere between...

Hm- I have no idea how anyone can know whether the response is a no or wait.

Thanks for any insights.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

The hardest thing for me to figure out is the difference between no & wait.

No means no forever, I assume? Though I suppose he can change His mind if He wants.

But wait is confusing. One week? Or the day before your death. Somewhere between...

Hm- I have no idea how anyone can know whether the response is a no or wait.

Thanks for any insights.

2 Corinthians 1

20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

To me the answer is always yes! The real question is when. The problem is God knows our motives and our heart. There is also satan that interferes with our prayers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My take is different. Unless there is promise that it will be given, or dealing with someone's salvation or the like, or praying for healing, things like that -

Treat unfufilled as no.

Case in point. Praying for someone you have feelings for to fall in love with you. Unless there is a promise of that one, treat no response as no, and walk on.

If praying for marriage in general, live as if the answer is no - learn to take care of yourself, learn to improve your character, make the Lord the love of your life. Treating such as "wait" tends to cause us to focus on finding our mate and wearing us down with discouragement.

Something like praying for healing, though, these are things to keep pressing into the Lord about - like the parable of the widow imploring of the unjust judge.

Hope that makes sense to you (as I don't know what you are struggling with).

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

OK. Good.

Appreciate the responses.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I have always surmised that prayer is not so much petitioning as it is discovery....I inform God of nothing and am unqualified to advise Him...But in prayer I align my desires with His will. Often while I am praying I am discovering my limited scope and seemingly hopeless bent to serving my own desires. In voicing those things He is able to let me hear my heart and hopefully correct with the aid of the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Everything is fulfilled in God's good time. We ask but He knows what is best. His answer may be 'yes,' 'no,' or 'wait'. He may want to have you yield to His will. He may also be waiting for you to be ready to accept what you are asking. How will you handle it, Is it for purely selfish reasons or is for the good. Are you in tune with Him? He may also be teaching you a lesson in faith. He knows our hearts and responds as a good parent would. But to stop praying for something that is according to His will would be wrong and a demonstration of your lack of faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

Everything is fulfilled in God's good time. We ask but He knows what is best. His answer may be 'yes,' 'no,' or 'wait'. He may want to have you yield to His will. He may also be waiting for you to be ready to accept what you are asking. How will you handle it, Is it for purely selfish reasons or is for the good. Are you in tune with Him? He may also be teaching you a lesson in faith. He knows our hearts and responds as a good parent would. But to stop praying for something that is according to His will would be wrong and a demonstration of your lack of faith.

:amen::amen: Sister. 100% agreement. Be blessed Jeff and wait upon the Lord.