sachi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I say Halloween is a harmless diversion for kids. They know nothing about evil spirits and superstition.

Let them have fun. They'll be grown up soon enough.

:t2:

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I believe if you are going to call something "evil" to be shunned by Christians because it has pagan roots, then you are a hypocrite if you engage in anything that has pagan roots.

Check out the history of Christmas and Easter sometime. Both of them are quite scary. Paganism run rampant.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I say Halloween is a harmless diversion for kids. They know nothing about evil spirits and superstition.

Don't worry, Steve, they don't have to. As today's Halloween has NOTHING to do with some Druids 800 years ago. :t2:

I am looking forward to hearing from the anti-Halloweeners at Christmastime. 'Course, I won't hold my breath - none of them will answer me whether they color eggs, wear neckties, buy a baby a blue or pink gift etc etc.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Yes, Christians can particpate in Halloween. I believe Grown Ups make more a deal about and raise more hoop la about how bad all halloween is.

If you ask any child under the age of 13 Halloween is nothing more than going out and getting free candy from your neighbors.

Halloween cam about as a clebration and honor of the Saints who have gone one before us. However, like everything else that is set out to be a good thing it always seems to be get twisted and turned around.

If you don't clebrate it I respect that because it is not my job but God's job to judge. However, I'm always in desprate need of having a choclate fix and If I can get a trash bag full of chocalte for free from my neighbors I trust I will do it in a heart beat.

I have noticed with most churches now that they have a fall festival on halloween to be more politcally correct. However, the children under age of 13 get to dress up as Bible characters. Than instead of trick or treating they go trunk or treating in the church parking lot. Let me tell there are some pretty scary people kids can dress up in the Bible. The scariest one I met so far when I asked the boy who he was.... He replied I'm a unic. excuse my spelling but man that just hurts thinking about. oh the tourcher. I'm glad I don't have to be a unic.

Whatever you decide to do, do it, just don't condeem others for getting there free choclate fix till easter.

God Bless,

ray :D:D :a: :lightbulb: :a2: :sam: :t2: :music: :loveeyes: :t2:

:blues: :alien: :pirate: :glasses: :t2: :prayer

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I believe if you are going to call something "evil" to be shunned by Christians because it has pagan roots, then you are a hypocrite if you engage in anything that has pagan roots.

Check out the history of Christmas and Easter sometime. Both of them are quite scary. Paganism run rampant.

I know. :t2: Thank God we have CHRIST who cancels out all that pagan garbage. I am so thankful that my Christianity isn't a list of "don'ts", but the LIBERTY Paul spoke about that we have in Christ.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

It dates back to the Druids who would go from door to door along the English countryside and say "Trick or Treat." The "treat" they were demanding was the virgin daughter of the household who they would rape and sacrifice. If the owner of the home refused, the owner and all his household would be murdered. The murder of the whole household, maids, and pets included was the "trick."

Urban legends gone haywire. This is what happens.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Maybe Trick or Treating could be a plot that Satan has to makes all get fat and have rotten teeth from eating all that candy? :oww:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

However, the children under age of 13 get to dress up as Bible characters. Than instead of trick or treating they go trunk or treating in the church parking lot. Let me tell there are some pretty scary people kids can dress up in the Bible. The scariest one I met so far when I asked the boy who he was.... He replied I'm a unic. excuse my spelling but man that just hurts thinking about. oh the tourcher. I'm glad I don't have to be a unic.

:t2::D:D:t2:

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

So churches think it's okay to dress up and get candy, the problem lies when you start gathering it from your neighbours?

Guest Liv4Him2
Maybe Trick or Treating could be a plot that Satan has to makes all get fat and have rotten teeth from eating all that candy?  :oww:

:t2::):t2::):rofl:

So that's why I've put on a few extra pounds!!!! I just thought my hormones were out of whack ;)