JHERB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Going OT here, but this reminds me of the time I used Wikipedia to look up Thomas Nast, a famous editorial cartoonist from the late 1800's, the originator of the symbols of the elephant for the Republican party and the donkey for the Democratic party. And from Wikipedia I learned...

... that Nast died of a round-house kick to the face from Chuck Norris. :blink:

:24:

:21:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Foden20110710-CMI-Cayleeistan20110707064341.jpg

Picture says a thousand words :thumbsup:

You know, I suspect that the media hype surrounding this kind of death is just another form of people not recognising the speck in our own eye... it's so much easier to point out how wrong this particular murder is, than to acknowledge how little we've done to fight against abortion, for example. How many people have been aborted since June 08 and why is the outcry for their senseless death not in proportion to this case? The case details are much the same... an abortion murder occured because someone wanted their free party lifestyle back, they try to hide it from society, pretend like nothing has happened.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Only God can judge her. Judge not less ye be judged

Oh come on...use the whole thing at least...

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Casey Anthony—Another View

by Del Tackett

Posted on July 7, 2011

“Every fact is to be confirmed by the testimony of two or three witnesses.” 2 Corinthians 13:1

One of the blessings or curses (depending upon your opinion) of living in the woods is that I am unable to get cable or satellite television. I think I’m one of the few Americans left that uses an old TV antennae. On some occasions, especially when it is windy, it is even hard to get the standard broadcast stations. But, I don’t watch much TV anyway. There’s hardly enough hours in a day as it is.

For that reason, I haven’t followed the Casey Anthony trial other than the occasional summations and now, of course, the verdict that was delivered Tuesday.

I have read the many outbursts of anger over the acquittal and thought I might offer another view.

First, it should be obvious that this trial revealed again the nature of truth and lie. Truth is simple; lies are complex. Truth is reality and if we were omniscient to know what really happened, the tragic story of little Caylee’s death could be told in a few words.

A simple “I did it” obviates the need for a long, complex trial.

The lie, on the other hand, becomes increasingly complex as it needs to patch up holes and inconsistencies when it is exposed by reality.

In this case, stories about a nanny, Caylee being kidnapped, working at Universal Studios, etc. etc…wove a myriad of lies that, when exposed by the truth, required another story: no real nanny, not kidnapped but accidentally drowned, wasn’t really working at Universal, and so forth.

Such is the nature of the lie.

Much like the boy who is confronted by his mother:

-“Johnny, did you break the lamp?”

-“No, Mommy. I wasn’t even in the room.”

-Then little Suzy says, “But I saw you running out of the room after the lamp broke.”

-Johnny then has to come up with “Well, I went into the room after the lamp broke and then I ran out.”

-Older brother Tommy then says, “But I saw you go into the living room before the lamp broke.”

Johnny’s story then becomes increasingly complex and cumbersome, “Well, I went into the living room before the lamp broke, then I left the room before the lamp broke, then after the lamp broke I went back into the room and saw the lamp was broken and ran out.”

The lie usually ends up as an ugly and strange conglomerate of barnacles patched together with bailing wire and duct tape because the pieces don’t really fit together very well on their own.

However, and secondly, in a court of law, no matter how barnacled the defense story is, there must be clear evidence of guilt.

The Scripture lays it out in this way: there must be two or three witnesses to bring about a guilty verdict and subsequent punishment.

When Jezebel conspired to take Naboth’s vineyard for the king, she followed the legal process of using two witnesses. Yes, the witnesses were vagabonds and liars, for sure, but she was using the prescribed law in order to extract Naboth’s property.

The criticality of having witnesses is clearly taught throughout the Scripture. Paul states that we are not to even entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or three witnesses.

In John 5:31, Jesus said this: “If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not true (or admissible as legal evidence).” This is the beauty of the Triune nature of God, where there are multiple witnesses bearing testimony to the other. The Father testifies, “This is My Beloved Son…”.

This is also why a single prophet, i.e. Mohammed or Joseph Smith, should be deemed insufficient to establish new and radical revelation. The Scripture is filled with multiple, corroborating witnesses whose testimony all fits together in simple harmony.

So, though the Casey Anthony defense was complex and convoluted and filled with conflicting and changing stories, without clear witnesses to the crime, it is proper to fail to convict. Now, a witness can be either personal or physical, such as DNA or other forensic evidence, but in the Anthony case, no such clear witnesses were available.

As much as one may deeply suspect something differently, we must follow the design and pattern of Scripture with regards to legal conviction.

Though the guilty may go free in this life, there will be ultimate justice.

With this we must be content. Del's blog.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Though the guilty may go free in this life, there will be ultimate justice.

With this we must be content. Del's blog.

It cannot be said more simply and clearly than that. :cool:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You know, I suspect that the media hype surrounding this kind of death is just another form of people not recognising the speck in our own eye... it's so much easier to point out how wrong this particular murder is, than to acknowledge how little we've done to fight against abortion, for example. How many people have been aborted since June 08 and why is the outcry for their senseless death not in proportion to this case? The case details are much the same... an abortion murder occured because someone wanted their free party lifestyle back, they try to hide it from society, pretend like nothing has happened.

Agreed!