Joshua-777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

They serve the man whiskey and take care of his animals.

19 After she had given him a drink, she said,

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

:b: Thanks for putting it back on track yod. Sorry guys :b:

I'm not in the women pastor camp either. While I think women can have very good insights, and be strong supporters, devoted to a fault, and even be strong role models, I much prefer to be taught by a man. I think part of the woman's gifting is in the area of influence, and I don't want to be persuaded or influenced in the things as important as my salvation and walk with God, unless, of course, the persuasion is coming from the Spirit within as I hear scripture interpreted and defined. That just really hasn't happened for me with a woman, unless it was in a counseling situation, a compassionate heart to heart encouragement. I think a woman excels in that area. Too often my emotions come into play, because, I am a woman. It seems to me that men are much more direct.

And to back it up with scripture? I cant' really. But I do note that Esther used her influence, Ruth her devotion and love, Abigail her wisdom, Deborah her heroism, Hannah her faithfulness and virtue, and many more, certainly.

Just my own personal preference really, but I just think women in general have qualities better suited elsewhere.

(edited to add that I agree with Neb that women are wonderful and much needed in the child/youth teachings and ministries)

They serve the man whiskey and take care of his animals.

19 After she had given him a drink, she said, "I'll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink."

;)

:24: :24: :24:

Joe....you are only encouraging him! He should actually be :emot-poke::taped:

:b: Thanks for putting it back on track yod. Sorry guys :b:

I'm not in the women pastor camp either. While I think women can have very good insights, and be strong supporters, devoted to a fault, and even be strong role models, I much prefer to be taught by a man. I think part of the woman's gifting is in the area of influence, and I don't want to be persuaded or influenced in the things as important as my salvation and walk with God, unless, of course, the persuasion is coming from the Spirit within as I hear scripture interpreted and defined. That just really hasn't happened for me with a woman, unless it was in a counseling situation, a compassionate heart to heart encouragement. I think a woman excels in that area. Too often my emotions come into play, because, I am a woman. It seems to me that men are much more direct.

And to back it up with scripture? I cant' really. But I do note that Esther used her influence, Ruth her devotion and love, Abigail her wisdom, Deborah her heroism, Hannah her faithfulness and virtue, and many more, certainly.

Just my own personal preference really, but I just think women in general have qualities better suited elsewhere.

(edited to add that I agree with Neb that women are wonderful and much needed in the child/youth teachings and ministries)

I'm pretty much in agreement with the above, A.J. Women pastors just aren't something I can support, even though I'm not sure exactly why. And then there is the fact that women's voices are just not effective when preaching the gospel, IMO, being for the most part, small and high pitched. I'd much rather listen to a man speak in church (maybe that's just me).

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know, Trav - I've learned a ton from you. Your Bible stories are wonderful!!! They have been better than most traditional teachings I have heard or read. :wub:

As for women not being as direct . . . while that does fit most women, it doesn't fit all (case in point - me!).

I am puzzled by this statement, though:

"I don't want to be persuaded or influenced in the things as important as my salvation and walk with God, unless, of course, the persuasion is coming from the Spirit within as I hear scripture interpreted and defined."

I do not understand why you would direct this in explaining your non-preference for women pastors/teachers. I wouldn't want to be taught by a man who isn't persuaded by the Spirit either.

I know we all have our preferences, and that's fine. I am just concerned by the broad brush category, though.

I would be uncomfortable with a female as the head pastor, but women preaching or teaching can be informative, motivational, encouraging, etc. It depends on the woman, too. At the church I mentioned before, on occasion the wife of the Senior pastor will give the sermon. Many in the congregation consider this a treat, actually. The Senior pastor is an excellent teacher and really knows how to dig deep into the Scriptures, but he's on the dry side as far as public speaking goes. His wife speaks more on applying Scripture to everyday living, she is quite insightful herself, and she's quite vibrant as a public speaker.

Just some things to consider.

:wub:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

...r the roles of woman in the church?

I just realized something.

The OP asked for the role of women in church, not specifically if a woman should be a pastor.

I don't know, Trav - I've learned a ton from you. Your Bible stories are wonderful!!! They have been better than most traditional teachings I have heard or read. :wub:

As for women not being as direct . . . while that does fit most women, it doesn't fit all (case in point - me!).

I am puzzled by this statement, though:

"I don't want to be persuaded or influenced in the things as important as my salvation and walk with God, unless, of course, the persuasion is coming from the Spirit within as I hear scripture interpreted and defined."

I do not understand why you would direct this in explaining your non-preference for women pastors/teachers. I wouldn't want to be taught by a man who isn't persuaded by the Spirit either.

I know we all have our preferences, and that's fine. I am just concerned by the broad brush category, though.

I would be uncomfortable with a female as the head pastor, but women preaching or teaching can be informative, motivational, encouraging, etc. It depends on the woman, too. At the church I mentioned before, on occasion the wife of the Senior pastor will give the sermon. Many in the congregation consider this a treat, actually. The Senior pastor is an excellent teacher and really knows how to dig deep into the Scriptures, but he's on the dry side as far as public speaking goes. His wife speaks more on applying Scripture to everyday living, she is quite insightful herself, and she's quite vibrant as a public speaker.

Just some things to consider.

:wub:

Neb, I highlighted in general because certainly I don't apply my comments to all women. There are many women who are well established and mature in the word (you for example) who would be wonderful at what ever role in the church.

And I guess I wasnt' very clear - I think women can be good teachers, but I don't like sitting under a woman pastor. When I talked about influence, I mean that women seem to use their influence to persuade. At least, I perceive it that way. And yes, I want both genders to be speaking from the direction and guidance of the Holy Spirit - absolutely. I simply mean that I want -in myself - to be fully persuaded for that reason and not because of the influence of emotions only. That's all I meant.

And thank you for the compliments on my bible stories. :wub: It blesses me if you've been blessed.

...r the roles of woman in the church?

I just realized something.

The OP asked for the role of women in church, not specifically if a woman should be a pastor.

Oh. Oops. :b:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Galatians 3:28 is the scripture that I know points out in Christ, we are all one...and has held that as my encouragement that we as women are called to preach. Like anything else..God will not force anyone to believe what they don't want to. I also don't believe He will penalize women who receive their calling... nor those who don't believe women are called.

Years ago, I use to feel that women wasn't called, I was part of a church that believe women are to sit quietly, maybe until there was a Women Conference, then she was let out and after a week..back sitting quietly. Those were some of the most miserable years of my life. Then about nine years ago...I had more questions than the male pastor could answer. I prayed and ask God to help me. One morning I turned on the TV and Joyce Myers was on. In thirty minutes she covered many of the things I needed to know.

I am now part of a church with a husband and wife team. My female pastor preach and teach with the anointing of the Holy Ghost and NEVER runs over her husband. Yolks are being broken, people are going higher in the Lord...

I've decided just to leave it all to God...

And bless and pray for those who are bold enough to step out and do what they are called to do.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

And Even This Fellow Gets The Point

That was bad! :laugh:

:21: That Joe...he's funny.

Josh, forgive us for having fun in your thread. This topic has come up so many times in the past and it often goes out flaming...but sorry we havent' treated this seriously up to now.

Please continue and don't mind the rif-raf.

No problem, please continue having fun on this thread. That keeps the topic from catching on fire to quickly. :)