• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I am so thankful for Christ's sacrifice to cover our sins. No sin is too big if we sincerely turn to Him. And the promise of life eternal is such an amazing hope we have.

But it strikes me how a common mistake of sneezing while sitting & reading can have such dire consequences (not skydiving or being reckless).

Not sinning. Not someone else sinning by assaulting us or hitting us while drunk driving (like some brain injuries).

Forgiveness is a moot point. It seems so random. Is it part of God's plan? A broken world?

My one-year anniversery is 7/15. I hope one year will be enough chronic pain for the head, teeth nerves, and now left foot and right shoulder blade. New injuries pop up & take a long time to heal or never seem to.

The world's doctors are clueless, too expensive, or unreachable. Is it God's will to go to a special Wellness Center?

The true challenge has been to keep serving & lifting up His name the past year. Not to be defined by the injury. Life is less fun & enjoyable, but the focus remains the same; Christ & other above myself. Just had to type something.

Thanks for listening. Never sure where to post (not G.Discussion...)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Oh Brother :(:emot-hug:

It is a sad reality that illness and pain has entered this world, not because it was His design or will, but because of sin.

As a result, we hurt. We hurt long past what we deem is necessary. And even when we think we've had enough, it keep coming. I'm so sorry that you know this personally. Some are blessed enough not to have to know this.

All I can suggest is to keep your eyes heavenward, because it really will be worth it, and we are finally free from pain there.

God bless, and may He grant you some comfort.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Prayers for deliverance

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

We may not know why He chooses to let us suffer in some manner or other but God always gives us sufficient grace for each day if we can but recognize it. We as God's people are truly blessed - our problem is that we can't see the blessing for the distractions of pain or family or other problems. I pray that we focus on Jesus and His blessings and thank Him for each one.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/15/1952

Bless you for staying strong and praising Him through adversity. Many wouldn't be able to. I do believe that ultimately wellness is God's will for us; is a special wellness center an option for you? If so, I would do it.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I am so thankful for Christ's sacrifice to cover our sins. No sin is too big if we sincerely turn to Him. And the promise of life eternal is such an amazing hope we have.

But it strikes me how a common mistake of sneezing while sitting & reading can have such dire consequences (not skydiving or being reckless).

Not sinning. Not someone else sinning by assaulting us or hitting us while drunk driving (like some brain injuries).

Forgiveness is a moot point. It seems so random. Is it part of God's plan? A broken world?

My one-year anniversery is 7/15. I hope one year will be enough chronic pain for the head, teeth nerves, and now left foot and right shoulder blade. New injuries pop up & take a long time to heal or never seem to.

The world's doctors are clueless, too expensive, or unreachable. Is it God's will to go to a special Wellness Center?

The true challenge has been to keep serving & lifting up His name the past year. Not to be defined by the injury. Life is less fun & enjoyable, but the focus remains the same; Christ & other above myself. Just had to type something.

Thanks for listening. Never sure where to post (not G.Discussion...)

Brother I really sympathize, empathize where you are coming from. This Oct. is my 10 year anniversary of not being able to drive, of being basically housebound, not to mention the surgeries and all the problems my diseases have given me. It can be a struggle not to be defined by ones illness and sometimes even family can make us feel as if we are doing just that. It was one of my worries how could I be any kind of servant to Him if I am stuck in the house. But when I really allowed Him to really guide the direction of our lives He puts things in your path just for His purposes no matter how small we think they are, they are important to Him. I pray He helps you through your troubled times and heals your body of its pain and infirmities, that He eases your heart and mind and showers you with the shalom only He can give.

shalom,

Mizz

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/15/1952

Praying for you! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Thanks for the replies very much.

My prayers go out to miz & all others who have had to deal w/this sort of thing longer than I.

Not giving up is important. God may be allowing very slow healing. Slow is certainly better than nothing-

Can't dwell in the past, though I miss how much easier everything was. Had no right to complain back then.

Keeping my eyes on Christ as much as I can, and trying to avoid more accidents while this body's brain heals (latest was a painful bump to the shoulder blade (they really stick out)).

Philipians 4:7!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

Jeff, I will pray for you.

Your and Mizzdy's posts make me think of my Mom. She is elderly, nearly blind, and has other issues. She struggles with feeling worthless because she can do little and is dependent. I think that bothers her worse than her physical problems. She makes an effort to accept her situation, and she says trying to help others makes her feel she is still worthwhile. She can't go out, but writes and calls people, she says even if she can't see, she can listen. Lots of people need someone to listen.

Seemingly endless pain has got to be a huge challenge. I get migraines, but I know they will end.