• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

Colossians 3:1 If then you were raised together with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated on the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, our life, is revealed, then you will also be revealed with him in glory.

Romans 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. 2 Don

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

I cain't. I relate. Often there are things others can do better, but what if they don't step up? Over the last 14 months, I have felt God wants me to be involved in an issue in my valley that is basically political. It is a proposal to put 500 acres of solar panels on beautiful farmland, right by neighborhoods.

I am kind of shy, didn't know zip about solar energy or environmental review or politics. My motivation was that local people were profoundly upset, for the usual NIMBY reasons, but probably the deepest reasons are the degradation of a beautiful place, and the disruption of our friendly country way of life. There didn't seem to be anybody to do anything, so I started doing things. In prayer, it seemed clear that I'm supposed to. So now there is an organization, tax issues, petitions, ... I don't know what I'm doing. My motivation flags, I get tired of it, don't have time to do my own stuff. I wish there was somebody else who could do it better. I wish I could quit. But I guess when it's time to quit, something will happen to make it clear.

It challenges my shortcomings, especially being patient with people, being tactful, all that sort of thing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

We are children of God, so we are to reflect His holiness. We cannot walk in holiness apart from Him, because it's Holy Spirit that gives us the power to walk in Holiness. We are called to live righteously, and walk holy in Him. THis can only happen when we are pursuing a deeper intimacy with our Lord. When we fall in love with the Lord, we tend to get away from the things that separate us from Him.

We are all sinners saved by the blood of Jesus, none of us is righteous. This, though, cannot be an excuse to sin. We have the power that rose Jesus from the grave living inside of us, and in Him we are to walk and live a holy life lead by the Spirit. If we continue to walk in sin, we are not following Him.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I see what you are saying thIbill , we change our lives to establish the things that touch us. When God saved us the things that touch us changed....Praise you sweet Lord God Almighty !!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

What do you owe God?

Everything.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I cain't. I relate. Often there are things others can do better, but what if they don't step up? Over the last 14 months, I have felt God wants me to be involved in an issue in my valley that is basically political. It is a proposal to put 500 acres of solar panels on beautiful farmland, right by neighborhoods.

I am kind of shy, didn't know zip about solar energy or environmental review or politics. My motivation was that local people were profoundly upset, for the usual NIMBY reasons, but probably the deepest reasons are the degradation of a beautiful place, and the disruption of our friendly country way of life. There didn't seem to be anybody to do anything, so I started doing things. In prayer, it seemed clear that I'm supposed to. So now there is an organization, tax issues, petitions, ... I don't know what I'm doing. My motivation flags, I get tired of it, don't have time to do my own stuff. I wish there was somebody else who could do it better. I wish I could quit. But I guess when it's time to quit, something will happen to make it clear.

It challenges my shortcomings, especially being patient with people, being tactful, all that sort of thing.

Wow - prayers for strength be yours!

I can see how the Lord is using this to grow and stretch you. But having been there I can understand how frustrating and scary it is.

If it helps, keep before you your reason - love for the people you are doing this for.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

Anybody can live holy by changing a few things in their live? If anybody can do it then why were you not living holy prior to salvation, why do you even need the Life of Christ? Also, what do you consider "living holy"?

You have asked a question that any Holy Ghost filled Christian knows the answer to and, for that reason, I amazed you have asked. First, and most assertively, yes, anyone can come to Jesus and just as Rom. 10:9,10 explain it, call on His name in belief and you will be saved. Anybody can do that! Now for the silly question. I was not living a Holy life because I was submerged in my sin and was refusing to repent. And Iĺl finish up with what is often mislabeled as the subjective question. The Holy life is explained in the scriptures I used for my reference point. If you are saved it would have begun the day you were saved... if you were not quenching the Holy Spirit. It involves Repentance, submission and obedience.