• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

You know what irks me? Facebook statuses that start or end like this:

POST THIS MESSAGE IF YOU AGREE!

Or contain phrases like this:

I KNOW MANY WON'T HAVE THE COURAGE TO POST THIS.

Or any FB status that has a general tone that suggests that if you DON"T copy and paste the status you've seen, you must not have genuine belief or appreciation or be a self centered person with respect to some particular ideal.

DRIVES ME BATTY!

And yes, it must be in caps. And a copy and paste job. And don't forget the hearts <3 <3 <3

Please don't be offended if I don't copy and paste your status. I might agree with it, I might not. But I don't do group think.

COPY THIS STATUS TO YOUR FB STATUS IF YOU AGREE THAT GROUP THINK STATUS STATEMENTS ARE INANE.

COPY THIS STATUS TO YOUR FB STATUS IF YOU AGREE THAT GROUP THINK STATUS STATEMENTS ARE INANE.

Good post, I agree, but as a conservative, I like options, not single solutions, what else can I do if I agree?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I gave up Facebook to remain sane. Way too much drama.

I gave up Facebook to remain sane. Way too much drama.

I agree, with one exception. :thumbsup:

I listened to the testimony of others -- and never signed up on Facebook. It's because I don't do drama. :laugh:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Please don't be offended if I don't copy and paste your status. I might agree with it, I might not. But I don't do group think.

It's no different than chain letters sent through e-mail.

I only repost those things if I feel like sharing what it says, and I keep the "repost this" message only to show that it's a spread-around message. But I agree, the guilt trip is annoying.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I agree, but I do keep FB for one reason. I have a lot of friends from my time in missions all over the world, and since I live 5,000 miles away from my family, I keep in touch. If I don't know you, you are not on my facebook. I don't add random people and I do not let random people add me.

However, I do hate those status update things just as much!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I never fall for the guilt trips, either on FB or in emails. There is nothing more absurd to me than the messages I get that tell me to send it on to others (usually a specific number of others) including returning it to the one who sent it to me. :blink:

I get enough junk in my inbox without adding countless duplicates of the same email. If I like what's been sent, I'll forward it to whomever I like - AFTER I've removed the "forward this or else" part of the message. The same goes with FB status updates. I've reposted several, but then like others have mentioned, I don't do drama. None of my friends do, either. Well, none of my true friends. I use FB because I have family all over the place and it lets us keep in touch. I do not "collect" friends like so many others. If someone I accept a friend request from posts a lot of garbage, I either unfriend them or block their posts from view. This is mostly an issue with the youngest members of my family, or the kids of good friends. There is one older woman, though, who goes to my church that has started using the email I set up specifically for the church to let me know about changes and additions to our prayer list to forward Christian "chain" email. If she keeps it up, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call her on it.

In general, I have no complaints with my FB connections. But I absolutely will not be bullied or guilted into posting or reposting something.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1993

I don't ever have time for FB. :thumbsup: I'm too busy on here!