• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

McDonald's grimaces at Happy Meal lawsuit

(Reuters) - A lawsuit seeking to stop McDonald's Corp (MCD.N) from offering toys with Happy Meals must be dismissed because parents can always choose not to buy the meals for their children, the hamburger giant said in a court filing late on Monday.

The lawsuit accuses McDonald's of unfairly using toys to lure children into its restaurants. The plaintiff, Monet Parham, a Sacramento, California mother of two, charges that the company's advertising violates California consumer protection laws.

The Happy Meal has been a huge hit for McDonald's -- making the company one of the world's largest toy distributors -- and spawning me-too offerings at most other fast-food chains.

One recent and very successful Happy Meal promotion was a tie-in with the popular DreamWorks Animation (DWA.O) film "Shrek Forever After." The meals included toy watches fashioned after the movie's characters Shrek, Donkey, Gingy and Puss in Boots.

My link

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yeah, my parents had the amazing ability to say, "No." And they also had the amazing ability to punish me if I kept insisting after they said, "No."

:huh:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Yeah, my parents had the amazing ability to say, "No." And they also had the amazing ability to punish me if I kept insisting after they said, "No."

Pray tell!

Where did they get these magical powers that you speak of?:noidea::rolleyes::laugh:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Oh no! Denny's and IHOP give crayons and paper for coloring. How evil. This ia a nuisance lawsuits and the judge should throw it out.

:thumbsup:

:24: :24: :24:

_________

______

___

Toys Are Evil

All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15

Air Is Bad

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Acts 17:24-28

Thanks To The Spin Masters

For the fool speaks folly, his mind is busy with evil: He practices ungodliness and spreads error concerning the Lord; the hungry he leaves empty and from the thirsty he withholds water. The scoundrel's methods are wicked, he makes up evil schemes to destroy the poor with lies, even when the plea of the needy is just.

But the noble man makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he stands. Isaiah 32:6-8 (NASB)

We've Been Had

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:5-7

_________

______

___

Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

One generation shall praise thy works to another,

and shall declare thy mighty acts. Psalm 145:3-4

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Pray tell!

Where did they get these magical powers that you speak of?:noidea::rolleyes::laugh:

:24:

"Mum says no, the end" works well in our house :laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Pray tell!

:24:

"Mum says no, the end" works well in our house :laugh:

:thumbsup: Seemed to work well in our house as well. Thing is there was no Mac anything, just the local burger joint. Man it was a treat to have one of those every few months when she eventually could not take the whining anymore :laugh: