Gods_girl111

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

i have a lot of beliefs that are controversial, and i completely understand why. but in my walk with God, He has put things on my heart and when i talk to people about them, they try to shake my beliefs. but to deny my beliefs, in my case, would be like denying God Himself. i made an account on here a month or two ago because ive felt for a while God wants me to bring my understanding to other people. i know that my beliefs arent going to be understood, and some of them are hard to explain, so its taken me a while to start explaining my beliefs.

one thing people do is give me scripture that goes against my beliefs. one thing i believe is that Bible leaves some things out, and maybe even adds things. ive wondered for a long time why only matthew, mark, luke and john have gospels, but the other disciples dont. and then a month or so ago i was watching the history channel and there was a show on "the lost gospels" and how, whatever king/emperor is was, took out gospels from the Bible to fit how he wanted his world to be shaped. and this is something i strongly believe in.

i know God works in everyones lives differently and the beliefs Hes put on my heart arent meant for everyone to understand.

I have the book, "The Lost Gospels". It contains very gnostic teachings and does not flow with the rest of scripture. The Gospel of Judas proclaims that he is the one true disciple of Christ, stating that Jesus taught only him the truth of the good news, that God is is essentially unknowable and incomprehensible, that humans are themselves gods having the spirit of God in them. I highly suggest you know scripture very well before you venture into these writings.

i dont believe we are our own gods, but if you think about it, we are given the choice to make our own decisions. i dont think he meant that we are own gods in the way that we are all knowable, but that we determine our own destiny, at least thats how it would seem. yes, we make our own decisions, but God uses our choices to lead us to something good. God knows where He wants us to be, so He allows us enough time in this world to get to where He wants us to be. He knows our mistakes before we them, so He makes a way for us to prosper through them. but whether is flows with scripture or not, it was the ideas judas got from His personal walk with Jesus. and like ive said before, if we all believed the same thing, there would be no reason for this world, we would have gone straight to Heaven. this world was the only way God could separate our souls from sin. each one of us is different, and each will have our own path, but God will do what it takes to get us all home.

Yet, if we believe something that is against scripture, we are not following God, but our understanding. Even Satan can appear as an angle of light, deceiving His children with false teachings. Be very careful what you follow. You have given up the only compass God gave you if you turn your back on scripture. Even the Holy Spirit will not teach against scripture.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

this world was the only way God could separate our souls from sin. each one of us is different, and each will have our own path, but God will do what it takes to get us all home.

That just is not remotely scriptural. There is only one way to God, not multiple paths. Not everyone is called home. There will be unsaved folks. And this world is not how God separates sin from our souls. Jesus is how we are saved from sins.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1989

this world was the only way God could separate our souls from sin. each one of us is different, and each will have our own path, but God will do what it takes to get us all home.

That just is not remotely scriptural. There is only one way to God, not multiple paths. Not everyone is called home. There will be unsaved folks. And this world is not how God separates sin from our souls. Jesus is how we are saved from sins.

i understand Jesus is the only way home, but if it werent for this world then Jesus wouldnt have been needed. and if there is only one path, then why are we all doing something different?

i understand Jesus is the only way home, but if it werent for this world then Jesus wouldnt have been needed. and if there is only one path, then why are we all doing something different?

This world is fallen because of the sin of man. Because Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

People do different things because people naturally sin, naturally rebel against God. It is important for all of us to find the right path - Jesus.

This world is fallen because of the sin of man. Because Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

People do different things because people naturally sin, naturally rebel against God. It is important for all of us to find the right path - Jesus.

but if there is only one path, then how can any of us say we're saved? we're all going in different directions, even us who believe in Jesus. the one path, is the path that God lays out for YOU.

Guest Butero

Gods_Girl111, you said you felt like God wanted to share things he taught you. My belief is that whenever someone brings a teaching to me, whether it be controversial or not, I have to look at it in light of scripture to see if it matches up? If it does, then I will accept it. If not, I will reject it. That is how I know if it is really of God or not? God will instruct us through his Word. If you want us to accept something, it would help if you could back it up with scripture.

Guest Butero

but if there is only one path, then how can any of us say we're saved? we're all going in different directions, even us who believe in Jesus. the one path, is the path that God lays out for YOU.

We don't all agree on all points, but we agree on enough to be saved. We agree on the basics, that the wages of sin is death. We believe that Jesus came to pay the price for our sins by dying on a cross. We believe that he rose from the dead, and that through faith in him, we are saved. I am an evangelical, so I believe that the Bible is God's Word from Genesis to Revelation, and that it is innerant. Whatever it says is absolute truth. I don't believe people made mistakes when they wrote things down.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

one thing people do is give me scripture that goes against my beliefs. one thing i believe is that Bible leaves some things out, and maybe even adds things. ive wondered for a long time why only matthew, mark, luke and john have gospels, but the other disciples dont. and then a month or so ago i was watching the history channel and there was a show on "the lost gospels" and how, whatever king/emperor is was, took out gospels from the Bible to fit how he wanted his world to be shaped. and this is something i strongly believe in.

i know God works in everyones lives differently and the beliefs Hes put on my heart arent meant for everyone to understand.

Ok, so you read the bible as if someone, suggested by a TV program, took out what he did not agree with.

And you read the bible leaving out parts you do not agree with?

If we all did that can you see the mess we would be in?

Tell me why you believe this (so strongly as you state)? What proof are you working against? The History channel?

We can know we are saved when we believe in Jesus.

Ephesians 1

13 in whom also you, hearing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation, in whom also believing, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

14 who is the earnest of our inheritance, to the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

But for those who do not believe, they are lost. They will die lost in their sins unless they come to know Jesus.

Ok, so you read the bible as if someone, suggested by a TV program, took out what he did not agree with.

And you read the bible leaving out parts you do not agree with?

If we all did that can you see the mess we would be in?

Tell me why you believe this (so strongly as you state)? What proof are you working against? The History channel?

i have made one comment on the history channel and that was about the lost gospels. i have said numerous times that my beliefs have come from the way God has manifested in my life. i never said hell wasnt real and that no one goes there. hell is real, but its meant for satan and demonic spirits. no matter how much faith we have, as long as we're in this world, we have demonic spirits attacking us and some even living in us. no one here is perfect and sinless. our spirit which makes us live that God gave us, is what goes to Heaven. i dont not agree with things in the Bible, i just understand them differently, as everyone has their own understanding of it. people say something about a verse being "taken out of context" but when we take ANY verse out of its chapter or book, its being taken out of context. Jesus said to die to yourself and take up your cross. He did that LITERALLY, so why would we think that we should interpret that into anything less? if anything is possible with God, then.. anything is possible with God. if we had as much faith as a mustard seed, we could tell a mountain to move. Jesus had full faith and was able to heal people just by telling them they were healed. and it didnt stop with Jesus. i hear "its different times" and thats why we dont see miracles like that anymore. but after Jesus died and rose again, it was a different time and yet his disciples continued His work. what happened? people lost faith. the Bible says the only way to salvation is to lay yourself down and carry your cross. this was all forgotten for a reason and that was so the world could be shaped to fit the mold to lead to its end. if everyone understood this from the beginning, then there wouldnt be anyone to hang us on our cross. God has a plan and when the plan has been fulfilled then we will all be one. here we are ALL the body of Christ, even the unbelievers, without them, there would be no need for us who do believe. i dont have much scrpiture to back me up on anything, but God didnt want me to be filled with head knowledge of the Bible, He wants me to filled with His knowledge. and the same goes for everyone. if you get so caught up in what the Bible says, then youre getting filled with head knowledge and not leaving any room for God take you out the christian "box" and to do something extraordinary.

God isnt a book. john 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

God is THE word. God is EVERYTHING. Hes not just Him, Hes us. we are the body of Christ. not just the believers, EVERYONE. He is the light of ALL mand kind, and the darkness has NOT overcome it, no mater what!