Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

This warning for Gods people was uttered in June of 09. Can we agree that these things have started to come to pass?

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/2009/03/urgent-message.html

The gifts within the Church, to include prophesying, are to be used for the edification of the Body

Lets understand the prophetic utterance within the Church for a moment though;

1Co 14:12

Even so you, since you are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that you may excel to the edifying of the church.

1Co 14:3

But he that prophesies speaks unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

Here Paul has stated that prophesying ought be done within the Church with the end goal of edification.

In this instance (David Wilkerson) the edification is to exhortation, (out of sluggishness) and comfort ( or consolation)

Which I believe has been done on both counts.:thumbsup:

What think ye?

peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

This warning for Gods people was uttered in June of 09. Can we agree that these things have started to come to pass?

http://davidwilkerso...nt-message.html

The gifts within the Church, to include prophesying, are to be used for the edification of the Body

Even so you, since you are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that you may excel to the edifying of the church.

But he that prophesies speaks unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

Here Paul has stated that prophesying ought be done within the Church with the end goal of edification.

In this instance (David Wilkerson) the edification is to exhortation, (out of sluggishness) and comfort ( or consolation)

What think ye?

peace,

Dave

I may have my head in the sand, yet again, but I haven't read, seen or heard of riots in the US and New York burning... Have I missed something in the news?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Tennessee,Missisippi River,Joplin,Missouri, Japan-and this is just the beginning.

What think ye?

peace,

Dave

I may have my head in the sand, yet again, but I haven't read, seen or heard of riots in the US and New York burning... Have I missed something in the news?

He also stated that those things would come, but that he didn' know when. He stated that he'd been prophesying the stuff about the riots and the burning for over ten years. That was not new and I believe he meant that those things were a progressive thing.

What he did say is that we are not in an economic recession, but that we are already under Judgment. He also declared why.

What is your opinion of that portion?

Do you believe that his prophecy is edifying? If not, why not?

peace,

Dave

What think ye?

peace,

Dave

P.S. Memorial Day weekend there were various outbreaks of public violence reported across the Nation. This past weekend there were violent mobs randomly attacking people in Chicago. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

P.S. Memorial Day weekend there were various outbreaks of public violence reported across the Nation. This past weekend there were violent mobs randomly attacking people in Chicago. :thumbsup:

I had not heard of these.

I had not heard of these.

Yes, mostly young dissafected mob violence. Some racial too. I believe there were major disturbances in Chicago, Baltimore, Florida (Miami), Boston, and NY.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes, mostly young dissafected mob violence. Some racial too. I believe there were major disturbances in Chicago, Baltimore, Florida (Miami), Boston, and NY.

Peace,

Dave

That is news to me too wow I did not know.

Anyway, back to your question about the message being edifying I do believe it is. I especially found the part about we can take flight like birds or stand in the comfort knowing God's in control of these judgements and trusting in God to deliver us to very uplifting and comforting at the same time. And yes I do believe these times will only get harder because of our wickedness God is removing his hand of blessing from this nation and world. I also believe that worrying about food and provisions will only get you so far. I think the things we really should be worried about is the spiritual battle that is coming. We should be gearing up and making sure we have the full armor of God ready to use. If we are still here, God willing, we will be on the front lines.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1977

Extra-Biblical revelation is well, unbiblical.

Special revelation is, unbiblical.

Church age (Apostolic age) 'prophecy' is about professiong salvation thru attonement unto sanctification, to the Widows and Orphans and the Fatherless.

not dreams and visions of, 'thus saith the LORD' new revelations.

Come on, man. Any street corner palm reading gypsy can accuratly surmise a situation.

Oh yea, a doom and gloom future, yea, realllly deep and insightful.

Except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees,

ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Here's some prophecy off the top of my head:

The earth will wax old as doth a garment,

the lines of the earth are out of place,

in the last days, perilous times, men will wax worse and worse.

And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand

these things are the beginnings of sorrows as a woman in travail, things going from bad to worse with increasing frequency and intencity.

The Bible has already given fair warning, after warning, after warning, after warning, after warning ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

-jp

Edited by Botanist

Extra-Biblical revelation is well, unbiblical.

Special revelation is, unbiblical.

Church age (Apostolic age) 'prophecy' is about professiong salvation thru attonement unto sanctification, to the Widows and Orphans and the Fatherless.

not dreams and visions of, 'thus saith the LORD' new revelations.

Come on, man. Any street corner palm reading gypsy can accuratly surmise a situation.

Oh yea, a doom and gloom future, yea, realllly deep and insightful.

Except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees,

ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Here's some prophecy off the top of my head:

The earth will wax old as doth a garment,

the lines of the earth are out of place,

in the last days, perilous times, men will wax worse and worse.

And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand

these things are the beginnings of sorrows as a woman in travail, things going from bad to worse with increasing frequency and intencity.

The Bible has already given fair warning, after warning, after warning, after warning, after warning ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

-jp

Thanks for your input. I disagree wholeheartedly. In fact the scripture I offered refutes your argument.:thumbsup: