• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I was surprised to see a Republican Presidential debate on TV last night. I didn't see it all. But, my curiosity was struck by Herman Cain (Former CEO of Godfather Pizza). He handle himself well. Did some research and found a full speech given to CPAC recently. He is a rising star. I do not know enough about him to confidently say he is the man for 2012. But I know he has the communication skills to keep him in the game for the duration. That is good because I didn't see anyone on the horizon who really interested me. Did you see him? Have you heard him? What do you think? What have you heard?

Guest shiloh357

What I have seen so far of him, I like. I think he has a lot of good commonsense and I think he brings some good stuff to the table. Time will tell. I don't enough about him to back him as a candidate, but he is intelligent, articulate and polished. Unless something goes horribly wrong, I think he will make for a formidable candidate in the upcoming campaigns.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I was surprised to see a Republican Presidential debate on TV last night. I didn't see it all. But, my curiosity was struck by Herman Cain (Former CEO of Godfather Pizza). He handle himself well. Did some research and found a full speech given to CPAC recently. He is a rising star. I do not know enough about him to confidently say he is the man for 2012. But I know he has the communication skills to keep him in the game for the duration. That is good because I didn't see anyone on the horizon who really interested me. Did you see him? Have you heard him? What do you think? What have you heard?

i heard him speak on a local radion show. Sounds like a guy with a good head on his shoulders.

unfortunately he has not held any public office so it's NO political inexperience.

im sure we'll hear more of him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Maybe what we really need is someone who is not the Washington type! You know, the plain Ol' Joe, your neighbor ... someone who has been on both sides, and I'm not talking political party.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

He was VERY impressive at the debate last night. Was quick on his feet, and handled himself with poise.

Personally, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if he were to be the nominee, however. The establishment Republicans (the one's who actually choose the nominees) have a tendency to nominate "the next in line."

This year - Romney (or Huckabee) fits that bill.

I agree that his star is rising, however. Maybe he'll get the VP slot, or a post in the next Republican Administration.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

He was VERY impressive at the debate last night. Was quick on his feet, and handled himself with poise.

Personally, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if he were to be the nominee, however. The establishment Republicans (the one's who actually choose the nominees) have a tendency to nominate "the next in line."

This year - Romney (or Huckabee) fits that bill.

I agree that his star is rising, however. Maybe he'll get the VP slot, or a post in the next Republican Administration.

Blessings!

-Ed

One of the main points why I cannot stand political parties. They choose for us.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I watched the entire Republican debate last night and was very impressed with Herman Cain. Most think that he easily won the debate. He's blunt - not wishy washy like most politicians - and he has common sense. I liked his answers and his communication skills. Frankly, I don't care that he hasn't served as a politician - that might be a bonus considering his other qualifications. Needless to say, I like him and plan to find out more about him.

Guest Butero

The debate was helpful to me in eliminating candidates as much as anything. I know I am not going to vote for Gary Johnson or Ron Paul. I won't support Johnson because he is pro-choice with regard to abortion and I won't support Ron Paul as long as he insists on callling inhanced interrogation of prisoners torture. I came out all the more solid in my support for Rick Santorum. As for Herman Cain, I was very impressed with him, so much so, I could see him as a good candidate for Vice President. His experience as a former CEO of Godfather's Pizza would be a real asset, considering the fact we need someone in the White House who understands something about budgets.

Watch for Mitch Daniels out of Indiana. If he enters the race, he will be the best, real contender against Osama - I mean Obama. OOPS, lost my delete/backspace keys.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Watch for Mitch Daniels out of Indiana. If he enters the race, he will be the best, real contender against Osama - I mean Obama. OOPS, lost my delete/backspace keys.

I don't really know much about Mitch Daniels - but what I HAVE heard (mostly on talk radio) has been negative.

Since you're from Indiana and probably know a lot more about him than most of us, what do you see that he brings to the table that some of the others don't?

Blessings!

-Ed