God Bless you sister Nebula.:emot-hug::wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Seems we are hitting this topic a lot on the boards lately. So I will ask, how do you know if someone's dream/vision/experiences are of God?

"By their fruit"

Can one have good looking fruit and yet be in contradiction with the Word? (yes)

Absolutely.

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

God Bless you sister Nebula.:emot-hug::wub:

Thanks

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Exodus 20:

[4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

[5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

[6] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Jesus set you free...now some are critical of a beautiful scupture of God himself. When listening to the lady talk you can hear that love she has for Jesus. She didn't do this to bring glory to herself...she did because Jesus lead her to create it. It seems like a lot of sacrifice on her part...but she felt in her heart the need to please Jesus. And she did a magnificant job. And people find fault with this. I believe that is hardened hearts. Hardened hearts find fault and are critical of everything. Their purpose in life comes from finding negative in everything instead of focusing on the good in everything and everyone.

One time I made something just for Jesus. Just between me and him. My wife didn't know I was working on it. After I finished my wife was hollaring at me...come and look ...come and look...I ran to the porch and I didn't know it rained and there was this beautiful rainbow placed perfectly over our pasture. Most of you naysayers would say coincidence...maybe...but when I saw it...the Holy Spirit came over me...and brought me to tears. It was a loving moment between Jesus and myself and nobody can ever take it away from me. I believe in the supernatural and all things are possible with God.

So as much as folks want to be critical of everybody and thing, that is your choice. Just remember the following scripture about faultfinders and grumblers.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.[e] 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

Again if this is from Jesus, it seems all this negativity would be against him.

Don't use the bible to justify faultfinding and grumbling. Why don't u see any love in this story? Without love it is all meaningless, fill your heart with God's love, Read God's word in love, handle everything in LOVE. Life and death are meaningless without it. God is LOVE.

Edited by Press Forward

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have a question. In the old testament, God asked the Israelites to do certain things to remind them of important concepts for example the Lords Supper. Is it very different to create a monument to remember what Christ did for us? It is not like it is an idol. If the commandment to not make any graven images were taken in the way you are suggesting we would not have nativity scenes at Christmas or Christmas pageants or even photographs of our families. I think God means to not make statues to worship. I don't believe there is anything wrong with that woman's dream or her art.

The bible says to test the spirits. this is how you know if a persons vision or dream is from God. Does it match up with what the Bible says? what possible purpose could the devil have for asking a woman to create a sculpture of the crucifixion?

...now some are critical of a beautiful scupture of God himself.

Really? God Himself?

Romans 1

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,

23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man

I have a question. In the old testament, God asked the Israelites to do certain things to remind them of important concepts for example the Lords Supper. Is it very different to create a monument to remember what Christ did for us? It is not like it is an idol. If the commandment to not make any graven images were taken in the way you are suggesting we would not have nativity scenes at Christmas or Christmas pageants or even photographs of our families. I think God means to not make statues to worship. I don't believe there is anything wrong with that woman's dream or her art.

The bible says to test the spirits. this is how you know if a persons vision or dream is from God. Does it match up with what the Bible says?

What does the bible say?

Family photos do not fall into this catagory unless you're calling someone in that photo God or Jesus.

what possible purpose could the devil have for asking a woman to create a sculpture of the crucifixion?

Deception.

If he can get you to believe in your heart that these images are harmless, he has accomplished his mission. He has taken your focus off the Word....off the spiritual and caused you to focus on the physical.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

As one who has recently been drawing the visions the Lord has given me during worship services, I'm not going to argue this.

Believe or reject me as you wish.

Well Neb I don't doubt that what you describe could happen, and so long as it's not in contradiction to the Word then I have no reason to discount it. God bless sis.

That's what it's all about.

Far too many people misinterpret good intentions as good fruit.

And far too many also misinterpret good fruit for bad intentions

Far too many people misinterpret good intentions as good fruit.

And far too many also misinterpret good fruit for bad intentions

"Bad intentions" would mean that someone has deliberately set out to deceive. I don't believe that to be the case in the focus of the debates over the last few days. No one is saying these people are deliberately lying or being deceptive.

The only thing that has been done is their words were measured against what the bible states. We are specifically told to do that and that's what we did.

I'm not insisting that anyone believe anything I say. I would actually prefer that they check it out for themselves. I'm not the answer man because I have been known to be wrong. All I ask is if someone is going to dispute what I put forth, they do so using the Word. I don't believe that's an unreasonable demand.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

my heart is a stone.

Finally we agree on something. I've been there and done that. My heart was a stone. Paul's heart was a stone. Pretty much all reborn christians start out with hearts of stone. And we all used arguements similiar to yours. Fault finding and negative towards anything that didn't line up with what we thought the bible said. Pretty much everything I thought or said...I was wrong...after I was reborn.

To be truthful it is easy to find fault and be critical...in this world.....especially with the Holy Bible. It is kind of the easy way out. Try finding good or love in all people or situations, that is the real challenge and can be difficult but achieved.

I was severely rebuked by Jesus Christ himself...for always focusing on the negative and finding faults even with my loved ones let alone strangers. Never again for this boy. I'm telling you whether you believe it or not...your heading down the wrong path and if you are like me...it will take a severe rebuking...which will either make your more bitter...or turn u to a path of love