• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Do any of you have a temper that occasionally bubbles to the surface, and how do you deal with it?

And before you start thinking...... Very, very seldom, and never directed at a person or animal, but sometimes an inanimate object.

Like today, having the satisfaction of seeing my desk telephone bouncing off my office wall......

Hey, I prayed for forgiveness, but it felt soooo good at the time.....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Been there and done that brother.:taped: However, I find the prodding of the Holy Spirit to be quite effective. Like last week when my flesh wanted to do things it used to do ten years ago at work. (I'm good at putting folks in their place:b: ) The Holy Spirit stopped me dead in my tracks and reminded me that when our Lord was being persecuted and questioned He never said a Word.:wub:

We can stifle the Spirit though and ignore His warnings. Which I am guilty of as well.:b: Then our problem will increase rather than be alleviated.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Not to hijack the thread but what's a desk telephone? You meq they are not all mobile

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

Would probably have to dig deeper to find the source of your anger first.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Oh I know the source. It's quite simple really. And just so you know, my staff never see me angry. I treat everyone with the grace demanded of us, no matter who they are or what I am feeling.

At the moment, sheer work pressure. Like today for instance, started at 8am and finished at 9.30pm. Cell phone provider cut off my service for no reason, I am organizing an event for Sunday (yep, I am working on Sunday as well (last week and the week before an 11 day national holiday because of how easter fell (three days leave got you 11 off). I worked 6 to 7 or 8 at night, and was run off my feet, while the rest of the organization was on leave.

So I phone the cell company from the land-line and get 11 different options to answer. I choose 1. After 5 minutes the phone cuts off, I try again, same thing. I have a dozen people I have to call, and a dozen more things I need to do, and I don't have a phone I can use out in the field where I need it. After the 6 or 7th attempt on the land-line, some recorded voice asks me for my pin number. I don't have one to give, so they can't help me. Deadlines are whooshing past. People are waiting for me to call.

So I ripped the phone out and threw it against the wall.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1989

ive had this angry toward tvs. i feel like they have brainwashed and secluded people/families from each other. i went through a stage where i would imagine cutting all the cords to all the tvs in the house. i had a very nice flat screen 40-50in tv.. i was dealing with a lot of repetitive nonsense with my boyfriend and for about a month or two i told him if the crap continued that the tv was going to get it! finally, one day he ticked me off and this time i was standing next to the tv and i threw it off the table and stepped on the screen. it didnt feel half as good as i thought it would, but i think thats partially because i didnt do half of what i imagined doing to it. i think my parents still have it somewhere in their house, and i do think about it occasionally and think about just smashing it to smithereens. :noidea:

most of the time i snap at people when i feel an attitude, definitely something i need to work on.

Guest shiloh357

Not to hijack the thread but what's a desk telephone? You meq they are not all mobile

Yeah, in Fez's world they just caught up with 1982. :P

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Before I was saved, my temper was set at hair trigger ALL the time.....I know how you feel, fez, because I've thrown pretty much everything that's throwable but, unlike you, I DID unleash my rage on other people. Since I came to the Lord in earnest though I am able to control my anger most of the time and pray for strength when I need to. We are weak mortals and we will stumble.

Don't beat yourself up over this, just ask the Lord to forgive you and for help in managing your anger. :)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

ive had this angry toward tvs. i feel like they have brainwashed and secluded people/families from each other. i went through a stage where i would imagine cutting all the cords to all the tvs in the house. i had a very nice flat screen 40-50in tv.. i was dealing with a lot of repetitive nonsense with my boyfriend and for about a month or two i told him if the crap continued that the tv was going to get it! finally, one day he ticked me off and this time i was standing next to the tv and i threw it off the table and stepped on the screen. it didnt feel half as good as i thought it would, but i think thats partially because i didnt do half of what i imagined doing to it. i think my parents still have it somewhere in their house, and i do think about it occasionally and think about just smashing it to smithereens. :noidea:

most of the time i snap at people when i feel an attitude, definitely something i need to work on.

Funny how 2 different countries can have the same phone company to deal with - and soo many miles away!! Are their customer service people in the orient perhaps??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Oh I know the source. It's quite simple really. And just so you know, my staff never see me angry. I treat everyone with the grace demanded of us, no matter who they are or what I am feeling.

At the moment, sheer work pressure. Like today for instance, started at 8am and finished at 9.30pm. Cell phone provider cut off my service for no reason, I am organizing an event for Sunday (yep, I am working on Sunday as well (last week and the week before an 11 day national holiday because of how easter fell (three days leave got you 11 off). I worked 6 to 7 or 8 at night, and was run off my feet, while the rest of the organization was on leave.

So I phone the cell company from the land-line and get 11 different options to answer. I choose 1. After 5 minutes the phone cuts off, I try again, same thing. I have a dozen people I have to call, and a dozen more things I need to do, and I don't have a phone I can use out in the field where I need it. After the 6 or 7th attempt on the land-line, some recorded voice asks me for my pin number. I don't have one to give, so they can't help me. Deadlines are whooshing past. People are waiting for me to call.

So I ripped the phone out and threw it against the wall.

Oh yeah, the old dialing the numbers routine, that can really make the temperature boil, because you would like to speak to a real person. Then to make matters even worst, when you finally get to a real person, you can't understand that person because they are from some country like India and they speak very little English. That my friends is when the phone has a good chance of meeting the wall. Yep! been there, done it and I have a T-shirt of it.

Most anger is a result of some kind of stress. I use to go to a skeet range to relieve my stress, when that clay bird took off, I put the shotgun bead on it and bang, that clay bird turned into wee little pieces of clay and it felt so good. Hey it is beats squeezing a little rubber ball for stress relief. :laugh: