• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Guest LadyC

without a lot of prayer, this bill will never pass. we need the prayer warriors all over the country to be lifting this one up!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1987

without a lot of prayer, this bill will never pass. we need the prayer warriors all over the country to be lifting this one up!

I will only be praying for its failure. For elementary students only, I would probably agree. But don't most schools start sex ed these days in middle school? I had my first sex ed class in sixth grade. If we are going to teach sex ed, we need to give Full story. Pretending something doesn't exist doesn't make it so...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:taped:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I will only be praying for its failure. For elementary students only, I would probably agree. But don't most schools start sex ed these days in middle school? I had my first sex ed class in sixth grade. If we are going to teach sex ed, we need to give Full story. Pretending something doesn't exist doesn't make it so...

Byron, are you going to engage with us on this topic or not? I will respond to your reply, but only if you promise not to run off when we get down to the hard questions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I'm praying with you LadyC, I feel sex ed shouldn't be taught in any school. I feel sex ed should be taught in two places, in the home and at Church, where it would be done properly. If my child were to come home and say a teacher said being gay is okay, I would be in that school, giving a teacher a piece of my mind. Parents should have control on what their children are taught.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

:taped:

exactly -___-

Edited by xequedox

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I'm praying with you LadyC, I feel sex ed shouldn't be taught in any school. I feel sex ed should be taught in two places, in the home and at Church, where it would be done properly. If my child were to come home and say a teacher said being gay is okay, I would be in that school, giving a teacher a piece of my mind. Parents should have control on what their children are taught.

And if children don't receive it in either of those places, where will they receive it? Plenty of parents don't give their children sex education and very few churches actually have a thought out sex education programme.

As to homosexuality well it's a reality in all societies, even I'm sure in Tennessee, so what is achieved by ignoring it. I have a niece with a transgender parent, it's something she can't ignore and it's something those she's at school with have to have some understanding of if they are to be able to relate to her in a normal way. I don't want to see her or children with gay parents or families bullied for being odd.

As to giving gay friendly teachers a piece of your mind, if your child came home and told you he/she was homosexual. Would you want them to be in a school environment where that was a topic that could never be mentioned, something just treated as a dirty secret?

Guest LadyC

when i was in school, sex ed was totally different. in fifth grade, the boys and girls went into separate rooms (an auditorium for one, the lunchroom for the other) and the girls saw a film that explained menstrual periods and the changes they should expect in their bodies. to this day i don't know what the boy's film was about, other than their own bodily changes. that was the extent of sex ed until high school, and even then, we didn't learn near what they're taught today.

it's not necessary for people to be discussing sexual preferences, practices, or anything else at that age.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

midle school age is a very confusing time. The kids have their "best friend", they are very close and would die for each other, it is normal and healthy. If we start teaching them about homosexuality they may question their feelings towards the best friend. They may believe that they are gay when they are not. Too much publicity, the same with suicide, the more the press talk about the more it is happening. When my son's friend killed himself the school did not let them do a fundraising. A jar was put in the office and money was donated. The school did not let them sell t-shirts or other items to make money. Too much talk turns into propaganda. Better to teach the basic principle os respect for each other.