IGNORED

A New Christianity?

oak

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:

but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:20-21

How did you know that you were saved ?

Fair enough question.

I have faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross, and (try to) live a life of obedience to Him. I am filled with His Spirit as evidence of this.

You need to receive the Holy Spirit and you will know this when you speak in tongues. Candice, you don't want to get this wrong otherwise you will spend eternity in the wrong place.

Well Dear One, It Is Written

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:11-13

And It Is Written

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Still It Is Written

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1

Jesus Saves

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

Gifts Won't

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 1 Corinthians 13:8

The

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:17

World Perishes

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

For Want Of Holy Food To Eat

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Revelation 2:17

Dying From Their Refusal To Drink From The Fountain Of Life

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. Revelation 21:6

For Salvation Is Of The LORD

But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. Jonah 2:9

Eat

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Won't You Believe

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

And Be Blessed Beloved

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Love, Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

~candice~,

Fair enough question.

I have faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross, and (try to) live a life of obedience to Him. I am filled with His Spirit as evidence of this.

You need to receive the Holy Spirit and you will know this when you speak in tongues. Candice, you don't want to get this wrong otherwise you will spend eternity in the wrong place.

You are wrong about this, but start a new thread I think......(as Candice suggests)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1957

Sadly, not just new Christianity but old Christianity brings with it several deceptions.

1. Telling others they are saved when they are not. The new christianity preaches a hybrid salvation message of part truth, part lie.

For example, that one is saved by "confessing with their mouth, believing in your heart". One can confess with their mouth and believe in their heart as much as they like, this does not guarantee salvation. All of Paul's letters were written to "saints", that is, they were saved already !! Romans 10:9 is irrelevant for someone wanting to obtain salvation !!

"give your heart to the Lord". Where does this statement occur in the bible ?

"accepting Jesus as Lord". You can accept Jesus as Lord as much as you like, but be totally unsaved.

Saying the "sinner's prayer". Where is this in the bible ?

Just believe. No. It's not enough to just believe. You must be born again.

2. The once saved alway saved concept

3. Ignoring the concept that their is a real lake of fire of eternal torment waiting for the unjust.

Many like to talk about love. But what about the "love of the truth" ?

This could very easily become 3 threads But the point is that not peaching the whole word is not good. While I do not agree with everything you said I agree that many things taught today are not in the Bible but are rather our present day idea of what it means without looking at the times, culture and people they were written to. Also understanding what the words meant at the time they were written.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

[

Yeah I agree with most of what you said (except Ro 10:9.... if you understand 'believe' in the hebraic mindset, it's totally different to our greek hellenistic mindset, and truly you are saved if you 'believe' the way we are supposed to understand that word) and definitely I do not buy into OSAS but this seems to be OT. Why not start a new topic about Ro 10:9 or OSAS and go from there?

I think the problem with this New Christianity idea might not be about lies, but it doesn't tell the whole truth. I think Romans 10:9 might be an example of not preaching the whole truth, when speaking of scripture.

Romans 10:9

King James Version (KJV)

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

I'm sure we have all heard during a Sermon that we must confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, but how many times have we heard we must believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead? I'm just guessing, but I would say it is 20 - 1, least it seems that way.

Side Note: Happy 4th Of July Everybody

Candice I know you folks don't celebrate the 4th of July (it's a USA thing), but have a happy 4th of July anyway. :) In my neck of the woods it is a beautiful sunny day, hope it is there too.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

Yesterday our new pastor preached on "Taming the Tongue", from James 3. As our last pastor left due to malicious gossip, it was totally appropriate, although I don't know whether the new man is aware of the circumstances.

Controlling one's tongue is challenging and difficult, and I felt the congregation was uneasy. But if he knows the situation, I'm glad he is preaching to the real issues in the congregation. If so, he is in for a hard time.

We had one preacher who was into the emotional feel-good stuff, a guest who was into 'get Jesus and get rich', and our denomination is going politically correct liberal.

It is really amazing that we all read the same Bible.

Old Words

Hath God Said? Genesis 3:1

Wise Words

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 1 John 2:23-26

Wonderful Words

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13

Fair enough question.

This really does need a new thread bro <ahttp://www.worthychristianforums.com/uploads/emoticons/default_thumbsup.gif' alt=':thumbsup:'> go ahead and make one and I'll chat to you about tongues there.

Dear boldlion, Is This Salvation By Gifts Your New Christianity

You Can Only Have Assurance In Jesus If?

If You Speak In Tongues?

Dear boldlion, What Does The Holy Spirit Say Within The Holy Book?..

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

And Say

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. Hebrews 10:38

Is It By The Gift Of Tongues?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Nay! It Is Through Faith~!

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Believe On The LORD Jesus

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Old Words

Hath God Said? Genesis 3:1

Wise Words

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 1 John 2:23-26

Wonderful Words

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13

Fair enough question.

This really does need a new thread bro <ahttp://www.worthychristianforums.com/uploads/emoticons/default_thumbsup.gif' alt=':thumbsup:'> go ahead and make one and I'll chat to you about tongues there.

Dear boldlion, Is This Salvation By Gifts Your New Christianity

You Can Only Have Assurance In Jesus If?

If You Speak In Tongues?

Dear boldlion, What Does The Holy Spirit Say Within The Holy Book?..

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

And Say

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. Hebrews 10:38

Is It By The Gift Of Tongues?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Nay! It Is Through Faith~!

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Believe On The LORD Jesus

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

I agree, you don't need the gift of tongues to be saved. In the Church (the body of Christ) there are many people of many different gifts that God has given them to do his work. Still works don't save us, only accepting Jesus in our hearts as our Lord an Savior will save us and give us everlasting peace in Heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

[

Yeah I agree with most of what you said (except Ro 10:9.... if you understand 'believe' in the hebraic mindset, it's totally different to our greek hellenistic mindset, and truly you are saved if you 'believe' the way we are supposed to understand that word) and definitely I do not buy into OSAS but this seems to be OT. Why not start a new topic about Ro 10:9 or OSAS and go from there?

I think the problem with this New Christianity idea might not be about lies, but it doesn't tell the whole truth. I think Romans 10:9 might be an example of not preaching the whole truth, when speaking of scripture.

Romans 10:9

King James Version (KJV)

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

I'm sure we have all heard during a Sermon that we must confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, but how many times have we heard we must believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead? I'm just guessing, but I would say it is 20 - 1, least it seems that way.

Side Note: Happy 4th Of July Everybody

Candice I know you folks don't celebrate the 4th of July (it's a USA thing), but have a happy 4th of July anyway. :) In my neck of the woods it is a beautiful sunny day, hope it is there too.

I don't think a lot of people fully understand what it means to confess the "Lord" Jesus. If one confesses Jesus as their Lord, they must first have to have actually done so, or they just make themselves a liar. When one makes something thier Lord, they put themselves under that something and must follow whatever that something says.

i think the scripture here in Romans is a very good defination of what it takes to be saved.

Do your have to be baptized?????? did your Lord tell you that we must...... Yes.

Do you have to repent???? Did your Lord tell you to....... Yes

Do you have to live the life that Jesus told us to live....... Is he your Lord....... Yes

I do agree with Candice that in other places it just uses ther term believe in relation to salvation and I think we do not understand what was meant by that word believe.

But on the other hand, just what does asking Jesus into your heart mean.... could it mean the same thing as the Hebrew and greek words translated as believe.

Words........ they don't always mean the same thing to all people.

But on the other hand, just what does asking Jesus into your heart mean.... could it mean the same thing as the Hebrew and greek words translated as believe.

Yes~!

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:

if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Thank you for your posts. Glennagail, is right, this may be a three thread post, but I will amplify my point though all your thoughts are welcome. First, I think as more time goes after Christ's appearnce, the more jaded people will become. You'll notice in Acts, the Epistles, there is a lot of deliberations, councils, tempting, rebuking of people that are in the Spirit. The Spirit rarely speaks, and certainly it would be a lot easier if there was a Christ-figure to set things in order; but as mentioned before we have Paul rebuking Peter of all Apostles - of whom Christ said, he would build His Church (yes, another thread). But I think there is a common link in the Epistles, in terms the actions of men. It is giving their full measure! This is the key point to this post. When I hear Christians saying or writing that Christianity is really a simple process. What???? Ask a sports champion if it was an easy basic road to victory? That's what we are called for, so I am sorry I doubt people who give formulas that equate Christianity to simple and short. Whoever achieved good grades, climbing to the top of their carreer, know it took daily hard work and focus. I was one of them but let go and fell - I couldn't sustain the pressure. Following Christ is harder, but there is repentance. Yes, I know nothing I can do by my own will (even with Christ's blessing) is not worthy of the free gift of Salvation. But herein lies deception because I can read Acts and see the men closest to Christ did by no means have an easy time.

Also I accept there are many that are spirtually more advanced than I am. So if you are at the top of your game, show me how you endure with faith. Yesterday, a priest I know was sharing pot with my sister. I thought priest's were meant to give good things to people. Yes, it's not a great crime but are we relying on Christ's mercy a bit too much?

Oak