Ricky Gervais Claims He's A Better Christian Than Christians

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Hi All I was going to put this in controversy section as this article seems to be more that way.

However since I'm a new member and not a Junior yet I couldn't place it over there. So I put the article over here.

Atheist Ricky Gervais

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Errr . . . how did he pass Commandment #1? I mean, worshiping the Lord is kind-of implied in that!

And how did he pass Commandment #3? He doesn't take God's name in vain??? Really????!??

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

The fool says in his heart,

"There is no God."

Such are corrupt, they do

abominable deeds;

there is not one who does

good.--Psalm 58, 11

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Also he missed where Jesus said "If you even look at a women with Lust you have committed adulatory" etc.... yep Epic Fail.

.... Are atheists better Christians than Christians are today? Famous comedian and English actor Ricky Gervais likes to think so.... My link

Please

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Please

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. Romans 3:3-4

Become Rational

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

Before It Is

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life;

but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

Too Late

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life:

and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life

was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:11-15

Please

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/21/1984

I also think it's funny how people think they don't commit idolatry. There are idols of the heart-- worship of money, fame, possessions. You don't need to be bowing down and praying to a statue of Spongebob Squarepants to be called an idolater. This is a very subtle sin if you think about it, something that even devout Christians have to battle with.

This man is a fool. I used to think his humour, although risqué, was funny but now that I've become more serious in my pursuit of a Christ-like life I was disgusted when I watched his newest on stage performance. And his capering is unacceptable.

Edited by carmely

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

I agree, there is not a way any one person can pass the 10 commandments. I know as for myself I have broken all them many times.

The Bible also says if anyone says they do not sin that they are a liar. Jesus says. No one is good not one.

Here are a couple of other points. Sometimes it is true that some people who are not into are morally good than some Christians. On the other hand many who are unbelievers go to the worse extreme of a corrupt life.

Next is. Yeah there are some Christians out there who like to judge rather than letting God be the judge. On yet the other hand there are some nice born again Christians who are trying their best to do the will of God he does not observe. There are also good Christians trying to please God and kind people He has judged. All Christians are out of line.

And like what has already been seen a good unbeliever is not good enough. This Ricky does not understand why Jesus died on the cross even for people like Him who think they are too good to be saved.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It's odd how some of these big famous named types think. It seems to me that they believe that ignoring the word of God is the best way to live the life allowed to them BY GOD. They think just because they are tolerant to people's sexual preferences, people's inner carnal desires no matter how deviant, they are better then those trying to spread the word that maybe, just maybe, many of those desires are hurting this world and denying themselves the next.

Delusional thought at it's best.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

Also, Christians aren't saved by obeying the 10 commandments "a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified" (Galatians 2:16).

So, unless he's better at putting his faith in Jesus than most Christians, he's not arguing about Christianity at all, he's just considering himself a better legalist.

It's odd that atheists so frequently depict Jesus as simply accepting of all faults: ""You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?" (Matt. 23:33).

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

All men are created equal, and we all fall short in the eyes of God.