IGNORED

Mathew 24

Guest yod

Guest shadow2b
Give me a break shadow2b, please reread my post.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

dad i RE-read your post---ONCE--TWICE--THRICE---

i know i'm just a mite slow at times,guess what?? THIS is one of those times....HAAAAA---HAAAA-- HUMoR---soooooo

could you please tell me "IF" you're being COY & doing word games??.??--I wasn't being hard on you,because I thought you had stated you were of the pre-trib position on another thread...I'M NOT sure of this that's why i said WERE you being COY ??---- once mooooorrrrrrrreeeeee, ere u bng coyness??

shadow2b-----

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

We first see the "great tribulation", then:

Matt 24:30-31 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Since the pre-trib rapture doctrine is aimed at "escaping" the "great tribulation", then certainly the "rapture" which is described above CANNOT happen AFTER it.

Dad Ernie

Hi.  I enter here sheepishly and with great trembling.  I came to this board to discuss the rapture.  May I be so bold?  I do not, for a second, believe Matthew 24:30-31 to be speaking of the "rapture".  I believe this scripture is referring to His Second Coming after the tribulation.

this is why I believe in a pre-rapture:

The saints are to WATCH...AND PRAY ALWAYS, THAT YE MAY BE ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE ALL THESE THINGS (the things of the Tribulation)-Lk 21:36.(The saints are not to) SLEEP, AS DO OTHERS; BUT LET US WATCH-1 Thes 5:6. The Bible warns, IF...THOU SHALT NOT WATCH, I WILL COME ON THEE AS A THIEF, AND THOU SHALT NOT KNOW WHAT HOUR I WILL COME UPON THEE-Rev 3:3. But BLESSED ARE THOSE SERVANTS, WHOM THE LORD WHEN HE COMETH SHALL FIND WATCHING-Lk 12:37; because UNTO THEM THAT LOOK FOR HIM SHALL HE APPEAR THE SECOND TIME-Heb 9:28. For the saints are to BE...READY-Lk 12:40.

And when certain signs and prophecies BEGIN TO COME TO PASS, the saints are to LOOK UP, AND LIFT UP YOUR HEADS; FOR YOUR REDEMPTION (or your being caught up) DRAWETH NIGH-Lk 21:28. And when the Lord does come to take His people, BLESSED IS THAT SERVANT, WHOM HIS LORD WHEN HE COMETH SHALL FIND SO DOING (which is denoting working for or serving God)-Lk 12:43. For there is a day coming when NO MAN CAN WORK-Jn 9:4. For those saints that have kept God

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

HI spiritcritter,

I'm with you!! Amen :D

Love in Christ and welcome on board, nice to have you!!

Angels :rofl:  :D

Having your wings ready? You might need them soon! :t2:  :D  :t2:  :t2:  :t2:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Dr. Luke:  You worded that so well, brother!

Spiritcritter:  Welcome!  Don't be sheepish or tremble greatly - -we welcome your views! :rofl:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Shadow2b,

I am post-trib, pre-wrath rapture. I DO NOT believe that the Bible teaches ESCAPISM, but patience, endurance, and being made strong so that when those days come upon us we will be able to STAND.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest shadow2b
Greetings Shadow2b,

I am post-trib, pre-wrath rapture. I DO NOT believe that the Bible teaches ESCAPISM, but patience, endurance, and being made strong so that when those days come upon us we will be able to STAND.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh DAD ,you little dickens you,you WERE being coy.....     :cool2:   i agree  post-trib--PRE-wrath---      :???:  :biggrin: thank you for splaining-standing with you-

your bro.--shadow2b--------

Guest shadow2b
We first see the "great tribulation", then:

Matt 24:30-31 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Since the pre-trib rapture doctrine is aimed at "escaping" the "great tribulation", then certainly the "rapture" which is described above CANNOT happen AFTER it.

Dad Ernie

Hi.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

:cool2:

Thank you, shadow.  That is exactly what I was looking for, your views.  :thumb:  what I did not do is review my post before I posted and I would have seen that I forgot to include the web page from whence my information came.   :rofl:  

I, personally, believe that once saved - always saved.  I still believe in a pre-trib rapture though.  I always have and I have seen nothing showing otherwise.  I was concerned about the text as I saw it too which is why I wanted other views on it.  BTW - what I pasted was taken from bibledesk.com

Thanks!  SC   :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Matthew's primary audience was for Jewish people showing that Jesus is Messiah and King (Mark=Romans/servant; Luke=Greeks/Son of Man; John=believers/Son of God). The context seems to be immediately preceding the visible return of Christ (Mt. 24:3, 27, 30).

Mt 24:41 does not refer to the rapture. The one taken is an unbeliever to judgement. The one left is a tribulation saint who will go on into the Kingdom. Based on context and other passages in Scripture, I throw my hat in with the pre-trib. rapture view. Mt.24-25 refers primarily to the Tribulation and Israel/new Trib. saints (no rapture teaching in this passage) with Christ having already come for the church and soon to return with His church.

(Note: the Bible is not a closed, secret book for Christians only, but a love letter and revelation of who God is, of what He has done, and what He purposes to do. Paul and Jesus revealed truth for Jew, Gentile, and believers so all may know the heart and mind of God for man in general. The Gospels, including Matthew, are "Good News".)