The Apostate Church

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I am not claiming that I know much about the apostate church in fact it is pert near nothing. It is just a subject that I've had know interest in and that is shame on me for neglecting it.

So feel free to share your knowledge concerning the apostate church.

However my question is............................

"Can the apostate church be saved ?"

Thank you for your replies and knowledge you have to share.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I am not claiming that I know much about the apostate church in fact it is pert near nothing. It is just a subject that I've had know interest in and that is shame on me for neglecting it.

So feel free to share your knowledge concerning the apostate church.

However my question is............................

"Can the apostate church be saved ?"

Thank you for your replies and knowledge you have to share.

Anyone can be saved, but the process is a one on one process with the Lord.

Anyone not "hot" is either lukewarm or cold, and the danger of being spit out by the Lord is very real. In order to negate this possibility, the apostate church has come up with many doctrines of devils that tickle the ears by effectively removing the possibility that the Lord might reject anyone based on their works, even though the bible is very clear on this matter.

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I agree with AnotherTraveler. Anyone can be saved - Jesus Himself said so:

"All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no way cast out." (John 6:37)

:thumbsup:

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:26-27

I agree that anyone can be saved even the vilest of sinners. I am left with the question...................."What is an apostate church ?" I looked up the word........"apostate"........in the bible and it was not found in the scripture........" I also looked the word "apostate" up in the websters dictionary and the definition was..........a person who fosakes his religion, cause, faith, party, ect. , I do believe that if a person can walk away from their faith, then they can also walk back into their faith by choice. From what little knowledge I do know it seems that there is a lot of people who believe in an apostatate church. In those who do believe in the apostate church, all share the same belief, "that no one can be saved." Apostle Paul cautioned the people to stay on guard and to remain strong in their faith so that they themselves would not be deceived. Paul walked before them as an example and persisted that the believers would remain an example to the faith. The reason some people believe an apostate can't be saved is because God's Spirit has departed from them so there is no one to convict them of their sins.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

I think people get hung up on the question of "Can they be saved?" and the answer is Yes, of course they can be saved. The meat of the matter is although yes they can be saved they have to choose to be saved. There is going to be (an probably already are) a lot of people that will "fall away" to an apostate church due to harden hearts, following false doctrine / leaders, bitterness etc. Those people could be saved but they will choose not to be just like everyone else that isn't saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I agree that anyone can be saved even the vilest of sinners. I am left with the question...................."What is an apostate church ?" I looked up the word........"apostate"........in the bible and it was not found in the scripture........" I also looked the word "apostate" up in the websters dictionary and the definition was..........a person who fosakes his religion, cause, faith, party, ect. , I do believe that if a person can walk away from their faith, then they can also walk back into their faith by choice. From what little knowledge I do know it seems that there is a lot of people who believe in an apostatate church. In those who do believe in the apostate hchurch, all share the same belief, "that no one can be saved." Apostle Paul cautioned the people to stay on guard and to remain strong in their faith so that they themselves would not be deceived. Paul walked before them as an example and persisted that the believers would remain an example to the faith. The reason some people believe an apostate can't be saved is because God's Spirit has departed from them so there is no one to convict them of their sins.

but the author of the book of hebrews pulls no punches about this:

Hebrews 6:6

. . . . and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

Openly Curious:

I agree that anyone can be saved even the vilest of sinners. I am left with the question...................."What is an apostate church ?" I looked up the word........"apostate"........in the bible and it was not found in the scripture........" I also looked the word "apostate" up in the websters dictionary and the definition was..........a person who fosakes his religion, cause, faith, party, ect. , I do believe that if a person can walk away from their faith, then they can also walk back into their faith by choice. From what little knowledge I do know it seems that there is a lot of people who believe in an apostatate church. In those who do believe in the apostate hchurch, all share the same belief, "that no one can be saved." Apostle Paul cautioned the people to stay on guard and to remain strong in their faith so that they themselves would not be deceived. Paul walked before them as an example and persisted that the believers would remain an example to the faith. The reason some people believe an apostate can't be saved is because God's Spirit has departed from them so there is no one to convict them of their sins.

Fraught::

but the author of the book of Hebrews, pulls no punches about this pulls no punches about this:

Hebrews 6:6

and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

1 In 1Thessalonians 4:1-12 it is speaking of the time when the Anti-Christ will be revealed and many will turn from the truth of God turning their faith over to signs and wonders the Anti-Christ will display. There will be strong delusion that people will follow after. Apostle Paul warned of these days that were coming in the days ahead and for to stay strong in the love of the truth. The anti-christ will come and those on the earth at that timewill have to make a choice to worship the beast and the anti-christ . And all who don't worship and do not take the "mark" of the beast will be saved for not doing so. All who do worship the beast and do take his "mark" will belong to Satan and so on..............Even though being in the latter-days and in those days one can be saved or they can take the "mark" of the beast and be eternally damned.

Hebrews 6:6--If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame..........................Hebrews 10:29--34

Can you give me "examples" in "your life,"

Just what would you have to "do" to fall away?

What would you have to do to where you can't find repentance again example

What would you have to do to crucify the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame ?

Guest Butero

This is an interesting question. I don't think it is so much a specific thing you do that will cause you to become an apostate, and unable to come to repentance. I think it is a state you reach when you continue to move away from God for so long, you no longer feel the Spirit's presence, and God no longer convicts you when you sin. If there is no conviction, you won't seek forgiveness. It is not that you are really without hope. You could pray, but you won't. God's Spirit has completely left you because you have rejected him so long. The only hope for such a person would be if another Christian were to keep praying for that individual, that God would honor their prayers and perhaps continue to try to reach them? This is only opinion, but that is how I see it.