• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1961

What do the Messianic Jews think of the New Testament? humm.

First, let me preface my response by pointing out that I do not consider myself a Messianic believer. I would say that I am a born-again Christian who follows the Hebraic Roots movement . . . like Perry Stone - http://www.voe.org

The Hebraic roots movement is really an effort to restore something back to the Church that was stolen from us – our Spiritual Legacy. It is a movement to return back to the early church, without it’s anti-Semitic replacement theology rhetoric.

Messianic believers all believe in and love the New Testament, but prefer instead to call it the Renewed Covenant. Remember, that is all there was at first was Messianic believers – Jews who believed that Yahushah MashiYah was their MashiYah. Some Torah Observant Messianic believers have a problem with the Apostle Paul, but this is a fringe group and would represent less than one percent of all those who would qualify themselves as Messianic. The one troubling thing I personally find about some of the Messianic congregations is they would use the Oral Law, i.e. Talmid, Madrash, etc. However, I would estamate this group to make up less that 10 percent of the movement

eprom - Would you provide your evidence for your claim?

Another good resource for those interested in the Sacred Name discussion is:

http://www.name-above-every-name.com/

Eprom, with all due respect, I do not have the time to read through these links. Can you not give a simple summary?

For the record, everything I've heard about "the Sacred Name" gives me the impression it is a cult movement. So, that doesn't help.

I'll give it a shot. The summary that is . . .

Let's start with the Father's name:

Point 1) Biblical Hebrew is not the Hebrew the Old Testament scriptures were recorded in. This is why I posted the link to the Ancient Hebrew Research Center (Great resource by the way). Biblical Hebrew comes down to us via the Rabbinic Jews, and the vowel points they added to their Aramaic version of the Old Testament scriptures about a thousand years ago (let's say 1000 - 1400 years ago). So, when the Masoretic scribes added these vowel points, they changed the Tetragrammation in order to obscure it, as it was part of their tradition not to speak or write the sacred name.

Point 2) Ancient Hebrew follows different rules! There are 5 vowels for example in Ancient Hebrew, where as the Biblical Hebrew/Aramaic has no vowels.

Point 3) Four of the Five vowels used in Ancient Hebrew are employed in the Tetragrammation. I fact, Flavius Josephus stated that the Tetragrammation consisted of four vowels.

Point 4) We also know from all the Theophoric Names (ie - names in scripture that contain God's name Yah or Yahu) that the first three letters of the Tetragrammation should be pronounced as Yahu, or Yah-oo, pronouncing the double o in the same way we would pronounce moon or noon.

Point 5) this leaves us with one final letter, the second Hey, which is always pronounced as "ah" at the end of Ancient Hebrew words, giving us the Father's name as "Yah-oo-ah" or as I would spell it out, Yahuah.

There are a further 7 different Historic and Archaeological proofs for the phonetic articulation of Yahuah reviewed at the link http://www.name-above-every-name.com

Let me know if you think this is an appropriate explanation for why I would pronunce of the Father's name Yahuah, and I'll move on to explaining why I believe the son's name should be pronounced "Yahushah"

Considering the sear volume of scripture dedicated to exhorting God’s people: to remember His name, to set apart His name, to revere His name, and to cry out to His sacred name for deliverance, it often seems surprising to me to discover how indifferent so many Christian’s are to this message. Added to this quantitative measure of scripture on this topic, is the force of weight so many of these passages bring to bear on this topic. God’s word is unambiguous and absolutely compelling in this matter and yet, we find astonishing over and again, obstinate objection from so much of the church. You would think the church would at least understand why we hold the conviction we do toward God’s sacred name, but instead we find vitriol and poisonous attacks from much of the church, who willfully muster accusations of heresy and betrayal of the message of the gospel against those of us who only want to glorify and revere God’s sacred name out of our love for Yah and desire to obey His Living word. To those accusing critics, he following few examples are a bit of an embarrassment. Why do we want to call God by His one true sacred name? Because He commands it!

• Glory in His holy name; Let the heart of those who see Yahuah be glad. Ascribe to Yahuah the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him; Worship Yahuah in holy array. - 1Chronicles 16:10, 29
  • A Psalm of David. Bless Yahuah, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name. - Psalm 103:1
  • My holy name I will make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let My holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations will know that I am Yahuah, the Holy One in Israel. Therefore thus says Yahuah GOD, “Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for My holy name. - Ezekiel 39:7, 25
  • “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says Yahuah of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart. “Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it. “Then you will know that I have sent this commandment to you, that My covenant may continue with Levi,” says Yahuah of hosts. “My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him as an object of reverence; so he revered Me and stood in awe of My name. - Malachi 2:2-5
  • Then those who feared Yahuah talked with each other, and Yahuah listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared Yahuah and honored His name. “They will be mine,” says Yahuah Almighty, “in the day when I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him.” - Malachi 3:16–17

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

What about Yahweh? How many different names does God have? Which one is the original? I have started calling Jesus Yeshua a lot now.

Eprom, I couldn't agee with you more about us christians going back to the roots! We are spiritually related to the Jews, Yeshua was/is a Jew. I do not believe in 2 different covenants or 2 different families, I think we are all one family, the Jews just don't realize that Yeshua IS their savior! He came for them first!

Israel is so special, and they don't even realize it! When they hear the word Jesus Christ, they think "Christian God", when they hear the word church, they think of "Christian persecution of the Jews", we need to approach them in a way that lets them know that Yeshua is their Messiah, He came for them! And instead of saying church, we should say Following of Yeshua.

There need to be more Christians reaching out to the Jewish community. I believe Israel's blindness will be lifted before Jesus comes back, they will receive Him.

Just my 2 cents!

Shalom!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

What about Yahweh? How many different names does God have? Which one is the original? I have started calling Jesus Yeshua a lot now.

Eprom, I couldn't agee with you more about us christians going back to the roots! We are spiritually related to the Jews, Yeshua was/is a Jew. I do not believe in 2 different covenants or 2 different families, I think we are all one family, the Jews just don't realize that Yeshua IS their savior! He came for them first!

Israel is so special, and they don't even realize it! When they hear the word Jesus Christ, they think "Christian God", when they hear the word church, they think of "Christian persecution of the Jews", we need to approach them in a way that lets them know that Yeshua is their Messiah, He came for them! And instead of saying church, we should say Following of Yeshua.

There need to be more Christians reaching out to the Jewish community. I believe Israel's blindness will be lifted before Jesus comes back, they will receive Him.

Just my 2 cents!

Shalom!

Since I am a English speaking gentile I say, Jesus, not Yeshua; as well as Christ, not Messiah, and I don't change the "o" in God for a dash, since God is an Anglicized word for some of God's real names. If other of my Gentile believers wish to do those things who am I to say that it is wrong.

Just my 2 cents!

Shalom!

Since I am a English speaking gentile I say, Jesus, not Yeshua; as well as Christ, not Messiah, and I don't change the "o" in God for a dash, since God is an Anglicized word for some of God's real names. If other of my Gentile believers wish to do those things who am I to say that it is wrong.

Amen~!

~

Beloved, You See The Thing About Some Jews Is They Are Always Trying To Please G-D

Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.

Ye shall not do so unto the LORD your God. Deuteronomy 12:2-4

Jews do not casually write any Name of God. This practice does not come from the commandment not to take the Lord's Name in vain, as many suppose. In Jewish thought, that commandment refers solely to oath-taking, and is a prohibition against swearing by God's Name falsely or frivolously (the word normally translated as "in vain" literally means "for falsehood").

Judaism does not prohibit writing the Name of God per se; it prohibits only erasing or defacing a Name of God. However, observant Jews avoid writing any Name of God casually because of the risk that the written Name might later be defaced, obliterated or destroyed accidentally or by one who does not know better. http://www.jewfaq.org/name.htm

And When They Finally Get G-D Right, When They Finally See Jesus IS Yeshua, IS Salvation

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. James 5:39

Well

Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

Then thou shalt remember thy ways, and be ashamed, when thou shalt receive thy sisters, thine elder and thy younger: and I will give them unto thee for daughters, but not by thy covenant.

And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: Ezekiel 16:60-62

Katy Bar The Door

For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15

Here Comes The KING Of KINGS

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

Eprom, I couldn't agee with you more about us christians going back to the roots! We are spiritually related to the Jews, Yeshua was/is a Jew. I do not believe in 2 different covenants or 2 different families, I think we are all one family, the Jews just don't realize that Yeshua IS their savior! He came for them first! Israel is so special, and they don't even realize it! When they hear the word Jesus Christ, they think "Christian God", when they hear the word church, they think of "Christian persecution of the Jews", we need to approach them in a way that lets them know that Yeshua is their Messiah, He came for them! And instead of saying church, we should say Following of Yeshua. There need to be more Christians reaching out to the Jewish community. I believe Israel's blindness will be lifted before Jesus comes back, they will receive Him.

To quickly answer your question, I believe the correct phonetic utterance is Yahuah - which is actually very close to Yahweh. I would just use the vowel form of the Ancient Hebrew letter waw, instead of the consonant form as found in the Yahweh pronunciation.

What you say is true, but to me, it's more about re-claiming something that was stollen from us. There is a drama that happened in the early church that is rarely reflected on. When Constantine made Christianity a state religion in Rome, he placed all the priests and Bishops in positions of power who had been loyal to Rome by handing over Christians and Christian scriptures to the Roman authorities. The Doniton church in North Africa objected, suggesting that these leaders were apostate and unfit for leadership. Constantine in turn sent troops to North Africa to murder and disperse the Doniton church leadership. The Roman Catholic church then went through one ingrafting of paganism after another and the names we now use for the savior are vestiges of that era where the purposes of the true church were sown with weeds of paganism.

The word Jesus is an altered variant of Old English word Iesus - in fact the 1611 King James bible didn't have any letter "J"s at all. Iesus was a transliteration of the Greek word Iesous, which is an altered variant of the ancient Greek word Ihsous used in the Septuagint. Ihsous was a transliteration of the Hebrew word Yahushah (Strong's H3091) or Joshua, which means "Yah" is salvation. So the term Jesus is a really just a contorted non-translation that really doesn't mean anything. But it comes from the Hebrew term that only has one letter difference from the Fathers name Yahuah and means Yah is salvation. So when the Son says in the Gospel of John that He came in the Father's name, he really did come in the Father's name.

Christ does mean "to anoint" and that is why it was used to translate the term MashiYah. But it refers to anointing a diseased portion of skin or a wound with medical ointment. What is disconcerting about this term is that it was a medical practice at that time that was absolutely intertwined with mysticism & magic (which-craft). Also, it is the term given to Mithrais, as in Christ Mithrais or good Mithrais. The Mithraic cult was the religion of the Roman aristocracy and the Roman army at that time. In fact Mithrais burthday was celibrated on December 25 and the Vatican now resides over top of a Mithraic temple.

MashiYah on the other hand refers to the anointing of one's head - unto kingship. It refers to the specific king/priest role that "The MashiYah" would assume as the king of Israel and Chief Priest (Melchizedek) over the church. This word should have never been translated, but is all part of how our true spiritual legacy and connection to Israel was stollen from us.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Same here. :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Being that you do not know me, Eprom, let me tell you that I honor HaShem - יהוה , so to prevent laughter maybe you should embed your video next time, Welcome to the board, and thank you for saying that I am light-hearted, I believe I am also.

FYI - video's need to be submitted to the proper video forum for the Moderation Team (Servants) to review. Embeded video's outside the video's forums will be removed.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Same here. :)

:101: