• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

The heart of this matter still resides in the original struggle of satan and God over power or position... which we as His children know to be foolishness on satans part and resolve to not focus anything but to be a reminder ->Christ has rebuked you satan!

We know God is able to do anything

Matt 17:20-21

20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

NKJV

but the question remains why would we want to move the mountain... did not our Father put it there to start with? Why would we desire a thing to be done so much as to demand from God- when we cannot see into the very next minute that has not yet arrived? I have inside desires that sometimes show themselves to not be of the renewed man and so even my desires I may not trust when they first arrive to my mind! To stand so small in this infinite unbounded presence ... I find that power is the last thing I wish to yield except to my God who is able to do exceeding above all that I hope and need! I know I am a rambler and you all with grace put up with me-> thank you for your love!!! This being established in thought I wish to bring into the testing of the spirits which we are required to do!

1 John 4:1-3

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

NKJV

the most important relative aspect of this is that Christ came in flesh... He laid aside all His Power to be totally reliant upon His Father and Spirit to perform the miracles that He did but more importantly is His attitude in doing this-

Phil 2:6-11

6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

NKJV

to formed thinking this produces within me is this:

The power of our Father, Son and Spirit is perfectly kept in Their pleasure of use and I being fully convinced that its primary use has been to remove all doubt from whom our Word has come-> for it has testified that what is/ does not control itself/ but is manipulated to the the purpose of God's Glory which we all have seen born of Him! In these last of days do not gather to that which promises power but Love and those who find filled with this Love will find power to use it to The Glory of Him who has given that Love...

Love, Steven

God bestowed His spirit in us so that we have God's power (Eph 3.20) to do the works He did (John 14:12). All works are done out of love for His creation and to God's glory. Our loving God's desires for us is to be:

3 John1:2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers (satan wants it the other way). God is using faithful Christians, who believe, to do the works that He wants us to do. How would any Christian know if they had the gift of healing if they didn't step out in faith and lay hands on someone?

Jesus was teaching the disciples about the power of God Matthew 21:21 and the importance of faith and believing.

I find that power is the last thing I wish to yield

Even if commanded by scripture?

I have a great friend, 67 years old. She is a godly woman. I count on her for support and prayers . 5 years ago she was diagnosed with kidney disease. She is not a candidate for transplant. Today she has 15% of her kidney funtions, what qualifies her for the diagnose of end stage renal disease . Since she absolutely refuses dialysis she was put in hospice services. Let me tell you, it has been very difficult for me to respect her decision. Her argument is that if God wants her to live he will heal her kidneys if not it is because her time has come. I think that she believes that God will cure her. I don't want to go into questioning her decision, she is surrounded by bible based christian people and I know that they have discussed it with her . Some how I don't believe that today our God do miracles. I would love to change my thinking. What do you think?

Lori

GLORY BE TO GOD! We have a TRUE BELIEVER on our hands

Did Jesus tell us that he was not able to heal everyone whom had FAITH to be healed, and that we must seek Egypt for our healing? I think not!! I praise your friend for her faith, because without faith, it is impossible to please God. When you call on a mechanic to fix your car, do you bring backup? When you seek God to heal you, do you bring back up? That is what is wrong with Christianity, they have no faith in God. They ask God to heal them, then immediately go to a man to seek the things they can see to believe for them to heal, and when they appear healed the first fruit praise of their lips goes to the physician or medication/sorcery(Strongs Concordance) or something that they did.

The JUST shall walk by faith, meaning we are to believe God for all things BEFORE we will ever see them. Ungodly man must hear a man words that all is well or see a pill or medication to ingest in order to receive a counterfiet healing. For it is only by the Word that you can truly be healed. Dis-eases and sickness come due to sin. When you allow yourself to be tempted by the devil and you throw down the Rod/Word of truth, then the enemy comes to torment your mind with worries, fears, stress, anxieties and that is the cause of many of our diseases because God did not give us a spirit of fear and unbelief but one of power, love and of a sound mind.

The kingdom of God is about believing and looking to God and God alone for all our care, provison protection and health. Man believes mans words without question, before they will take God at His Word. If you read in the sunday paper that there is going to be a sale on something that you are needing. You don't question it by calling them up and say PROVE IT! You take them at their word and you just show up. That is the faith that God is looking for in us. Believe in what His Word says, that you receive what you ask for and you shall have what so ever you have put your trust and faith in Him for.

Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

KJV

We must have faith NOW, not only when Christ returns.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

KJV

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And THE PRAYER OF FAITH SHALL HEAL THE SICK, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

KJV

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18.They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.KJV

The enemy wants you to believe that healing in the name of Jesus is not for today, that it died off so that we will all perish, when healing was only a stand of faith away!

Jesus said that to preach the gospel of the kingdom of God on this earth to every creature, so this means show them the signs of the kingdom ways, even untill he comes and heal all those who will believe, speaking in tongues, no pesticides over prayed sanctified foods would harm you, release those captives of the devil who stay in the bondage of sinful behavior and cast out the unclean spirits who are subject to those who know who they are in Christ.

:thumbsup: Amen!. In the Gospels Jesus healed ALL out of compassion and love. Jesus wants us to do the same.

Are you saying the Lordc an only speak through Scripture verses to tell people to go minister to someone specific, like He did with Peter (to go to Cornelius' home) and Philip (telling him to approach the eunuch's chariot)?

You do not believe the Lord directs people this way anymore?

I don't see why He would need to. He tells us everything we need to know in our Bible. Everything that pertains to life and godliness. Can you show me from the Bible a verse that tells us we will need direct cerebral revelation when God has already told us about all things that pertain to life and godliness?

What I mean is something like this.

One of the men leading a Bible study I'm going to know shared about one time his children had a party and one of his sons did something he wasn't supposed to. This man became angry and harshly rebuked his son in front of his friends, including calling him an demeaning term. As he walked back up the stairs, the Holy Spirit spoke to him, "Go back down there - you were wrong!"

So he went back down and said to them all his need to apologize to them for saying what he did in front of them rather than speaking to his son privately and for the words he used, and then he asked his son for his forgiveness. The son responded something like, "Yeah Dad, whatever."

He found out later than night after he had walked back upstairs, one of the friends (who had a verbally .abusive father) turned to the son and said, "Can your dad get any cooler than that?"

Has the Lord ever convicted you like that?

If you mean do I know that He would be unhappy with something I did or did not do, then yes. In the case you were speaking of, I would remember what Solomon says in Proverbs 15:1 - "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." or "Be angry and do not sin..." Ephesians 4:26. God has revealed these things to me through His written word. Why would I need Him to go into my mind and say "Nuh uh! Not good!" if He's already told me? Please explain.

I fail to see how you can determine anything specific that needs to be dealt with.

Name things that are specific and I will show you what the Bible says on such matters. I cannot list every verse for every specific topic, so I listed the ones about the generalities that you mentioned. If you want ME to be more specific, be more specific yourself.

Are you saying the Spirit does not guide you?

Are you saying He guides me by speaking into my mind? Again, explain why He would do that when I have all the instruction I could possibly need already written in the Bible. He guides me by placing in my life the people and opportunities I need, and by allowing me to escape temptation.

Have you ever needed anything from God?

Are you saying He guides me by speaking into my mind? Again, explain why He would do that when I have all the instruction I could possibly need already written in the Bible. He guides me by placing in my life the people and opportunities I need, and by allowing me to escape temptation.

The way you speak is that you don't place any importance in the Holy Spirit???

John 16 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

TNM - we're just going in circles.

I do not believe you are hearing what I am saying any more than you believe I'm hearing what you are saying.

There's no use in us continuing this.

You go on delivering yourself from bondage. I'll keep believing for the Lord's hand in my life.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Joshua: It almost sounds like you're trying to have the two Scriptures contradict each other. Like I said, I'm not denying that miracles once existed. The point of this discussion, Biblically, is to discuss when those miracles will cease. 1 Corinthians 13 is the only chapter that mentions miracles ending. How about we discuss that?

Nebula: Only because you refuse to discuss Scripture, as if it's less important than your testimony. I keep directing you back to Scripture, YOU'RE turning around and going back to the "this is my testimony, let's talk about this, it's true because I believe it." road, when we both know that Scripture is the basis for truth regarding religion.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Joshua: It almost sounds like you're trying to have the two Scriptures contradict each other. Like I said, I'm not denying that miracles once existed. The point of this discussion, Biblically, is to discuss when those miracles will cease. 1 Corinthians 13 is the only chapter that mentions miracles ending. How about we discuss that?

Nebula: Only because you refuse to discuss Scripture, as if it's less important than your testimony. I keep directing you back to Scripture, YOU'RE turning around and going back to the "this is my testimony, let's talk about this, it's true because I believe it." road, when we both know that Scripture is the basis for truth regarding religion.

Yes, let's discuss "that which is perfect" ...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Alright lets go to 1st corinthians 13

The first part connects with verse 8, saying that tongues, prophecy, and knowledge are nothing without love.

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Then Paul lists the attributes of love.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Then he brings it to a conclusion. That Love will outlast prophecies, tongues, and knowledge which is tying into His first part. Now the part that we are on is when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part is done away with.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Now Paul gives us this clue to that which is perfect in the next verses. "When I was a child I spoke as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things." We are children in Christ, we have not reached the maturity of the fullness of Christ yet Eph 4:13. We see in a mirror dimly, meaning the Word of God James 1:22, but we will be face to face (Rev. 19:13.) when that which is perfect comes. Adding to that, Then He says that I know in part, but then I shall know just also as I am known. This is a big part, We all know in part, and we all still know in part. When we prophecy or speak in tonues, it's still in part, and our knowledge is still in part. But when that which is perfect comes, we shall know just as we are known. Notice Paul uses himself as the example, hoping for this time when he would reach "That which is perfect".

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Furhter adding to this point, we will be like Him.

1John 3: 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Paul closes the chapter with and now abide faith, hope, and love. Notice the difference between now and Then, Now I know in part, Then I shall know as I am known. Paul uses now for the next verse and not then.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Also keep in mind, he didn't write the letter in chapters, so the next verse is simular to the last verse on chapter 12.

1 Corinthians 14:1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

So his conclusion is that we should desire spiritual gifts, but only in the pursuit of love, connecting to the begining of chapter 13, "If I spoke with the tongues of angels, and have not love."

Therefore the context of "That which is perfect" is when we are made perfect in Christ. Which is a consistant theme and point in almost all of Pauls letters, and not the completion of scripture, or as you call it the revelation of God.

God bless brother.

Joel 2:28“ And it shall come to pass afterward

That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;

Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

Your old men shall dream dreams,

Your young men shall see visions.

29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants

I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

30“ And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:

Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,

And the moon into blood,

Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.

32 And it shall come to pass

That whoever calls on the name of the LORD

Shall be saved.

For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,

As the LORD has said,

Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Again, as I explained before, I know these things because I have been blessed by the rewards of a correctly lived life.

Ah......Law! Now I see where all this is coming from!

The majority of us live under Grace because a "correctly lived" life is impossible to live.

And with this I bow out of this converstation, there is no fruit here.

Blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/24/1959

Of course God still works miracles just as He has always done. They are recognized sometimes and other times they are not. As for your friend she most certainly can be healed by God but He may have other plans. Just because she doesn't get healed doesn't mean that God is not working miracles all over the world every day. In fact I can tell you for sure that God miraculously saved me from death in 1993 or I would not be here writing this to you right now. God is a miracle worker and operates beyond the natural. He always has been that way and always will be that way. Just as His word tells us, He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Revelation 14:13

Precious in the sight of the LORD [is] the death of his saints.

Psalms 116:15

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 8:18